Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Metal Thread

Crispy

Why is it always Fluttershy and metal? You'd think RD or AJ would be able to stomach the genre instead...

Because she's such a loudmouth. And Rainbow Dash always makes me think of raves.

Anywho, I'm counting this.

• Brohoof 1

You gotta love the Waste! Fantastic Crossover Thrash.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krs6z8jU25Y

Best two song combo ever. Also, I wanna parody this and call it Hooves of Chaos...

You gotta love these guys too. Their newest album is up for free download, but compared to their last two releases, it's a bit disappointing.

How did this get to page 9 without me finding it?

Anyway, needs more sikTh

And Never, what was wrong with black clouds and silver linings? I loved it. Although I think either systemic chaos or train of thought would have to be my favorite DT album.

And how do you feel about super long and progressive concept albums? Because there is a severe lack of ayreon in this thread.

And Never, what was wrong with black clouds and silver linings? I loved it. Although I think either systemic chaos or train of thought would have to be my favorite DT album.

And how do you feel about super long and progressive concept albums? Because there is a severe lack of ayreon in this thread.

Black Clouds is a good album. I meant A Dramatic Turn Of Events. While it has Mike Mangini, one of the most kickass drummers on the planet, on the album, it just doesn't feel like DT to me. Also, ToT is a great album; In The Name Of God being my third favorite song from DT.

And I don't mind super long prog albums, but most of the time I'm listening to 4-5 min fast thrash songs, so my patience is limited sometimes.

Black Clouds is a good album. I meant A Dramatic Turn Of Events. While it has Mike Mangini, one of the most kickass drummers on the planet, on the album, it just doesn't feel like DT to me. Also, ToT is a great album; In The Name Of God being my third favorite song from DT.

And I don't mind super long prog albums, but most of the time I'm listening to 4-5 min fast thrash songs, so my patience is limited sometimes.

Ah, silly me. I heard they were releasing a new album, but for some reason I didn't think it would be until early 2012. I'll give it a listen, see how the new drummer is working out.

Anyway, anybody who hasn't listened to Ayreon, go listen to Into the Electric Castle. It's really long, but it's awesome. All of Ayreon's albums fit into this huge sci-fi narrative, mostly about an alien race which created humans and how they observe their creations and subtly influencen certain minds to try to prolong the existence of humans. All of the music and vocals are written by one guy, which is one of the most amazing things about it, because holy shit this music sounds godly.

Also, about half of the videos don't come up for me (on an iPod) so I don't know all that's been posted. Anyway, needs more kamelot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMIsNtXt6hc

• Brohoof 2

Ah, silly me. I heard they were releasing a new album, but for some reason I didn't think it would be until early 2012. I'll give it a listen, see how the new drummer is working out.

He's amazing, and he's received awesome (and well deserved) praise from the fans. Fantastic live.

Also, how the fuck could I forget Kamelot?!