Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever wanna let your emotions?

Finia

Constantly. I feel that if I ever start screaming, I won't be able to stop. Snark and complaining are my safety valves and hanging around people online {i.e. you fine folks} helps me stabilize, but I often feel like I'm just one bad day away from losing it irrevocably.

• Brohoof 1

I feel unusable. My soul officially died today :( I don't know what to do now! Especially with a family that doesn't give a flying **** about you :( and yea like I said before I would let my emotions out .

Edited by RlikesRainbowdash
  • Brohoof 1

I usually let me emotions out (mainly cry) when I'm at home and I miss my parents and my best friends that i cannot physically touch/talk to. I to was really turning grey and emotionless/numb like the ponies in the crystal kingdom.... but the more I watch the show the more I feel I can shine and enjoy the few close, trusted friends I have. And endure the life I have been given an to help others so I can shine brighter everyday.

:fluttershy:

This feeling hits me a lot. I normally do not have many people to talk to offline and thanks to several issues, I do not get out very often, not that there is much to do in my town anyways. With how active my mind gets, sometimes I just need to ramble on and express my many thoughts in one go, it really can be a stress reliever. Every now and again it is pretty much essential for me to do this so I can relate for sure.

I totally agree. It is hard to try to relate to others when it's a pain just trying to understand yourself.... and in the process you get stuck in a loop and don't wanna do anything or go anywhere....or see anybody.  But today, I was called Uncle John by my best friend and class mate and by his daughter.... it made me feel so so dang good inside. I wore one of the pony shirts I got at Hot Topic today... and nobody judged/laughed at me..... they were just curious... after I explained to them what it means to me they totally understood and accepted it. :kindness:

I feel unusable. My soul officially died today :( I don't know what to do now! Especially with a family that doesn't give a flying **** about you :( and yea like I said before I would let my emotions out .

It's all good.... if you need anypony to talk to I'm here.... we are all here to listen, talk, joke, understand, be friends. Isn't that what MLP and being a good pony is all about?! :fluttershy:

I can state it this way Rlikes.... my sister, nephew, neice, bro-in-law, the whole side of my moms family don't really give a flying leap about me. My dad's youngest bro does.... most of the time. So, your not the only one with a family that can't even take a little time to talk or see you. BUT, I don't let that bring me down... I have a couple (in person) friends that actually care about me so much more than the remaining family i have left. ;)

Edited by Mistral
  • Brohoof 2

It isn't worth it in the end. Talking doesn't lead to answers, and answers are what I need in order to be satisfied. The introspection of letting out emotion alone, as opposed to venting in some way, is just as fruitless.

Edited by Prop

I usually let me emotions out (mainly cry) when I'm at home and I miss my parents and my best friends that i cannot physically touch/talk to. I to was really turning grey and emotionless/numb like the ponies in the crystal kingdom.... but the more I watch the show the more I feel I can shine and enjoy the few close, trusted friends I have. And endure the life I have been given an to help others so I can shine brighter everyday.

:fluttershy:

I totally agree. It is hard to try to relate to others when it's a pain just trying to understand yourself.... and in the process you get stuck in a loop and don't wanna do anything or go anywhere....or see anybody. But today, I was called Uncle John by my best friend and class mate and by his daughter.... it made me feel so so dang good inside. I wore one of the pony shirts I got at Hot Topic today... and nobody judged/laughed at me..... they were just curious... after I explained to them what it means to me they totally understood and accepted it. :kindness:

It's all good.... if you need anypony to talk to I'm here.... we are all here to listen, talk, joke, understand, be friends. Isn't that what MLP and being a good pony is all about?! :fluttershy:

I can state it this way Rlikes.... my sister, nephew, neice, bro-in-law, the whole side of my moms family don't really give a flying leap about me. My dad's youngest bro does.... most of the time. So, your not the only one with a family that can't even take a little time to talk or see you. BUT, I don't let that bring me down... I have a couple (in person) friends that actually care about me so much more than the remaining family i have left. ;)

Yea I agree with you, hey can we chat on kik? My username is RlikesRainbowDash. :)

• Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

I bottle my emotions up instead of letting them run freely from the tap--this way, ponies get a taste of my feels in prepackaged, readily-consumed quantities on the go. It also means my profit margins are much higher per unit of emotion, and the quality is believed to be much, much better even though it's really all the same thing. They're not just regular emotions, they're purified spring emotions utilizing the world's most advanced filtration processes. That's what the labels claim, anyway. :P

Edited by Admiral Regulus

I'll admit, I've cried on more than one occasion when alone. I bottle up my emotions too often. It's hard to find people to let out your emotions to most days, haha. Specially when you only have one or two people to talk to per day... so yeah, I always feel the need to let my emotions out, not a day when I don't.  :sunny:

I do let my emotions out sometimes. It helps me to clear up and move on. But I do not speak to anyone about it; I either let it out on paper (in a diary) or by speaking to myself.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to let them out (and sometimes I do even if it's mostly to essentially anonymous internet users >.> ), if only because I think it would be better to not to keep them bottled up. But, the sad truth is I'm usually too afraid to tell people how I feel. I don't know, it just puts you in such a vulnerable spot when you put yourself out there like that. Sometimes people react positively, other times not so much. So nope, I shy away from that; if they ask, I'm always doing "ok" or "fine".

I have found a bit of asylum in writing my thoughts out though. It doesn't feel as vulnerable when you know no one's going to critique and judge. It's much easier than trying to get someone to actually listen to what you have to say as well.

• Brohoof 1

Oh yes most definitely. There are so many times I can name as examples. If something really bothers me, especially a fear, I keep it in and end up crying it through and then it comes to hit me hard again as I don't know the answer. Hurt emotions feel the worst when you are concerned about someone close to you. Sometimes I wonder if all I do is mess up and want to ask without someone getting the wrong idea.. :sunny: It can be so difficult... :sunny:

Yeah, it would be unhealthy for me not to do so. I have tried to suppress my emotions in the past, but that sent me into a depressive state that I never want to go back to.

I prefer not sharing my emotions with my mom, because she already has so much on her plate that adding my baggage seems almost selfish. But I tend to carry my emotions in my sleeves, so she almost always figures it out and we have a talk that makes me feel better. I find that talking to my close friend about my feelings helps a lot as well, even if I have to cry typing it out. I also write my feelings out in a journal or listen to music to sort out my thoughts. Sometimes, when I'm alone, I'll just cry and that makes me feel better -- minus the headache afterward :)

Edited by Jaxsie

I've never been lonely a day in my life, but I do wish I could express frustration in a normal way without it turning inward and breaking down. Other than that, I can express my emotions pretty well.