Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

New Gama Bomb track! Awesome!

...the acting could've been better, admittedly.

That's because Destruction owns Sodom, sucka. Destruction is THE greatest band to come out of Germany. Kreator is a close second but, dammit Destruction still pwns.

I can name five other german bands that are just as good or better than Destruction, not including Kreator, Sodom or Tankard.

tumblr_m5tyyiF5vN1qbcfk2.jpg

%E0%B2%A0_%E0%B2%A0.jpg?1246548281

I can name five other german bands that are just as good or better than Destruction, not including Kreator, Sodom or Tankard.

Fine then, do it. But you can't use Exumer, Helloween or Necrophagist either.

Speaking of Necrophagist, this would probably be my favorite song by them.

Fine then, do it. But you can't use Exumer, Helloween or Necrophagist either.

Too easy.

- Been around since early 90's, went big as far as the European Thrash scene went with Heresy, took a break then came back with Collision Course, took ANOTHER break and then went back to being a band again. They even have a new album out in 2012, Tales of the Weird.

Deathrow - One word.

- Did a number of great Tech Thrash releases, my favourite being their first one First Depression, then after Electric Scum fell off the face of the earth.

- Not a death/thrash fan, but their two releases A Shedding Of Skin and The Heritage are massive and rare as it is, plus its got so much power. If you want something of a slightly different quality, their other two releases are good.

Vendetta - My favourite german band, bar none. Go and Live, Stay and Die are among some of the tastiest tech I've heard with fantastic riffs. Brain Damage is a bit simpler, BUT it has some REALLY nice gems (War, title track, FADE TO INSANITY). Admittedly, their recent ones are average and make me want to cry since they're the guys that did Suicidal Lunacy AND Drugs and Corruption...

BTW, only Exumer was the only band I was willing to use. Necrophagist are time wasters for this. Helloween, on the other hand, is a good band but I never listened to them.

Edited by NeverNeverland
  • Brohoof 1

Deathrow - One word. Triocton.

My opinion hasn't changed but, I really like this song. Do you know where I could get the rest of the album so I could have it on my iPod?

Edited by Neighvana666

Two albums released, hard to track, but the songwriting is class act.

My opinion hasn't changed but, I really like this song. Do you know where I could get the rest of the album so I could have it on my iPod?

If you're willing to pay, try this link. Otherwise, torrents and blogspot are your best friend.

If you're willing to pay, try this link. Otherwise, torrents and blogspot are your best friend.

Dude, I've tried torrenting stuff like this before and there's ussually to little seeds or none at all. I remember it took me FOREVER to torrent Lightning to the Nations by Diamond Head and Morbid Tales by Celtic Frost. Guess I'm just going to have to dig arounds blogspots in foreighn languages. ._.

Edited by Neighvana666

I accidentally took a look at the first page of the thread. Not bad of an intro set up...

Dude, I've tried torrenting stuff like this before and there's ussually to little seeds or none at all. I remember it took me FOREVER to torrent Lightning to the Nations by Diamond Head and Morbid Tales by Celtic Frost. Guess I'm just going to have to dig arounds blogspots in foreighn languages. ._.

Piratebay might work as well? I don't know...

I've got a song probably none of you have ever heard before. Prozac Nation from Dokken's Hell to Pay album. It is a more contemporary sounding Metal album. The tune is rockin' and I recommend you definitely would give it a listen, along with the album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVC9bjsd6Mw

Doken? You mean that one band with that one song that goes "breakin' the chains around me" or something like that. Yea I'm not really into the whole glam thing but, that song you posted wasn't bad. It's not my type of music but overall not bad.

Guys, I'm going to listen to this album. Hopefully Youtube doesn't f*ck up on me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmr9t4z2ZgY

EDIT: Youtube just f*cked up on me. Halfway into the first song and it skips back all the way to beginning. Grrrr.... I'm just going to download it then.

Edited by Neighvana666

Has anyone here heard of the game Brutal Legends.

Fucking amazing, Jack Black voices the main character. Ozzy Osbourne is the 'metal god' you go to for upgrades and shit. The whole thing is metal themed and it has a bloody awesome soundtrack with the likes of; Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Skid Row, Dethklok, Nitro, DragonForce and heaps more.

If you haven't played it or seen it and you're a fan of metal, I suggest looking it up. It's got a pretty 'metal' story line as well.

Anyway, yeah here's one of the tracks that I spam of course. But its obviously been bought up on this thread before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgrCKhxE1s

Doken? You mean that one band with that one song that goes "breakin' the chains around me" or something like that. Yea I'm not really into the whole glam thing but, that song you posted wasn't bad. It's not my type of music but overall not bad.

Now Don himself said in interviews they never were into the whole glam scene. They never toured with bands like Poison or Motley Crue. They always toured with bands like Judas Priest, Scorpions, Metallica, etc. Why people think they were a hair band is beyong me, just because they had long hair I guess. Their later 90's and 00's albums were just Don himself writing some good ol' Rock and Metal. Personally, I feel like labeling Dokken as Glam is like labeling this as Death Metal. To me, Metal is just Metal. All these sub-genres and break-offs are just getting ridiculous with names.

Though admittedly, those vocals sadly take more talent than growl vocals. huh.png Which I can sadly sing Nitro vocals and Death Metal vocals.

Edited by Up From The Ashes

Okay, this took me some years to hear all the thousands of musics that have been posted, but I've did it finally.

Lemme search for some metal songs... Hah!

Oh, the Humanity!

Now Don himself said in interviews they never were into the whole glam scene. They never toured with bands like Poison or Motley Crue. They always toured with bands like Judas Priest, Scorpions, Metallica, etc. Why people think they were a hair band is beyong me, just because they had long hair I guess. Their later 90's and 00's albums were just Don himself writing some good ol' Rock and Metal. Personally, I feel like labeling Dokken as Glam is like labeling this as Death Metal. To me, Metal is just Metal. All these sub-genres and break-offs are just getting ridiculous with names.

I'm sorry but, I kinda like dividing it all up into different subgenres. Some bands just sound NOTHING like other bands. For example, Darkthrone sounds nothing like Electric Wizard. And labeling Dokken as death metal is beyond wrong.

Since I mentioned them, I guess I might as well post some Darkthrone and Electric Wizard.

Has anyone here heard of the game Brutal Legends.

Fucking amazing, Jack Black voices the main character. Ozzy Osbourne is the 'metal god' you go to for upgrades and shit. The whole thing is metal themed and it has a bloody awesome soundtrack with the likes of; Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Skid Row, Dethklok, Nitro, DragonForce and heaps more.

If you haven't played it or seen it and you're a fan of metal, I suggest looking it up. It's got a pretty 'metal' story line as well.

I have that game and I loved the first part of it, it was really funny, but then I got really bored of it for some reason and I never did finish the game. I really like Jack Black though, he's hilarious XD

The Jester Race is one album that I really like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTSDN1lLpQY

I think that it's an awesome album

Either that one or Colony which is great as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_gh9p-pWVI

I think the one I'm most thinking about getting is maybe Whoracle, but I'm not sure. Jester Race seems pretty good too so idk.

I think the one I'm most thinking about getting is maybe Whoracle, but I'm not sure. Jester Race seems pretty good too so idk.

Whoracle is my second favorite, behind Lunar Strain. In Flames made a really good Depeche Mode cover haha.

I don't know why but, I've been growing fond of Judas Priest lately. It's just that Rob's voice is so... epic.

In Flames made a really good Depeche Mode cover haha.

In Flames did a Depeche Mode cover, one of my favorite bands doing a cover of another song by one of my favorite bands? Damn that sounds pretty awesome. Makes me think of the Depeche Mode cover that Converge did

And while were on the topic of Converge, I might as well leave one of their harder songs here

Some outlandish black rock and roll! I'm not a huge fan of Impaled Nazarene but this EP kicks a major amount of ass. The Gang Green cover at the end is particularly good.

I listened to Skyharbor's debut today, Blinding White Noise: Illusion and Chaos. Technically, it's got it going good. Musically, it's great. Probably the best metal record I've heard come from India (then again, who actually has heard metal from India?). Rather than focusing on how br00tal they can be, they attempted to make an album that's both crushing and atmospheric. I think success. (I need to stop listening to so much modern prog).

Plus, with a guest solo of Marty Friedman from Megadeth and ex-TeseracT vocalist, it can't be THAT bad. *Cough cough Djenty*

Edited by Twiliscael

I don't think I've ever seen Dillinger Escape Plan being posted here, so I think I'll leave some of their songs, since I've recently been getting pretty big on their music.

I don't think I've ever seen Dillinger Escape Plan being posted here, so I think I'll leave some of their songs, since I've recently been getting pretty big on their music.

If One Of Us Is The Killer has songs as solid as Prancer is, it's going to be one hell of an album.

I personally loved some of the softer parts with less blasting and grinding in Miss Machine, which I know alot of their older fans hated. It's not like the entire album is softer, just a few parts which added for a nice effect.

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

I listened to Skyharbor's debut today, Blinding White Noise: Illusion and Chaos. Technically, it's got it going good. Musically, it's great. Probably the best metal record I've heard come from India (then again, who actually has heard metal from India?). Rather than focusing on how br00tal they can be, they attempted to make an album that's both crushing and atmospheric. I think success. (I need to stop listening to so much modern prog).

Plus, with a guest solo of Marty Friedman from Megadeth and ex-TeseracT vocalist, it can't be THAT bad. *Cough cough Djenty*

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with your post, but Kyoko is my favorite Madoka Magica character.  And she's my current iPod wallpaper.  

Yeah, metal tiem: 

Edited by ~Chaotic Twilight~
  • Brohoof 1