Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you think there are anti-bronies that like MLP?

Celli

He sounds like a conflicted individual lol. And I find it somewhat surprising that you call him "friend" xD.

Especially considering my well-known stance on haters x)

But...he's a cool guy. I love his art style.

And we can take each other's jokes.

It's our shtick that we try to convince each other why bronies are good/bad x)

• Brohoof 1

I just don't get why they hate bronies tho,it must be that they just don't want to associate themselves with the possible stigma(we all know what these stigmas are) but still,are they not looking even more awkward by saying basically 'ya im not a brony,but i like brony things'?  :eww:

Idk much about 4chan,but sounds like that place lives in its own reality  :fiery:

Such a diverse place, with so many coming and going thanks to the ability to be anonymous, that they deify their own rules and logic. If Discord ever wanted to have a home on the internet, a place like 4chan would be one of his first choices.

@,Im now curious,what do these 'anti-brony yet bronies in essence' call themselves officially??  :huh:

If they don't have a title im gonna just call them FIMsters (Friendship is Magic+hipster)  :muffins:

HorseF*ckers.

That is what they call themselves. And with how often they contradict even themselves, they cannot be hipsters because they love the mainstream. They are vitriolic and hostile, yet had enough insight and literary know how to get Lauren Faust herself to go to 4chan for a Q&A session. So while you may call them hipsters, they are beyond such labels, as such a label requires a consistent character.

@,Im now curious,what do these 'anti-brony yet bronies in essence' call themselves officially??  :huh:

If they don't have a title im gonna just call them FIMsters (Friendship is Magic+hipster)  :muffins:

^Ponyf@gs

But I wouldn't consider them bronies in essence.

(edited)

HorseF*ckers.

That is what they call themselves. And with how often they contradict even themselves, they cannot be hipsters because they love the mainstream. They are vitriolic and hostile, yet had enough insight and literary know how to get Lauren Faust herself to go to 4chan for a Q&A session. So while you may call them hipsters, they are beyond such labels, as such a label requires a consistent character.

They actually call themselves HorseF*ckers...

181317%20-%20AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wut is this i don't even...

Do they actually want that stigma placed on them by society???  :eww:

You know the more you tell me about these "HorseF*ckers",the more i wonder if that are all just participating in a mass anonymity fueled mob mentality self delusion if they think calling themselves something so stupid is going to warrant anyone taking them seriously as a separate MLP:FIM based fandom and a alternative to Bronies.  :eww:

HorseF*ckers,seriously,so ridiculous its actually sad

Edited by Pinkamena-Pills
  • Brohoof 1

They actually call themselves HorseF*ckers...

181317%20-%20AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wut is this i don't even...

Do they actually want that stigma placed on them by society???  :eww:

You know the more you tell me about these "HorseF*ckers",the more i wonder if that are all just participating in a mass anonymity fueled mod mentality self delusion if they think calling themselves something so stupid is going to warrant anyone taking them seriously as a separate MLP:FIM based fandom and a alternative to Bronies.  :eww:

HorseF*ckers,seriously,so ridiculous its actually sad

But that is the point pinkie. They are chaos. You can't have a friendly name and be chaos.

And this has gotten wayyy off topic, I think we should sthap now.

Of course we shouldn't be too judgmental about different parts of the pony liking crowd.

They just have different values. They don't like the broohofy, cuddly wuddly stuff. That's all.

:)

Of course we shouldn't be too judgmental about different parts of the pony liking crowd.

They just have different values. They don't like the broohofy, cuddly wuddly stuff. That's all.

:)

Fair enough i guess,they do still like the show after all. 

• Brohoof 1

Fair enough i guess,they do still like the show after all. 

They do.

The main difference comes from 4chan in this case where Bronies usually ended up making little clubhouses where they had names and trips and good feels while "ponyf@gs" preferred to keep the original 4chanish tone and anonymous stuff.

Also there are the independents who don't call themselves anything.

I wouldn't consider myself an "Anti-Brony", but lately I haven't been a fan of this fandom, but I still like the show just as much as I did at first.

Your answer would be an absolute yes, though.

• Brohoof 1

Definitely. In fact, there was this one guy who I got to watch it, who said something along the lines of: "That was the worst thing I have watched. But I'm going to watch more as a dare for myself." 

A few days later, he came out and admitted he liked it, soooo... 

• 2 months later...

I got into MLP right around the time the first Equestria Girls came out. So between that and Twilight getting her wings I got to experience this fandom at peak levels of drama and bullshit.

Needless to say, I was pretty reluctant to want to have anything to do with this fandom at first.

And there are frankly some elements of this fandom which are just terrible and that I would never want to meet in real life.

Over time though I've gotten more comfortable with this fandomthough, as I've come to understand some things about it better. One of the things I've come to realize which should have been obvious really, is that a lot of bronies are way younger than I am. So a lot of this immaturity is more understandable.

Plus I've also come to realize to what extent a lot of "brony horror stories" are just straight up lies.

Yes, the self righteous hypocrisy of many of these individuals is quite staggering if they want to act like they are better than everyone else and think they are God's gift to mankind and every other fan is scum than I am glad that they have the decency to distance themselves from me instead of the white knights who have this naive goal of trying to "purify" the fandom with their crusades against the "dark side" of the fandom I can understand not liking certain aspects of a fandom, there are some about this one that drive me up the wall, or just being a more casual fan and not really a "joiner" so to speak but the

Maybe i fit into that list. I'm not a very big brony. I just love the show. I also love the fan art and music... all of my gallery and playlist is filled with ponies.. maybe we need to define the term brony. Because i dont like calling myself one, and i dont like doing weird stuff in public to prove i like mlp.

Edited by hamza
  • Brohoof 1

My boyfriend is sort of anti-brony, yet he does like MLP. His favorite character is Twilight Sparkle. I've tried to let him know that most bronies aren't really that bad. I don't have any problem with him not liking them. I guess it's just his opinion on them, you know? It's hard to change someone's opinion on something.

I also don't consider myself a brony or a pegasister either. I just like the show because it's cute, and it's filled with a lot of social and life lessons I can learn from. It's taught me a lot about friendship as well as how to socialize better with others. So, for me... it's more of a tool to help improve my autism more. Does that make sense?

Edited by AutisticAlice
  • Brohoof 1

From experience, I can say there are people who respect MLP as a good show, but get the wrong impression about the fanbase usually through negative interactions with it or just plain getting lost in the dark side of the fandom and not a site like this one. :D

Edited by Wind Chaser