Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The MLPForums Birthdays Masterthread

Clarity

Questions about birthdays and stuff.  

13 users have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to celebrating your birthday on MLPForums?

• YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Party time, baby!
    • No. I hardly ever celebrate my birthday on a social site.
    • Half-half. I usually just go through the day as normal but may talk about my birthday at times.
    • Unsure.
    • I'd love to celebrate it, but I wish more people took notice of my birthday.
    • Other
  2. 2. How do you celebrate your friends' or others' birthdays on MLPForums?

• I either leave a comment on their profile, private message them, or send them a message through another method, such as Skype.
    • I hang out with them (IRL).
    • I give them money through Paypal or a related site.
    • I give them a physical object/gift, through online ordering methods or other ways.
    • I give them something that can be sent over the Internet, like a drawing, a card, or a story.
    • I don't/can't give them anything, so I celebrate their birthday with good cheer.
    • I give Clarity lots of Homus.
    • Other
  3. 3. Do you consider your birthday important?

• Yes! I just aged another year, and it's something to celebrate!
    • No. I don't give any damns about my birthday; it's just another day.
    • No. I just aged another year! THIS SUX SO MUCH WTFFFFFF
    • Other

(edited)

WELCOME TO THE...

~MLPFORUMS BIRTHDAYS MASTERTHREAD!~

(Pardon me for the flanderized title. I'm not good at decorating threads.)

Hello everybody! This is the thread where you come to to celebrate a very special event: a birthday! Whether it be yours or a friend's or even a random stranger on the site that you've never talked to, all birthdays are appreciated equally in the MLPForums Birthdays Masterthread. 

You might be thinking, Hey, why do we need a thread like this? All birthdays are listed in the calendar already, anyway. This thread sucks and so do you. 

Well, the idea popped into my head one day during June 17th while I was chatting with a group of friends. One of them, my best friend (and worst enemy) will be having his birthday very, very soon. I, being under the age of consent, was unable to use Paypal, and I couldn't think of anything to give him that would be worthwhile. I mean, what can you really give over the Internet? To some friends, I gave birthday cards or love letters. But I think those have been overused (at least by me) by now. 

And then I thought, What do I usually do at a birthday party? I cheer, I hang out, I chat and I have fun. The gifts weren't usually the ones that matter, even though they're a very kind gesture. Most of the fun? It comes from having friends—or even people you don't know very well—celebrate your birthday along with you. 

I also remember seeing many statuses announcing that it's their birthday—but with hardly any replies. I usually try my best to reply to those statuses, because it is a rare day, but I usually then move on. Not much I can do for them, which is sad but probably understandable considering they're not anyone I know. I do know that some kind and dedicated people would look through the calendar events and send PMs or comments to the birthday people; I've received some myself when I changed my birthday once in order to pull a prank (long story). A lot of new members may feel left out due to the fact that no one takes notice of their special day, because let's face it—how many times have you looked at the day's birthdays and wished somebody a happy one? 

Entonces, I made this thread. Nobody's taking notice of your birthday? Wanting to celebrate a friend's birthday but you're not sure how? Don't worry. I'll make sure your name is in big, bold letters in the list below. Just come in and join the big party! smile.png

FANMADE_birthday.jpg

So you may be asking yourself... what should I do in here? I mean, why should I take the trouble to post in this thread when I can just PM or write a comment?

Well, first of all, making a masterthread makes your birthdays public—everyone will be celebrating them! Private messaging makes it feel small—which may be your favored way of partying. That's fine, not everyone wants a fancy dinner or lots of attention. But if you want to celebrate the special day along with others, then this is the thread to be in. :)

Next, you can give gifts! Post a card, a drawing, a story, or some other related gift that can be given over the Internet right here. Private messages work, too, but if you want to show everyone what you gave your best friend, you now got a place to do so. 

Also, you may list upcoming birthdays of friends you want to celebrate—I'll make a separate list for them so friends know and can have time to prepare a gift for them.

In short, if you want to have a huge party with everyone in MLPForums, then the MLPForums Birthdays Masterthread is here to do just that. ;)

A few rules about this thread:

1. First off, the birthday masterthread isn't limited to just MLPForums members' birthdays. You can celebrate any birthday you want—including birthdays of your family members or friends who may not be members of this site.

2. This is a semi-chat thread, as it's pointless to come in here just to say Happy Birthday; you may want to offer your best wishes, give gifts, reply to give your thanks, et cetera. However. This is not the General Chat Thread. Do not go on a long string of replies that have nothing to do with the topic. You can do that through private messages or status updates.

3. Early or late birthdays can be celebrated, but please don't go overboard and celebrate every single one of your 364 un-birthdays. The point of this thread is to celebrate birthdays on the day it occurs and upcoming birthdays. And by upcoming I mean very close. 

4. This goes without saying, but please don't be rude, disrespectful, or otherwise dickish. Not every birthday is special, but more often than not, it's a day to celebrate—not to ruin. Don't crash another person's party.

5. Wait for it....

HAVE FUN! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

No, seriously, I see that every time some sort of event is hosted. Like, people say "and the most important rule is to enjoy yourself!" but isn't it more important to be, well... nice people? Because sometimes people enjoy themselves when they murder people or when they steal from people or when they call another person a smelly pile of feces made of rubber or when they yell at the OP to get a move on and stop talking about something so trivial like the rule to have fun.

Birthday list today (June 19th, 2014)

This lists all of the birthdays today! The date of someone's birth may just be a regular day to you, but to them, it's another year passed by...

A few things about this, too—

• This lists all of the birthdays according to the calendar. If I don't mention you and you know it's your birthday today, either you didn't set up a birthdate on your profile, or you don't want to display that information. You may ask me to add you if I did not do so.
  • I'll try to make sure this list is updated every day, but I'm a busy person and it may not necessarily be up to date. However, it's easy enough to just go to the calendar yourself and find out who's having their birthday. 
  • I will mention you in the list if it is your birthday. If you don't want to have that annoying notification, feel free to tell me.
  • If you're celebrating the birthday of someone not a member of this site, you can give me the name of the person or the way you want to refer to them, and I'll add them in—without the mention feature, of course.
  • Inactive members will be added and mentioned. I'm sorry, but I really do not have time to go through 20+ profiles to see if you're active or otherwise. 

Today's birthday girls/guys are...

@ScootaDash

@Mia Angelle

@cassy1235

@Ryos

@TwinStarDazzel

@DaiOchu

@Mzukiller

@Ghostfire

@Rivet Canterlot Mechanic

@CL307x

@Lightning Dasher

@Hurricane Sandy

@LunaTheGoodMoon

@wacarb

@Nol

@DreamRisk

@Rudes LOL OLD WOMAN I HAT YOUR FACE <33

@Icy Void

@Newmoon Winter

@Harmony Cube

Happy birthday to you all! Wish them a Merry Christmas!

Edited by Akuma Homura
  • Brohoof 6

(edited)

FIRST UP IS ME. I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT MY BIRTHDAY PLANS ARE. I'M JUST GONNA WING IT. 

ALSO I LOVE YOU

LOL SLEEPY

EDIT:

LOL SHAMELESS BUMP

As I posted elsewhere, I'm spending my birthday alone (IN NEW YORK CITY) and am in need of ideas for a proper loner celebration. Any recommendations? They don't have to be serious. :)

And just because it slipped my mind last time, Happy Birthday to everyone else on that list! Even if most of them are inactive. :D

Edited by Rudes
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...