Which Laptop should I choose?

otaku4242

(edited)

You want the one with the biggest GPU. So, the better choice is the second one.

I really don't know why the first one is more expensive.

EDIT : The second one is refurbished. That is why it's cheaper.

Edited by boiteporte

HINT: NEVER EVER TRUST DELL

Give me a few to find you a Laptop..........but first, I want to ask you, what will you be using it for?

• Brohoof 1

Hey, what's wrong with Dell :(

Had a Dell once..........not worth fixing, tbh.   I was actually gonna recommend an ASUS, which im using and those last for sometime, even though their somewhat low end. 

Had a Dell once..........not worth fixing, tbh.   I was actually gonna recommend an ASUS, which im using and those last for sometime, even though their somewhat low end. 

I see. ASUS is good, but I noticed that everything they make has to be more expensive than their competitors :lol: 

I see. ASUS is good, but I noticed that everything they make has to be more expensive than their competitors :lol:

True.........yet, @@otaku4242, what's you budget?  

The problem with Dell is they make their laptops only compatible with anything they approve of.

Good luck finding a generic brand charging cable (Like Targus) that will charge a Dell.

• Brohoof 1

eeyore_by_joshuawickett-d7otl2o.gif

@Thunder-Wing

I will be using it for college, but I am only going for 2 years, so I want it to be able to run skyrim as well as my emulators (specifically gamecube's DOLPHIN emulator)

I see..........then I'm not too sure, b/c it seems you want a powerful laptop.    If it were for non-game use, I would say look up ASUS 15.6 Intel Pentium or Intel Core that ranges from $350 - $450.

@Thunder-WingI will be using it for college, but I am only going for 2 years, so I want it to be able to run skyrim as well as my emulators (specifically gamecube's DOLPHIN emulator)

Then you'll want a very powerful cpu with any laptop you're getting as emulators are very taxing in them, even more so than modern games.

I recommend looking at a powerful intel quad cpu.

Dell is Texan, that's your problem.

You can't get a quad in a laptop unless you're willing to shell out 1.5k+ (ultra high-end gaming/rendering machines), so I'd say get the HP since it has a better CPU/GPU/Isn't texan.

can you find it on wal-mart please?

Why? You're greatly stifling your choices if you insist on going with a retailer that doesn't carry many computers, and what few it does carry are at an immense markup.

• Brohoof 1

Srry Otaku4242, but I just can't see you able to play the wanted emulators on the laptops you're looking for. You'll either need to sacrifice your emulators, look to pay more money, or look for a desktop from what I see.

(edited)

(specifically gamecube's DOLPHIN emulator)

Prepare to be disappointed.

Mobile AMD APUs are the exact opposite of what you want if you want to play Dolphin.

Ideally, you would want a laptop with an i7 4700 MQ, but that's approaching the pricier range.

The price on this is a little high, but this laptop is by all means the best bang for your buck: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834313742

If you're limited to the two choices, I would go for the second one.

The GPU on the thing, the Radeon HD 8550G, will run Skyrim on minimum settings in 720p at around 40 frames per second.

Edited by Teller

You are just confusing him. He gave the choice between two of them. So, let us just stick to the choices he gives, right ?

Just go for the second one.

well im open to other choices as well.

i just want to go with WAL-MART or BEST BUY

those two choices, i'm not going to trust a third party website to send me a laptop!

i just dont want it to be over $1000

AND BY THE WAY

my friend has a cheap laptop that plays emulators and skyrim just fine

so yeah!

ALL HAIL THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE

trixie_zpsd37014b9.png

My Deviantart | My G-Mail