Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think there are anti-bronies that like MLP?

Celli

Just what the title says. Do you think there are people that hate bronies, but like the show?

• Brohoof 2

Definitely. To be honest, these sort of anti-bronies tend to be the worst. I hate their pessimistic outlook on the fans, as well as how nasty their work can be. I know one anti-brony who took his time writing a 20,000-30,000 essay on the subject of bronies and sexism, as well as reviewed every Season 4 episode just to make other fans angry. It's quite sad, since the majority of bronies aren't overly sensitive people. :<

(edited)

Well, there are bronies who act mean to other bronies due to peer pressure. Hiding who they are because their friends are hateful towards us and have to be the same because they're friends would do the same to them if they found out who they were.

Edited by FeIix

I'm sure there are. (and yea, I guess /mlp/ counts, since they say they hate bronies, but the are on a board dedicated to mlp). They can often be the most hurtful, as they know enough of the show to create more direct and knowledgeable insutls.

But yes, /mlp/ is technically anti-brony (as they do not like using the term on themselves for whatever reason), and they are all fans of FiM.

And other posters have already proved they exist elsewhere, sad as it may or may not be.

I thought of this topic after watching this by the way:

This "Anti-Brony" is very respectful and isn't like any anti-brony I've seen. I wish more anti-bronies were like him.

• Brohoof 2

I've met a few.

My brother's friend wants to give the show a try, (he might've, not too sure) but he also explained that he didn't prefer bronies because apparently the ones he met were one of those fans that are too proud and announcing- basically to the point of unnecessary uncomfort for both bronies and non bronies.

• Brohoof 1

My friend is a fan of the show, but dislikes bronies, to the point of making hate art alongside his copious amounts of fan art.

One time, he called us "sexist neckbeards who support pedophilia and rape". lolwut

So yeah, they definitely exist.

I'm sure there are. (and yea, I guess /mlp/ counts, since they say they hate bronies, but the are on a board dedicated to mlp). They can often be the most hurtful, as they know enough of the show to create more direct and knowledgeable insutls.

But yes, /mlp/ is technically anti-brony (as they do not like using the term on themselves for whatever reason), and they are all fans of FiM.

And other posters have already proved they exist elsewhere, sad as it may or may not be.

Actually, I wouldn't call them anti-bronies, because I used to post there until they got, like, real bad. They like a lot of the content in the fandom, not all of it, and they call themselves nor/mlp/eople.

Actually, I wouldn't call them anti-bronies, because I used to post there until they got, like, real bad. They like a lot of the content in the fandom, not all of it, and they call themselves nor/mlp/eople.

But they do regularly have threads were they insult bronies, they use brony as an insult.

And now they call themselves a more brash term for "those who have intercourse with horses"

But they do regularly have threads were they insult bronies, they use brony as an insult.

And now they call themselves a more brash term for "those who have intercourse with horses"

Wow,i had no idea such a odd type of anti-brony existed..

Are they not hypocrites tho? Imean i thought a brony was someone over a certain age(i wont act like i know the age) that was a fan of FIM???  :huh:

Wow,i had no idea such a odd type of anti-brony existed..

Are they not hypocrites tho? Imean i thought a brony was someone over a certain age(i wont act like i know the age) that was a fan of FIM???  :huh:

I think they would be anti-bronies in name only. They hate the name and title, and despise those who parade it like a pride flag, but also greatly enjoy fan works, and even participate in them, and even run charities for rape victims.

So it is like they hate the image of the proud family friendly brony, and thus try to remove themselves from that image, but at the same time remaining in the fandom.

Yeah, they do. Well, I suppose you could call them anti-bronies, but a lot of them bash the show and throw certain buzzwords around that I don't want to say because they sound... Well, you probably know. I honestly wouldn't even call them fans. As you said, they have certain name

horsef*ckers

, and it's filled with sh*tposting and fetish generals.

Yeah, they do. Well, I suppose you could call them anti-bronies, but a lot of them bash the show and throw certain buzzwords around that I don't want to say because they sound... Well, you probably know. I honestly wouldn't even call them fans. As you said, they have certain name

horsef*ckers

, and it's filled with sh*tposting and fetish generals.

The mods got rid of most of the fetish generals, with no specific fetish generals left, just one massive lewd general.

And ya, I'd call them anti-bronies in name only, as you can see when you post and call yourself or them bronies. But they do participate in fan works, run charites, and even engage laurn faust in dialog on 4chan.

out of all the "anti-bronies" they are the most odd, as they share all traits of the brony, other than name. ( and the obivous NSFW stuff)

• Brohoof 2

The mods got rid of most of the fetish generals, with no specific fetish generals left, just one massive lewd general.

And ya, I'd call them anti-bronies in name only, as you can see when you post and call yourself or them bronies. But they do participate in fan works, run charites, and even engage laurn faust in dialog on 4chan.

out of all the "anti-bronies" they are the most odd, as they share all traits of the brony, other than name. ( and the obivous NSFW stuff)

Actually, those generals are still there. I lurk there once in a while, and there are some tame ones, and some really lewd ones, and some weird ones. I'm glad we moved away from 4chan. I'm not easily disturbed, because I've seen everything, but it's not a good place for discussion.

(edited)

Yes, of course!
Personally I don't really consider myself a brony and avoid fan made stuff but I love the show and the ponies.

:wub:

P.S.
No offense.

:derp:

Edited by KoGy
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, those generals are still there. I lurk there once in a while, and there are some tame ones, and some really lewd ones, and some weird ones. I'm glad we moved away from 4chan. I'm not easily disturbed, because I've seen everything, but it's not a good place for discussion.

They mostly get scruffied up now. You get the occasional one, but most of them (during peak hours) either get 404'd or all NSFW images removed.

But this is getting kinda off topic, so I'll just reiterate for anypony who missed, there are anti-bronies who exist, who love the show and fan works.

• Brohoof 1

@,they sound like a bunch of hipsters to me.

They really are a odd bunch :fiery:

But they deify even that label, as they have a large enough userbase that once in a blue moon, being a brony is a normal thing on that board. Tis a strange beast the 4chans, for it has a large enough userbase that even it defies being called 100% anti-brony.

tis a beas that almost defies classification.

But they deify even that label, as they have a large enough userbase that once in a blue moon, being a brony is a normal thing on that board. Tis a strange beast the 4chans, for it has a large enough userbase that even it defies being called 100% anti-brony.

tis a beas that almost defies classification.

I just don't get why they hate bronies tho,it must be that they just don't want to associate themselves with the possible stigma(we all know what these stigmas are) but still,are they not looking even more awkward by saying basically 'ya im not a brony,but i like brony things'?  :eww:

Idk much about 4chan,but sounds like that place lives in its own reality  :fiery:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I wonder if some viewers of the show that are anti-Brony (which strikes me as rather strange, anyhow) do it simply to "separate" themselves from the fandom; thus enabling them to both watch the show AND join a wandering hate mob (I don't know that they wander - or if they even be mobs - just sounded good to me).  Could an anti-Brony and watcher of the show also be someone who is self-loathing lol?  Lacking in self-awareness, perhaps??  I don't really subscribe to the mindset that allows one to say: "Yeah, I watch that show / play those video games / listen to those songs, but I'm not a fan."  Huhwha??

My friend is a fan of the show, but dislikes bronies, to the point of making hate art alongside his copious amounts of fan art.
One time, he called us "sexist neckbeards who support pedophilia and rape". lolwut

So yeah, they definitely exist.

He sounds like a conflicted individual lol.  And I find it somewhat surprising that you call him "friend" xD.

Edited by PegaMister

Actually I rememeber that the 4chan's /co/'s My little pony General hated bronies a lot.

I started my pony experience there back in the day.

They were usually busy picking on them and acting all superior about it.

:huh:

Good 'ol times.

• Brohoof 1