mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

So I listened to a Machine Head song for the first time today. I've heard of this band but never checked them out before. They kinda remind me of Trivium.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_U0Io4wNAE

WAIT WHOA WHOA WHOA, THEY DID A COVER OF A RUSH SONG?!?!?!?! I had no idea!!! That's...pretty awesome. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpWiQZDVFVg

gc21Knt.png

So I listened to a Machine Head song for the first time today. I've heard of this band but never checked them out before. They kinda remind me of Trivium.

WAIT WHOA WHOA WHOA, THEY DID A COVER OF A RUSH SONG?!?!?!?! I had no idea!!! That's...pretty awesome. 

Well, I should have told you earlier. And yeah, Machine Head is for some reason, really similar to Trivium. I've never really been too much of a fan of Trivium, but I've liked Machine Head as one of my first metal bands, perhaps the first groove metal band I listened to.

They do have a Metallica cover, if you'd be interested in that. Pretty plain though. In The Blackening, all their covers are pretty much carbon copies of the original, though in Drop B or C# standard (+40 cents on each) and with Robb's vocals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOo_U32qjKE

Anyway, the covers I do like are: Message in a Bottle, The Possibility of Life's Destruction, Witch Hunt, and The Sentinel.

Because it was just me and one other guy in the freezer deptartment tonight, we got to choose what music to blast over the speakers. Judas Priest and Motley Crue all night! Probably the most fun I've ever had on the job.

Eh? Nandatte?

I think you guys might wanna know about this if you're an As Blood Runs Black fan

They're trying to go the free agent route with their new album.
they have an indiegogo account setup with some pretty cool packages ranging from a copy of the album to having them come and play at your house.
heres the actual page
http://igg.me/at/asbloodrunsblack

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50MuhDKlg44

• Brohoof 1

"It's either Blue Cheese with wings or go fuck your mother!"- Joey"CoCo"Diaz

"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you f*ck with me, I'll kill you all." - Gen James 'MadDog' Mattis USMC

(edited)

Post music got me pretty addicted lately, mainly Post-Rock like GY!BE, Mogwai and Arctic Plateau, but I gave some Post-Metal bands a listen. Mostly Cult of Luna

Edited by Erio Touwa

If you follow the album-reviewing community (which I know none of you do), then you've seen this album spoken about.

I can't get into it as much as everyone else can. The metal parts are amazing, but the added instrumentation sounds really synthetic.

eVVKXXk.png

I've got a story that money just can't buy.

ALBUM OF THE WEEK: The Knife - Shaking the Habitual

I can't get into it as much as everyone else can. The metal parts are amazing, but the added instrumentation sounds really synthetic.

I love that album. It's not flawless by any means, but extremely good in my opinion. The instrumentation doesn't sound synthetic to me :/

I love that album. It's not flawless by any means, but extremely good in my opinion. The instrumentation doesn't sound synthetic to me :/

The wind instruments sound like MIDI instruments. I love the way the instumentation sounds on an album like "Time I," because it feels so real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78xKCM-bk1Q

• Brohoof 1

eVVKXXk.png

The wind instruments sound like MIDI instruments. I love the way the instumentation sounds on an album like "Time I," because it feels so real.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78xKCM-bk1Q

I just listened to that album and it was really dam good. Do you have anything else you would recommend that sounds similar?

I was listening to Cannabis Corpse's EP Blunted at Birth today.

I love the name

Well, I should have told you earlier. And yeah, Machine Head is for some reason, really similar to Trivium. I've never really been too much of a fan of Trivium, but I've liked Machine Head as one of my first metal bands, perhaps the first groove metal band I listened to.

They do have a Metallica cover, if you'd be interested in that. Pretty plain though. In The Blackening, all their covers are pretty much carbon copies of the original, though in Drop B or C# standard (+40 cents on each) and with Robb's vocals.

I went ahead and ordered the album "Unto the Locust" on Amazon, so I should be getting that sometime soon. I have heard a lot that "The Blackening" is their best album, so I will definitely get that too, but that will wait till later.

• Brohoof 1

gc21Knt.png

I went ahead and ordered the album "Unto the Locust" on Amazon, so I should be getting that sometime soon. I have heard a lot that "The Blackening" is their best album, so I will definitely get that too, but that will wait till later.

Oh, nice! Keep in mind however, that if you want that Rush cover, you'd be ordering the Deluxe Edition. I know, money and stuff.

Anyway, The Blackening is typically loved by Thrash people, and thus, not by me. I still like it, but it feels less authentic, and a million times less emotional than anything else they have produced. More of an album to hear, rather than experience if you were to ask me. Still a good album though, the first one that got me into Machine Head.

Supercharger was pretty much the opposite, in that respect. People didn`t like it, because it really does sound horrible, but honestly, I still love it for the effect it gives. Oh, and because Flynn raps in it. Terribly. Heavy feels though!

Oh, nice! Keep in mind however, that if you want that Rush cover, you'd be ordering the Deluxe Edition. I know, money and stuff.

I decided that the deluxe edition wouldn't be worth the extra money, plus I can just listen to that cover on YouTube if I wanted to.

Anyway, The Blackening is typically loved by Thrash people, and thus, not by me. 

Well I tend to like thrash metal when I hear it, so I'm sure I would like it.

gc21Knt.png

Gotta keep this thread alive... gotta keep this thread alive...

Anyway, I'm still listening to a lot of metal debut albums. Currently I'm listening to Iron Maiden by... well, Iron Maiden.

Eddie is staring into your soul...

GravityFallsWoohoo.png.8bfb708e32d561f4150e2aef97427b46.png.eb45811b969eaa40976f3651fb12cc8d.png
Sig by Sparklefan1234

Been gone for a few days. My drive for metal has been dangerously low as of late.

Always time for a little Veil of Maya though, right?

So I think this is officially one of my favorite songs on Parallax II:

I agree.

ezgif-2-b94ab321a5f6.gif.93cf1fcecd06e4273f8ea7a74cb185ff.gif 

I tend to take the high road, get stoned, and fly low . . .

Been gone for a few days. My drive for metal has been dangerously low as of late.

Always time for a little Veil of Maya though, right?

I agree.

welcome back bby

I also finally got around to looking at Burn the Priest, which is pretty much Lamb of God's self-titled album before they changed names to... Lamb of God.

Love how incomprehensible Randy Blythe was at that time. Charmingly incomprehensible, that is.

• Brohoof 1

@,

It's hard to find anything that sounds like Wintersun, so the closest you're going to get is probably Ensiferum. Of course I'm just saying that because Jari did the vocals on the early albums. I haven't heard anything that's even close to Wintersun.

Time got delayed so much, but I still wasn't disappointed with it. I just hope Time II doesn't take nearly as long as the first one took to make.

VHerT66.png

I just listened to that album and it was really dam good. Do you have anything else you would recommend that sounds similar?

I don't listen to too much symphonic metal. The closest I come to that other than Wintersun is Ne Obliviscaris, which is a somewhat far cry from Wintersun, and much more like Opeth (@ and @@Moog, I know you both like Opeth, so if you haven't heard this, get on it). The only similarities between this and "Time I" are the epic feeling you get and the symphonic elements (which there's less of in "Portal of I," but the violin is beautiful all the same).

• Brohoof 1

eVVKXXk.png

I don't listen to too much symphonic metal. The closest I come to that other than Wintersun is Ne Obliviscaris, which is a somewhat far cry from Wintersun, and much more like Opeth (@ and @@Moog, I know you both like Opeth, so if you haven't heard this, get on it). The only similarities between this and "Time I" are the epic feeling you get and the symphonic elements (which there's less of in "Portal of I," but the violin is beautiful all the same).

I've listened to Ne Obliviscaris a bit, they're not a personal favorite as of now, though I've only listened to one or two of their songs, so I'll probably check out more of them and then give out a final opinion on them.

V9tqq9y.png