mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Yeah I know it is a pretty damn good album

It's cool to see that you're getting outside of what you usually listen to

Never imagined that you'd have an In Flames album

It's cool bro

And also since I bought those two ISIS albums

I know officially have every single ISIS album that was in the store

Muahahahahahaha!!! All of the ISIS is mine!!

Hey dude if you like In Flames you should listen to some At the Gates.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwIkaUF7wdY

This song's a personal favorite of mine.

This is like my absolute favorite Carcass song.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah I've heard of At The Gates before

But I haven't listened to them yet

At least not until now

That song was actually pretty good

I think that they're a pretty good band

At the Gates was one of the first metal bands I ever liked. The first time I listened to Slaughter of the Soul I was in eighth grade. 

And here's another Carcass song that I really like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCtarEHF_9E

Edited by Neighvana666

At the Gates was one of the first metal bands I ever liked. The first time I listened to Slaughter of the Soul I was in eighth grade. 

And here's another Carcass song that I really like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCtarEHF_9E

I can't really remember the first Metal band I was into

Since my mom used to play some heavy stuff in the car for me

When I was little. So during the ages of 1-5 I was rocking out to Metallica and System of a Down

But anyways, I should look up some more stuff by At The Gates

And that was a damn good Carcass song

I can't really remember the first Metal band I was into

Since my mom used to play some heavy stuff in the car for me

When I was little. So during the ages of 1-5 I was rocking out to Metallica and System of a Down

But anyways, I should look up some more stuff by At The Gates

And that was a damn good Carcass song

Oh dude. Techinicaly the first metal band that I ever listened to was Pantera. They actually used their music in an episode of Spongebob xD. But I think the first metal band that I liked would either be Metallica, Children of Bodom, Gorgoroth or Mercyful Fate. I can't remeber which one I liked first lol.

Hm... slept in when I had shit to do this morning.  So, naturally, I visit the metalthread.  Throwin in some Whitechapel for this wonderful morning.

Good morning, fellow sleep-in'er. I haven't really heard Whitechapel's newer stuff; that art is from their self-titled, is it not?

And HANSIIII, you and your multilayering.

• Brohoof 1

I was reading MetalSucks and I came across a band called Batillus, and they're an industrial-tinged doom metal group that I'm liking a lot. MetalSucks has a stream up for their new album, "Concrete Sustain," which I recommend to every one of you.

I also redid my top 50 albums of all time. The top 4 and the first six of the second tier are my top 10 from 1-10 and the others are in no particular order.

I'll just leave this here. First track from an atmospheric black metal cassette called "Das Tor" from a one-man project called "Paysage d'Hiver." Just a fair warning, this could make your speakers freeze; it's just that raw and cold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeWQrrCN8jU

• Brohoof 1

Oh dude. Techinicaly the first metal band that I ever listened to was Pantera. They actually used their music in an episode of Spongebob xD. 

hahahaha yeah dude i loved that song in Spongebob XD

That was probably my first exposure to metal and it was FUCKING AWESOME.

But I really didn't start listening to any kind of metal until I was like 15 actually. I believe Disturbed was the first metal-ish band I really got into.

I also redid my top 50 albums of all time. The top 4 and the first six of the second tier are my top 10 from 1-10 and the others are in no particular order.

Hey, I see In The Aeroplane Over the Sea in that picture! And yeah, LYSF is a very good album as well, so is F#A#, if you've given that a listen too.

Also, another Mercenary plug, since I've been listening to way too much of them lately.

• Brohoof 1

Hey, I see In The Aeroplane Over the Sea in that picture! And yeah, LYSF is a very good album as well, so is F#A#, if you've given that a listen too.

Godspeed is my favorite band, man. Of course I've heard F# A#. All of their material just blows my mind. I've loved every second of it.

Oh wait this is a metal thread okay here have Mastodon covering Feist

Huh I didn't know In Flames did a cover of "Eye of the Beholder" by Metallica. It's pretty good, although I'm used to Metallica's version so the vocals sound slightly odd to me lol

Someone stop me from listening to old Bulb stuff. I need to get back into heavy, and it needs to happen quickly.

I found this video of Mario singing "Fucked with a Knife". Well looks Like Mario won't have to worry about rescuing the princess ever again. LOL.

Those Mario head videos always creep me out.

Those Mario head videos always creep me out.

Oh come on now, they're not creepy. It just all in your head. *ba dum ta tsis*

Am I like the only person in this whole forum who listens to D.R.I.?

So what would you guys think of me doing reviews of metal albums I buy? Would you guys read them? It just seems like something that would be kinda fun to do.

Sure, if it's an album I'm intersted in. Or maybe we can give you albums to listen to and then you review them.

• Brohoof 2

REVIEWS? Rate Your Music is perfect for that. Get an account there and start rating and reviewing. Even friend me there. It's fun.

Gonna start a Pink Floyd marathon, all the way from Piper to Division Bell. Wish me luck and take some Ne Obliviscaris for while I'm "gone."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1_Jbs47dC8

wow the people on there are like super harsh...all the albums i've looked at only have like a 3 point something rating. Even the most highest rated albums have barely over a 4 star rating.

Keep in mind it's out of five. Also, everyone's rating have to be taken into account, so the opinions of the majority are reflected in the scores.

Keep in mind it's out of five. Also, everyone's rating have to be taken into account, so the opinions of the majority are reflected in the scores.

well why the hell do people rate and review albums they don't even like? that doesn't make sense to me.

but anyway, i might make an account and whatever.

Well, you have to listen to something to be sure you don't like it, don't you? And if all the reviews were positive, every album would be a 4 and above, which would make the top albums of all time list really confusing.

• Brohoof 1

Because the internet's full of a bunch of musical elitists, that's why.

Once again, gracias TBAT. Good band, good vocalist. he's got that nice  "ARG ARG ARG" quality to his vocals.  I would kill to have him back in Periphery

• Brohoof 1