Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

staff And the new Administrator of the MLPForums is...

Ice Princess Silky

Everybody gangsta until The Scary Sounding Polish Dude in Background™ comes to foreground

doge.gif

Pestering about admin stuff, huh? Well, I do happen to have a request...

764c96704edbe2b5322661b2b2f9483a.jpg

Anyway, gratz @Sir Hugsalotl! :D 

• Brohoof 1

I've been a bit busy, but congratulations Sir Hugsalotl!! I don't think we have met before, but from the high regard I see that everyone has from you, you seem like a very kind and good person. The forum is in great hands!

21 hours ago, Sunny Fox said:

And I, for one, welcome our new insect overlord administrator...

Good luck and congratulations, @Sir Hugsalotl!

Also, new page! Woot!

Congrats on hitting page 2 : D Thank You so much! *hugs*

19 hours ago, Shrug said:

Congratulations, @Sir Hugsalotl and the best of luck to you! :D 

We haven’t really interacted much at all (mostly cause I only returned to this place very recently lol) but, you seem like a genuinely nice and kindhearted person. I’m very happy for you! You deserve it. :eager:

Hey, You know we can always fix it, I am all for meeting more people <3 *hugs* thank You :D

19 hours ago, Princess Silky said:

Wait but wasn't he already "Sir Done A lot" in his name changes thanks to you. :toldya:

I highly encourage interaction. Especially to message him and tell him he's a derp.

Or or or -- to act upon his training and just ask him for anything you might need or have questions about :LunaMCM:Gotta get to work.

.... we are not talking about that :okiedokieloki:

Me? *You* are a derp!!! :okiedokieloki:

18 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

A super major congrats to Sir Hugsalot for getting such a prestigious promotion! Also, thank you to Silky for the big big hug and boop! :kindness:

You deserve hugs, my friend *hugs* :3 Thank You! <3 

18 hours ago, FlutteringGuardian said:

Since both of you Silky and Sir are admins are you guys gonna call everyone on the forums Silly?

Definitely, silly :toldya:

18 hours ago, North Star said:

I knew there was a reason I gave you Wind Whistler's lines :P she is the G1 pony admin of pony land. Congratulations pony friend :3 I know you'll be great in the role

Thank You, I will do my best, abrony *hugs* :rarity: Looking forward to doing Wind Whistler's lines :3

15 hours ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

I realize with this post that a single change, even the smallest, can have a HUGE impact in somepony's life! Without @Sir Hugsalotl we wouldn't have the @Princess Silky we all know and love on this website. If he would have never heard of this community, this community wouldn't be as wholesome as it is now! It's the same thing for me, without that random thought of "I'm going to watch an episode of MLP for absolutely no reason!" I wouldn't have discovered the best TV show ever! Without that picture I found on the internet that lead me to this community I wouldn't be there! If @Sir Hugsalotl didn't tell @Princess Silky about me, we wouldn't have met! Now, I can't imagine my life without her! I consider her like the sister I never had!

Chances for this sequence of events to occur are so small! If something would be different, my life would be the same as before! So I'm grateful for being in the reality where I've met @Sir Hugsalotl, @Princess Silky and all the friends that I made on the MLPF.

Gosh, this melted my heart, Shiny. Finding this community was a lifechanger to me. You're right that it took so many, seemingly small events to lead us here. I remember when I came here and I felt so small... in the world as whole. I came here hoping to find friends I could never find in my personal life. And here we are. I've found my darling here and now even more people come and also find meaningful connections on this forum <3 This is what this place is for. This is what this fandom was always renowned for. I am so happy I've found You on that day when You joined and even more happy to hear that You find same meaningful friendships I've found here <3

You're amazing! *hugs* :3 

14 hours ago, Princess Silky said:

Oh my gosh, I should have known that you would nail the understanding and deep impact.... he's a bit of an introvert.. so he refuses to take credit for all of the MASSIVE things he's done... and it makes me feel so guilty to take so much credit that isn't even mine. So, he is perfect as an admin that will do a lot in the background while remaining humble and helpful. I feel a lot of members can relate to being introverts or too shy... he was THE SHIEST member in the beginning... with help of some friends like @Lightwingand the rest.. he slowly started to come out. This has had me contemplating my own life. Sometimes, we dwell on negative things and it can easily avalanche bigger problems due to the rumination. But what if we collected small good things? Little by little, until it all adds up and we have an avalanche of confetti and all the warm memories we've gathered together ;~; Would be lovely..

Either way, with how busy I've been, I haven't been the best of friend that I could be to you @Shiny Silvermoon and many many others and I greatly lament that but please know you're always in my thoughts while I go throughout these changes and things that we're all working on <3 :coco:

*blushes* sweetie, it's because I wasn't alone doing things :3 You've done so much when I needed You... without Silky there's no Sir :blush:

Gosh, don't get me started, when I first found You on this website I was so shy to approach :laugh: And now... we are together. I definitely agree, we must stick to good, beautiful things. Those small little diamonds that can illuminate even darkest moments of our lives. And to me, especially now with You, this forum is one big diamond. I am so happy that I will be taking active role in continuing its wonderful legacy and hopefully inspiring others to find as meaningful connections as one we have ;) *hugs You tightly* 

I can hear @Shiny Silvermoon and many many others disagreeing with You not being the best friend all the way from here btw :orly:

14 hours ago, Shiny Silvermoon said:

@Princess Silky, you are one of my greatest friend, maybe THE GREATEST in all my life, without hurting anypony's feelings. It's perfectly understandable that you are not able to spend as much time with your friends as you used to because of your new responsibilities. However, if it hurts you to the core to not be able to be there as often as you were for your friends, there will always be a solution and I'm sure you can figure it out. What you need is less responsibilities than more because you deserve to have free time and a better sleep. But if you enjoy what you are doing, I'll always be your soul sister no matter the time we spend together. I'm here to support you. :fluttershy:

See? Told You @Princess Silky

Shyny Silvermoon, You are an absolute darling, this exchange really made my day today :rarity:

13 hours ago, Astral Soul said:

Finally at home and I have time to reply :> Where to start .. ?! of course with a nice cup of tea 

568058656_OriginalTeacup.png

I remember it rather clearly,

a bit more than two years ago, somepony created a thread in the Welcome Plaza.

As usually I went there, read the thread and learned that this pony has returned after a hiatus.

We both were big fans of the legendary Miss Kindness FluttershyAdorable.png.7815972924d1c35207646aa9ed54ddd4.png and right from the start we understood each other perfectly.

We started to exchange messages and added each other on discord and now then had wonderful and pleasant conversations.

Then last year, I started to have more and more contact with this pony.

We spend more and more time together

started to work together

Shared silliness, tea, all kind of pony media

I've learned that this guy is honorable, loyal, kind, hard-working

and trust worthy.

Trust comes not easy for me.

Far too often in my life I have been disappointed and I trusted only few people.

So it means a lot, when I say:

SirHugs has proven himself to me as someone I can trust.

I also had the chance to meet him in real life and we had a great time.

I know he will be fit for this, I know he will be perfect for this task

I know he will take care for this forums with everything he has.

In my humble opinion there couldn't be any better choice

So with that

Congratulations, my friend

You are the right pony for the job

@Sir Hugsalotl

and now for some more direct word:

What did you do?

Didn't I tell you it is not a good idea to eat a chocolate bar you put for two months under the ground?

Now look at you.

You are so blue

Screen_Shot_2023-04-22_at_3_12.05_AM.thumb.png.5d5c1ae4fd2f5940d7841f246bc7fb49.png

I think from now on,

you are the legendary, the one-and-only:

SirIsBlueALot

Gosh, Astral...

Honestly, I was so happy that You've greeted me, I've quickly become fond of You and since that time my fondness was only growing. Even today it is still growing. When You opened up You blew me away with how fun, friendly, approachable and wonderful You are. In many ways You are an inspiration to me and not just an inspiration to drink more tea ;) Even though that You also inspire me to do ;) 

... of course You had to include farming Mars bars :laugh: Yes, yes, I've eaten a Mars bar buried underground for 2 months and I became blue from it. That is totally what happened XD 

*is still literally laughing* xD I love You, Astral *hugs* Thank You for this

12 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@Sir Hugsalotl Congratulations, Best Admin Friend Five-ever! :D 

Now, @Princess Silky can tell you what to do on and offline! :nom:

Or maybe it is the other way around :toldya: Thank You! *hugs*

12 hours ago, Skylight Scintillate said:

*Alicorn filly Skylight appears and pouts.

Silky, you forgot to mention me... :(

Anyways, that aside, even though we have only known each other for a few months, but it feels like both of us have changed so much since then. You've always believed in me and I am so thankful for that. I wouldn't be where I am today without you. Looking forward, I can't wait to see what you and Silky do together as admin staff. I heard there's a lot of changes that are going to be happening and I am so excited to be a part of it.

Even if You were not tagged here You are very much remembered in my mind ;) You're not getting away from being mentioned here c: 

Skylight, You are a joy to watch when You interact with people. I still remember how You battled those freaking changelings :laugh: Honestly, You also inspired me, I love watching other people and the way You've grown was nothing short but wonderful. I am so glad You're also in a staff, a perfect pony in a perfect place, I would say :3 *hugs*

I look forward to working with her and I can tell You this - I will make sure there are plenty shennanigans involved xD Especially since Gar... I mean, @Aticus the Adequate is also a staffer and he's a walking amplifier to any ridiculousness that exists c: 

11 hours ago, Goofyg27 said:

Sir hugsalot if there's any issues I have with anyone on the forums I'll be sure to shoot you a text message through dm on the forums but I hope that wouldn't have to happen (Sent with gentle tone) anyways once again congrats on becoming a new admin here 

Hopefully we will not have to talk about anything unpleasant, but if anything of such kind happens don't hesitate to reach out to me or to any other staffers, we're all here to help ;)

*hugs* Thank You :3

11 hours ago, Aurora876 said:

Wow, congratulations @Sir Hugsalotl!! This is awesome.

Wait, wasn't this like-- yesterday or something??? Everything going on around here moves WAY too fast for me. :ButtercupLaugh:

*Goes back to quietly sitting in the corner playing Winter Wrap-up and smiling and waving at ponies passing by*

Thank You! *hugs*

I feel like recently time is sprinting myself xD Hold onto me, don't get swept away by the sheer speed :laugh: 

@Rikifive Now this is a dedicated fan of Your wonderful game <3 

9 hours ago, TBD said:

@Sir Hugsalotl

Since you’re a new Admin, Does that mean you are going to have us give hugs for everyone, you know what hugs can do to me :umad: right??

haha but anyway omg! Congratulation on a huge promotion!!! The forum will definitely be in a better hands now that a person who is sensible and fair as you is now running it!  You will go far and will continue to make this forum a fun, safe, and better place for people old and new to gather and mingle! You are such a good and dependable friend that everyone can definitely get behind on to support. The the funny thing is I had a de ja vu about this. So I guess that’s fate for you! :ButtercupLaugh: Let’s create this forum a better place together Sir Hugs!!!

Hey, that idea is still being worked on, do not reveal it! :laugh:

Spoiler

You better hug everyony though >:C *hugs*

Honestly, I look forward to contributing to the forums and having them becoming even better platform than they are today. This website is very important to me, but even in my wildest dreams I didn't imagine becoming an administrator when I joined this place in 2013. I definitely look forward to working with You <3 

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-05-08 at 6:45 AM, DJ Wolfe said:

Way to go @Sir Hugsalotl

DE21549D-52C2-457D-BA0A-8DD4CA7EC3DF.gif.9334936dd25105a4d44e1697e78bfa2c.gif

Thank You! *hugs*

On 2023-05-08 at 6:55 AM, TheRockARooster said:

@Sir Hugsalotl

Congratulations to you, Sir.

You've now 'done' it all.

:P

Hey, I will always find more things that have to be...

Spoiler

:toldya: done

Thank You! *hugs* :3 

On 2023-05-08 at 8:39 AM, Star heart 777 said:

I kinda half read this so congrats lunahugsalot of ruskies you certain ear- 

J/K for real well earned well done milord @Sir Hugsalotl

Thank You *hugs* : D 

7 hours ago, Rikifive said:

Everybody gangsta until The Scary Sounding Polish Dude in Background™ comes to foreground

doge.gif

Pestering about admin stuff, huh? Well, I do happen to have a request...

764c96704edbe2b5322661b2b2f9483a.jpg

Anyway, gratz @Sir Hugsalotl! :D 

... of course You had to post polish meme XD *proceeds to grab a chocolate milk* :toldya:

Thank You so much... *Hugs* c:

5 hours ago, thecoolerglimmer said:

I've been a bit busy, but congratulations Sir Hugsalotl!! I don't think we have met before, but from the high regard I see that everyone has from you, you seem like a very kind and good person. The forum is in great hands!

Aww, thank You so much ;-; as for not meeting, we can always fix that *hugs* : D 

23 minutes ago, TheRockARooster said:

@Sir Hugsalotl

It says I got quoted, Sir.

I can't see anything though.

I apologize for that, Rocky, a post I was writing got a bit messy so I had to redo it :rarity: notifications were already sent though D:

@Simon get over here to be blamed by me for it!!! :Cozy::laugh:

3 hours ago, Sir Hugsalotl said:

Aww, thank You so much ;-; as for not meeting, we can always fix that *hugs* : D 

Aww *hugs* nice to meet you as well! : D

On 2023-05-07 at 11:00 PM, Princess Silky said:

@Luna the Great of all the Russias … lololol I’m just kidding, please don’t kill me, Luna :ButtercupLaugh:

On 2023-05-07 at 11:00 PM, Princess Silky said:

@Luna the Great of all the Russias, hurry up and get that alicorn crown on. There's lots of work to do!

Thank goodness I was not given this promotion, otherwise I would be trying to get myself demoted as soon as possible (I am suspicious of contracts from the elusive "T-man"); the bolded blue name and rank is not worth trading away the simple life of a MLPF plebeian.

Thank you for taking the promotion for me, Sir Hugsalot. I have gotten many threats of this offer, so it will be good for that to end (hopefully).

On 2023-05-08 at 2:39 AM, Star heart 777 said:

I kinda half read this so congrats lunahugsalot of ruskies you certain ear- 

I agree. Congratulations to the Lord of Abundant Embraces of Polish-Lithuania.

So many staff promotions happening as of late. It's starting to become difficult to keep up with so many changes.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Thank you for taking the promotion for me, Sir Hugsalot. I have gotten many threats of this offer, so it will be good for that to end (hopefully).

The crown of alicorn-hood was tossed in the general direction of Luna, herself. But it had bounced and fallen upon the head of a self-proclaimed knight..

"Curses!" Silky said, "Foiled again! But worry not... I shall get you -- one day!" She runs off into the forest, with a long cloak and a hood over her head, cackling maniacally. 

6 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

So many staff promotions happening as of late. It's starting to become difficult to keep up with so many changes.

I agree. There's just so much going on in the background. It can be a bit overwhelming. :rarity:
But rest assured, if you have any questions or concerns, we're here for you. @Sir Hugsalotlis an excellent candidate and leader who is patient, kind, humble and has been helping this community since 2013 even if just as a friend offering emotional support. Now, he's able to do more if you need any help with anything.

:hug_day:

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, Princess Silky said:

I agree. There's just so much going on in the background. It can be a bit overwhelming. :rarity:
But rest assured, if you have any questions or concerns, we're here for you. @Sir Hugsalotlis an excellent candidate and leader who is patient, kind, humble and has been helping this community since 2013 even if just as a friend offering emotional support. Now, he's able to do more if you need any help with anything.

:hug_day:

With the power of  @Princess Silky invested in @Sir Hugsalotl! His hug power is immeasurable!!!! Hraaaaa!!!!

1 hour ago, Princess Silky said:

The crown of alicorn-hood was tossed in the general direction of Luna, herself. But it had bounced and fallen upon the head of a self-proclaimed knight..

"Curses!" Silky said, "Foiled again! But worry not... I shall get you -- one day!" She runs off into the forest, with a long cloak and a hood over her head, cackling maniacally. 

*Filly Skylight jumps up and down excitedly.

“Oh oh oh, do me next! Actually wait, don’t do that... I’m already an alicorn!”

8 hours ago, Hugs of Sir Manys said:

@Rikifive Now this is a dedicated fan of Your wonderful game <3 

Oh I know right? ❤️

It's so nice, it makes me happy :wub:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
1 hour ago, Aurora876 said:

WAIT WHUT :BornAgainBrony:

Sir, did you just.....

You didn't, did you?

Please tell me you didn't. :dry: :ButtercupLaugh:

Well, looks like you didn't. You're off the hook this time I guess. :Daydreaming:

*Stares intently at @Princess Silky*

Edited by Aurora876

On 2023-05-08 at 5:00 AM, Princess Silky said:

Reveal hidden contents

@Luna the Great of all the Russias … lololol I’m just kidding, please don’t kill me, Luna :ButtercupLaugh:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

Actually, it’s @Sir Hugsalotl

I don’t have words for this and yet I have too many…
I've seen your contributions to this platform and even how you've invested your knowledge to its management since before even joining staff. But let's start at the beginning...

It was in 2014 when we started to engage online, Sir Hugoholic.. later, Mister Sugarbelle <3 Remember?

"Top of the morning to ya!"
Silky, aka Magical Mare, 2014

Some of my first random words to this sweet, wholesome and supportive forum member whom I always believed was too good to be true.

A lot of people give me so much credit for all the things that I’ve done for this community. Even for something as small as my energy, the vibrant way in which I thrive from an engagement of lovely friendships formed, etc…

But the truth is… what you’re witnessing is a similar result to when Twilight Sparkle shut herself away from the concept of friendship and saw no reason or purpose to believe in it. Until some of those friends kept pulling her back in…

And through a series of many details, she eventually earned her wings.

Circa 2014, the forums was constantly active. I just saw strangers and threads constantly engaging new members along with talks and theories of episodes. There was no reason for me to get too close to anyone.

@Sir Hugsalotl was one of those forum friends who took friendships they made on the platform very seriously. At first, I believed it to be some kind of trickery. There’s no way anyone could be this amazing, attentive, or kind. (And handsome >.>)

I would go to his profile and he would be covered in hugs by many people — insanely popular, this one. So, my cynical conclusion was, “ah, there it is! He just wants my hugs. He’s not getting one from me >:C” and I went on my own merry way.

But sincerity always finds a way to peek through. And there was always something about him that kept us coming back for more. It was this level of friendship which was so sincere, so authentic and innocent… yet principled and dignified... that it fascinated me to figure out what exactly was his angle.

It wasn’t until some hateful edge lords (whose names could audition for a villain of a Batman flick) would RAGEEEEE about how kind he was, trying to make him edgy… that I realized, “oh my gosh… he’s actually real.” You know someone’s sincerely wholesome when they’re making the batman villains rage **because** they’re so kind and supportive of their friends… :fluttershy:

This level of camaraderie inspired me. I wanted to see more of it on the forums and in real life. I wanted to spread this little seed of a gift that I was given… and true to its nature… in the beginning, fellow forums members were suspicious of ME and MY motives with why I was so caring and supportive of them. 

It’s been such an interesting journey with so many other people involved — very bumpy, shaky, crazy and incredibly complex due to how diverse we all are... but we still clung together no matter what. Learning about one another… learning about ourselves… and going “wow, we’ve truly come a long way, haven't we?” Sir Hugs, you were the driving point of all of this...

Years later and your dedication, as a friend, would come to actually steer my life away from a disaster I was driving it towards... but that's a whole other story...

The point is, you've truly shown us that friendships on this platform is more than just cute, random profile pictures. There are real people, with real feelings and real thoughts behind them and each one should be respected as such...

And now, here I am, with the absolute privilege of honoring you as an Admin. And I get to personally thank the Founder, themself @Twilight Sparkle ;~; You have NO idea the beauty that has sparked from your involvement of this platform over the many years... Thank you! You helped me find so many wonderful friends.. and eventually even love... Oh! And @Kurtiss -- you too! Don't think you can run away from credit. @LadyMercury, your floofy ears do be floofy as are your hugs! @AppleDashPoni *big hugs* Thanks for still being here! @Comp, you too you little rascal!

I do admit, I will need the help of a trusted companion whom I know cares about this community and platform as much as I do. Who has proven himself to be a friend of MLPF since 2013 and counting...

And now I'd like to mention a few friends that were there since the beginning of your growth.  :coco: 

(We'll have to shorten the number to keep this post from looking cluttered, but to start...)

@Lightwing, thanks for keeping this little rascal entertained with shenanigans when he was too freakin shy to speak up. Your silliness truly showed him how to come out of his shell and even stoked the fires of later legacies c: 

@Simon, don't talk to me, you're late for curfew! Haha, just kidding. Thanks for spending all that time wayy back when just talking until 3am - even if it was just to vent, see? I told you he was dedicated! 

@Rikifive Oh look... scary Polish sounding man is available for pestering about admin stuff. <3 Let's pester !!!

@Pandora, if it wasn't for Sir Hugs inviting you to meet me, we would not have known each other as well as we do. And seeing you flourish and bloom as you came out of your shyness has truly melted my heart

@Ghostie boi, your friendship to Pandora is similar to what I experienced with Sir Hugaholic. Keep up the good work <3 and thanks for being a good friend

@Dynamo Pad, you're like a brother to us! Thank you so much for always being there as a friend and also a support to the community!

@AuroraGlimmer Thanks for being a sis!

@CrimsonMane thanks for all of the muffins!

@EpicEnergy, lots of hugs and bans <3 <3 <3 

@CocoCody since day one of your arrival, you've just BEEN there. Giving support, laughs and hugs and it's been amazing hahah

@GeneralDirection, your presence and company is soothing and supportive. It's just what a bestie needs!

@Sparklefan1234, YOUR ENERGY, CLEVER MIND AND HUMOR ARE AMAZING <3

@Shadicus *squish/glomp*

@Aticus the Adequate, thanks for being part of our timeless shenanigans <3

@Luna the Great of all the Russias, hurry up and get that alicorn crown on. There's lots of work to do!

Okay, this is getting too long, so I'll just make one big meaningful blog post with all of who you have inspired me to continue this beautiful thing. I've missed A HUGE CHUNK OF YOU so please don't feel forgotten ;~; 

**BIG BIG HUG AND A BOOP TO** /)

oh gosh, I'm missing many more people, I'm sorry if your name isn't here:(

There are too many more but I'm writing this in a hurry, ;~;  <3 
Just know the you've played a role in this friendship chain and you're appreciated <3

(I will have to make a blog post with individualized explanations for how you've each impacted our lives in this journey ...even if you think it was just in the smallest of ways <3 there was impact and you're very unique) 

So let's continue the journey of friendship together. And let's begin with a warm welcome of Sir Hugoholic, Sugar Belle, later Sir Hugoholic again, and then knighted to Sir Hugsalotl. :laugh:

Feel free to pester, poke and harass him for admin duties that he is attentive enough to get to <3 

Congrats on this it's well deserved <3 sorry for my slowness.. {As expected of a panda} i have been too sleepy to do much but hope it all goes well and goodluck on this part of the team!

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-05-10 at 2:40 PM, Pandora said:

Congrats on this it's well deserved <3 sorry for my slowness.. {As expected of a panda} i have been too sleepy to do much but hope it all goes well and goodluck on this part of the team!

Aww PanPan! It's okay to be slow :rarity: thank you so much, I will do my best for the forums :3

If you ever need any assistance with the forums don't hesitate to reach out to me :D:hug_day:

• The topic was unpinned