Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you ever wanna let your emotions?

Finia

Oh yep. I let em out alright  ^_^. One of the main reasons why I love cheerleading so much is because you get to SCREAM and yell and not be looked at like you're crazy. I put all my HEART and SOUL into that stuff when I need to let something out. 

Other than that, I do have someone who I'm very comfortable in telling almost anything to  :)

I'll let some emotions out right now: It bothers me that the person who created this topic was ultimately perma-banned; particularly considering the nature of their original post.  I don't know the circumstances, and I don't care about the circumstances.  Still bothers me.

I share everything with my partner, and I have a friend with whom I've shared more than I have with most.

Most of the time, since I don't have any IRL friends that like to hear me ramble, I just bottle up my frustration and anger until I get a chance to let it all out.

For instance, I'd been keeping in negative feelings for 16 years, until finally college stress got to me and I completely destroyed a washing machine, punched a hole through my bedroom wall, and knocked over a 10-foot shelf of china all in the span of thirty seconds. Ended up costing me more than the textbooks I was using.

Every month or so after that I'd use a pocket knife and cut myself in the arm to let my emotions out. I even contemplated stabbing myself a couple of times, but I didn't have the guts for it... no pun intended.

Since then, I've set a goal to find someone who will listen to me rant so that I don't get so destructive again.

Edited by Meson Bolt

I spend a lot of my time feeling lonely, but then I never really do much to make myself feel better about the matter. I just tend to type my feelings and rants up in blogs.

I personally find it very important to just let it all out before those negative feelings take over. I've been depressed before, and just speaking from the heart to my family and close friends helped me overcome it more than anything else ever could. Even when you don't know exactly what's bothering you so much, just being around your loved ones is the best medicine~ c:

I would love to let my anger flow, to be the kind of jerk people respect and give space to, as needed but that wouldn't end well. Same with telling people how I feel on the bluer side of the spectrum, they'd probably start saying I crave attention. So I bottle it and hope people learn otherwise before I'm swallowed by either a monster or a well.  

• 4 years later...

I do show my emotions like anger when needed to let people know how I feel but I don't let it take control. I like to keep my emotions in check.

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Sometimes it seems like it would be a release to vent my negative emotions but it would only end up upsetting others and make me feel worst so it best not to.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud

Always, but I hold back. I've had a lot of pent up anger for a while and I know that it's going to blow up in my face eventually. Hopefully not anytime soon.

• Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Do you ever wanna let your emotions?

I often hold things in even though I’m not good at concealing it if I have something on my mind. I try to keep it all to myself but the fact remains that hiding emotion isn’t always a good idea. It’s good to clear the air and talk about things that are getting you bogged down or stressed out. People often want to help but can’t do so if they don’t know what’s wrong. When I finally let it all out I usually go all the way and really blow out those mental cobwebs. It can be unpleasant to see but very cathartic. I don’t think it’s very healthy to bottle things up perpetually.

• 1 year later...

Yeah, but I generally manage to keep myself under control and find smaller and less explosive ways of releasing those emotions.