Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you be happy if Equestria was Heaven?

Dorian Gray

Now, hang on. You've all failed to ask one VERY important question...

What happens when you die in Equestria?

How would you die in Equestria if it's heaven?

No, eternal happiness would suck too much ass, I get bored easily.

Edited by Stoner Spike

If Equestria was heaven, I would go to Cloudsdale, meet Rainbow Dash, go to the library, meet Twilight, get a new outfit at Rarity's place, help Fluttershy gather the bunnies for the Bunny Cencus, eat apples at Sweet Apple Acres, and throw a party with Pinkie Pie. Then, my life would be complete.

Only if I died and became a filly Pegasis.

Hmm. In LDS Theology there are three kingdoms of heaven, Celestial, Terrestrial, and Telestial.

The whole idea, is what makes heaven, heaven, and hell, hell, is the people there. You live with people like yourself, so if you're amazingly gracious and kind, then you're with people like that and heaven is amazing.

People who can't control things like anger, for example, won't have it. So life is duller, missing part of it's beautiful palatte of emotions, but you don't have people with anger issues. If you can't handle it, you can't have it.

So in the highest, people have the richest, most wonderful lives, and live with the most noble people around them, and they have the most power and all the emotions, intellect, and maybe even more than we have on Earth. What I mean by power: technology allows us to do things like, today, I traveled hundreds of miles in air conditioned comfort, at 700 miles/hour at 30,000 feet. Go past the technological singularity, and technology becomes magic. I remember a nicely done estimate showed that 500 years, everything seems like magic (like microwave ovens or TV would seem like magic back in 1800). Take a God who knows the universe inside and out, and you get the idea of what I mean. The people who are responsible enough to have this power, have a lot of it. One of those "powers" is something we have on Earth, having children. And what happens when you have children for eternity? Same thing that God does with mankind. A lot of children. Enough grandchildren to fill a planet. Well, trillions, actually, judging by hubble images... He's not called "Heavenly Father" for nothing. I can't tell you how he did this, anymore than a caveman could tell you how I traveled 300+ miles through the sky in cool ~70*F air today.

But the Telestial would be more like Utopia, everyday human lives. They don't have the self control and discipline to control things like the people the Celestial, so they don't have them, but they do live nice, laid-back paradise-like lives. But they can't have children. But, these are the kinds of people who either wouldn't do a good job with them, or wouldn't want the responsibility anyways.

Wow... I'm really bad about digression... All this is to say, to me, Equestria comes off as something like the Telestial kingdom of heaven. Much better than anything on Earth, but not anywhere near the meaningfulness of having an eternal family. So it can't be as good as a heaven where you're essentially a god, but it doesn't have the heartache or responsibility of it, either (if you take Christianity as correct, you'll see a lot of sorrow on God's end, what people cut themselves out of), and honestly it's still a massive improvement over life on Earth, here and now. :P

I'd probably go jump in the sea with weights tied to myself :D It'd be pretty awesome as long as my friends went to the same equestria dimension as me :3

That's an awful way to die! :o

I'd prefer something quicker. And preferrably epic. Like, I'm defending a city from enemy bombers, I shoot down a few, run out of missiles, switch to guns, but I run out of gun ammo with one enemy bomber still left, and I'm the last allied interceptor in the sky... To save the city... I crash into the bomber and die in an explosion!

Epic, quick, painless, national hero, and a big explosion! What more could you ask for!?

But that would also involve joining the air force and a world war... :huh: lol.

That would be awesome, but only if I was a pony. I wouldn't want to live there forever though, only as a mortal. Also, I wouldn't want to remember this life, because I would want everything I'd experience to be new to me. Realizing that it was a TV show would ruin it. But if it followed that way, It would be awesome. Death doesnt seem so bad anymore if thats true.

I don't think knowing it's a TV show would ruin it... You'd be in it, so it would be just as real as this reality. And I wouldn't want to go into it as a dumb (literally, knowing nothing) newborn filly foal, I'd want to go with everything I know! Then I could nerd it out with Twilight with calculus and we could invent cool stuff together like the anamometer she had in this latest episode :D

I laughed at this a bit more than I perhaps should have. Anyway, I don't personally believe in afterlives, but if they did actually exist...Equestria seems like a perfect choice for heaven to me. It's got just enough of the qualities of a utopia while still possessing some of the charm of reality, with conflicts and other things that would keep you from getting bored.

Hah, this has led me to start a thread in Everfree about consciousness...

Uhm. Later. When I'm awake enough to think straight. Bus for 3 hours, airports for 4 hours, plane for hour and a half, not feeling up to a deep philosophical thread. Though I'll be super busy so I hope I can post it soon...

I would probably get bored after a while... if it was... you are likely to live the life of a background pony, you probably would have a happy lucky live with nothing special in it, not that its bad...but boring.

Nothing special in the life of a background pony?

Maybe for other shows, but not for MLP:FiM!

Posted Image

There's a whole universe back there! With plot!

• Brohoof 1

I'm admittedly unsure of what I think of the idea of Heaven. BUT, if I were to go to such a place and it was Equestria then...yeah, I'd totally be cool with that. I don't know where I'd want to go. It's sort of a toss up between Ponyville and Cloudsdale. I guess the most ideal situation would be being able to freely travel between those two places.

No I would not be happy, seeing as I'm aethiest, which means I couldn't get into heaven. :(

Time to convert to Christianity...

I don't know about being a pony in the afterlife. I'd kind of like to have thumbs, you know? That being said, I guess if it WERE the afterlife, I'd want to be a unicorn so I could at least use telekinesis to get things done.

My ideal heaven would be waking up from a blackness, and looking up to see the mane six crowd around me, worried and concerned looks on their faces. I'd be in the middle of Ponyville, and I would be a pony myself!

Aaah, one can dream :wub:

• Brohoof 2

I would be happier than a clam if I found out that heaven was Equestria. I mean, in my days, I have never found anything that didn't tick me off at some point... EXCEPT PONIES. Come to think of it... That means I'll always be happy in heaven!

That would be awesome, but only if I was a pony. I wouldn't want to live there forever though, only as a mortal. Also, I wouldn't want to remember this life, because I would want everything I'd experience to be new to me. Realizing that it was a TV show would ruin it. But if it followed that way, It would be awesome. Death doesnt seem so bad anymore if thats true.

agree, but i for one would live there FOREVER :blink:.

i mean it is hevean and all. and as for those who say it isnt perfect, well, it sure is better than what we have. :P

• Brohoof 1

Well, it would be better then the Christian idea of heaven. =P

My ideal afterlife would actually be reincarnation (as human, too live another life), so it wouldn't be that far off from that, I suppose.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1