Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Video games you hate

Lightning-flickr

I think the same can be said for loads of games *cough*COD*cough*, not just FIFA. + there's more than just UT

For me after mw2 all went to shit copy paste piece of shit a non redeeming game that have racist pigs or pussies that hide in a corner

(edited)

CoD, Battlefield, any others in this genre... They're all the same now, though I've never been a big fan to begin with. They at least used to be more than "go kill terrorists".

Assassin's Creed... The first one was cool, and since it's just been the exact same thing. Got my hopes up for 3 since I love the time period, and it was no where close to what I hoped for. Felt just like the others but with cool ship missions and awesome hats.

Sports games... I just don't like sports, plain and simple. Last time I had fun with a sports game was NFL Blitz on the N64.

Metroid: Other M... Need I say more?

SimCity 2013, SWTOR, Sims 4... Just good 'ol EA ruining some more franchises, ones that would have been great if they kept their nose out of the developing companies business.

Twisted Metal 2012... Complete letdown after the masterpiece that was Black. A lot of the core components of TM was missing, and the whole game was focused on Sweet Tooth. Not to mention horrible mechanics being used in the single player story mode on certain levels.

And I'm just going to say here, single player games that decide to cut out a lot of the single player stuff in favor of poorly executed multiplayer stuff. I prefer single player games, if they have multiplayer that's a bonus, the game should not focus on it (unless it's something like TF2 that's solely meant to be). Don't cut back single player content in order to get the game out the door, finish it and add to the multiplayer aspect in a free DLC (or delay it). I feel like still today, Halo is the best example of a single player with multiplayer done right.

I'll guarantee there is more since I've been gaming since the early 90's, I've just forgotten them and it's too hot to think too hard right now.

Edited by The Mane-iac

Mother. Fucking. Bad Rats.

Oh my god.

Also, Pokemon Conquest. I'm sorry, but I HATED that game. It's boring. It's stupid. Make it go away.

also final fantasy games are terrible. and call of duty games.

The only games I hate are either bad or just downright terrible, such as Aliens: Coloinal Marines and Duke Nukem: Forever.  I luckily do not have the chance to catch up on playing other truly bad games.

As much as I have lost any care I once held for Call of Duty and the fact that it's pratically the same rehashed game every year, I don't hate the series.  There's fun to be held in the series, it's just not my cup of tea anymore.  Maybe if the developers are given the development time to do more with their own installements, then maybe I like it once again.  But Activision is too damn greedy and lack the vision to do anything remarkable anymore.  I really hope they didn't force Bungie release Destiny too early and didn't give them the resources to match their ambition.  But Activision's track record is appalling.  If anything, I hate the company that forces their developers to rush games and demand them to make the same game year to year.

Honestly? none that i've played.

Now bear in mind I've played sonic 06, I think it's safe to say that  I don't hate games I play.

I do have mw3, so I guess you could say that. I think enough people have hated on COD though.

Here's my list

All Call of Duty games besides the ones in World War II and Black Ops 1

Call Of Duty Black Ops 2

Call Of Duty Ghosts

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Sniper Elite Nazi Zombie Army

Halo Combat Evolved

Call of Duty Black Ops 2

Every single Battle Feild game

I FUCKING HATE COD BLACK OPS 2!!!!!

(edited)

I'ma take this opportunity to talk about Zelda II.  It's pretty cliche to hate Zelda II, and maybe I don't exactly hate it, but I certainly don't think it's good, and I want to address that a lot of people who do like Zelda II seem insistent on justifying people disliking it because it was 'too hard for them'.  Case in point:

post-2067-0-50112100-1405568656.png

Well golly jee willikers mister, those must be some swell psychic powers you have since you so obviously know my experience with the game better than I do.  'Cause last I checked, I don't like Zelda II for reasons irrelevant to its difficulty; namely that the game is a relentlessly boring grindfest that you need to dedicate approximately 8 eons to if you want to get anywhere.

Extra irony for the fact that the difficulty in fighting monsters is one of the few things the game does well.  Fighting monsters in the game is good fun for a while...but for nowhere near as long as you have to spend fighting them.

Plus mistranslated NPCs (such as the kid who tells you to go in the exact wrong direction) and, as is commonplace for adventure games of the age, mandatory tasks/secrets with no in-game indications or hints that you would absolutely never figure out without outside help; which bares the stench of the game being designed that way specifically to sell Nintendo Power.

EDIT: Just a little side-note, I just recently beat Majora's Mask for the first time (honestly I didn't like it much either but meh) and now Zelda II is the only game of the franchise I've never finished (I may or may not be changing that in the near future).

Edited by ErBoi

(edited)

This game really pissed me off.

f3_17001_0_AliensvsPredatorExtinction.jp

I don't know if I was too dumb to play it, or the controls were screwy, but I hated it because it made no sense. Your characters didn't move and then died because they didn't move :okiedokielokie:

Edited by Lightning-flickr
  • Brohoof 1

Mario Kart 64

• The game has rather sloppy controls because they make you slide out all the time.
  • The Rainbow Road is incredibly boring (sure, the scenery and music are great, but the rest of it just plain sucks).
  • The graphics are not particularly great looking since they use a lot of 2D sprites that are very poorly animated.
  • The Rubberbanding A.I. is far and away the worst in the series. On the later difficulties, they just speed up on you and get ahead of you without using any items because the programmers apparently couldn't make the A.I. drive well. What makes that worse is that they will do it ALL THE TIME (at least on 150cc).
  • There are no worthwhile unlockables at all. At least N64 racing games like Diddy Kong Racing or F-Zero X have things like unlockable characters, but this one doesn't give you any kind of incentive to actually play what is really a worthless single player mode.
  • Even the main attraction, multiplayer, wasn't all that great. The options to choose from and tweak, ranging from the levels to customization, essentially have the depth of a jacuzzi. I would play it for about 30 minutes and then I'm done with it.

What really makes me more annoyed at this game is that so many of the people who heap this up as being one of the best games ever for the N64 bash the later titles in the series for the exact same problems that which this game suffers from to an EVEN GREATER DEGREE.

The WarZ (Infestation: Survivor Stories) - blatant ripoff.

I hate just about every Sonic game. I admit I'm a bit of a Nintendo fanboy, but I hate Sonic games. They just go way too fast.

tumblr_inline_mrsqtz11lE1qz4rgp.gif

Heresy! Heresy, I say! (Not everyone is born with cat-like reflexes, I guess. Although memorization can help)

I've played a considerable amount of games within my life. There might have been a worse game but at the moment it's Brink.  the story is forgettable, the character development is poor, the graphics seem off and the weapons do not feel like weapons. The free-running is all but useless, essentially allowing you to jump to a slightly higher point than anyone else The sound from what I remember, especially in the voices, was tinny (though could be my TV). But the one that sends this game into my personal gaming hell is the dreadful, headache-inducing, ridiculous and dumb friendly AI. The worst AI I have seen in a game. It's always me that takes the important objective, while the rest are... I don't know! I hardly ever see them covering me. So yeah,one of the worst games I've played.  

I hate most FPS games and Fighting games. The gameplay is bad and there's barely any story to them. I much prefer the (J)RPG genre because of the storyline and easy to follow gameplay.

I hate most FPS games and Fighting games. The gameplay is bad and there's barely any story to them. I much prefer the (J)RPG genre because of the storyline and easy to follow gameplay.

Except JRPG's require a considerable amount of patience... which, fortunately, I have.