Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Sonic and Dash (Action/Adventure)

Shadowking58

"Well if you want to know where it is just follow me above there trees" she wanted to make the race as fair as possible for Sonic. Sitting on top of a tree, the blue hedgehog joined her, "There's Ponyville" she gestured with a hoof to the small town in the distance, "and that big round building on the middle there is town hall" 

(edited)

@@DoubleRainbow_Dash

Sonic glanced in the direction of her hoof. "Oh come on, it's that close to here?" He was getting a little bit cocky again. But then Sonic thought to himself 'I can jog around the world 6 times in about an hour. I'm not worried.' He nudged Rainbow Dash. "Okay, yes, I do see Ponyville Town Hall Now."

"You ready to see why I'm the world's fastest hedgehog?" He asked her, nudging her side again.

Edited by Shadowking58

"Are you ready to see why I'm the fastest thing in Equestria?" Dash countered, unfazed by the hedgehogs boasting. She unfurled her wings, showing them off and arching them back into a quick takeoff position, "Ready when you are." She turned her eyes to Ponyville

"Are you ready to see why I'm the fastest thing in Equestria?" Dash countered, unfazed by the hedgehogs boasting. She unfurled her wings, showing them off and arching them back into a quick takeoff position, "Ready when you are." She turned her eyes to Ponyville

"Ohhhhhh, I'm always ready!" Sonic retorted snidefully. "I mean, your claiming to be the faster flier in all of... er... whatever you called this place, and I'm the World's Fastest Hedgehog, and I sure as hell ain't lying." He said as he got into a race ready position, putting his hands on the ground and arching his back into the air. 

"On the count of 3." He simply said.

"Two......one" Dash completed the countdown. Without looking back she puched off with her hind legs, flapping her wings she continues picking up speed, the grassy fields around Ponyville spread under her. A small white cone began to form in front of her, "Haha, he'll never catch me now" she looked behind her

(edited)

Sonic didn't even move. He just whistled for a few seconds, like he didn't have a care in the world, then, he quickly boosted and instantly caught up to Rainbow Dash like that, not before turning around and running in reverse next to her, with his hands behind his head. "Nice day we're having, huh?" He remarked like he was just seeing an old friend.

post-27192-0-80551800-1406938415_thumb.png

Edited by Shadowking58

The pegasus' mouth went slack, "No way" her voice was lost in the wind. Looking to the rapidly approaching town she angled her wings to get the least wind resistance, puching her wings like she never had before, they felt like they were on the verge of breaking. "I. Can. Not. Lose" which one last flap of her wings the white cone in front of her broke and she rocketed toward the town at a dangerous speed. "AAAAA!!!" She pulled up to avoid hitting the town

(edited)

"W-w-w-whoa!?" Sonic almost lost his balance. "i-Is that!? Is that a rainbow!?" He asked, a little bit startled but he quickly regained himself because he knew he had a race to win. He quietly spoke under his breath. "You put up a good fight, Rainbow Dash, but it's time for me to win this!" Sonic instantaneously preformed his Sonic Boom, instantly doubling his speed, but he went even beyond that, breaking the speed of light, and whoosing past Rainbow Dash, not even her Sonic Rainboom was a match for him, when Sonic was running at the Speed of Light and beyond. "WOOOOHOOO!!!" He shouted "THIS FEELS GREAT!" Even though he was going this fast, he was used to maneuvering himself in the right direction, and made his way towards the finish line.

Edited by Shadowking58

Rising high above Ponyville Rainbow Dash looked down upon the town. She looked all around for Sonic, "Horse Feathers, I lost him" he cursed, going at the speed she was she desired to forefit the race because there was no way she would risk the lives of others to win. She descended at a safe speed toward the center of town.

(edited)

Sonic had ran inside the Ponyville Town Hall where Rainbow Dash had told him the finish line was, but, he didn't take into calculation actually stopping, all he was focused on was winning back then.

The Mayor Mare looked upon him with, at first, mystery, but then concern, and Sonic wasn't able to slow down from the speed he was running, and he crashed into her, causing the interior of the town hall to be completely destroyed, the damage being loud enough to hear from a good distance, and as he regained consciousness, him and the Mayor Mare we're clawing their way out of all the debris.

He looked at the Mayor.

Edited by Shadowking58

"What in Celestia's name have you done?" The Mayor yelled at him, climbing out of the rubble. "Do you have any idea what you've done?!" She looked around at the big room that now was now absolutely wrecked, several support beams where broken and there was a hole in the wall. "We only just fixed this!" The mayor was still ranting

"What in Celestia's name have you done?" The Mayor yelled at him, climbing out of the rubble. "Do you have any idea what you've done?!" She looked around at the big room that now was now absolutely wrecked, several support beams where broken and there was a hole in the wall. "We only just fixed this!" The mayor was still ranting

"I-I... er... I'm sorry! I really didn't mean too! I w-was just having a little race with Rainbow Dash and-" Sonic tried to explain before he was interrupted by the mayor. She was glaring at him the entire time, though. He had realized the mistake he made mentioning Rainbow Dash.

"Rainbow Dash hmm?" She raised an eyebrow. "I sould have suspected that she was behind all this, well I wonder if the Wonderbolts accept ponies who destroy property." She paced around the town hall, " I have no idea who you or what you are but I hope you enjoy paying off every last penny of the damage you caused"

(edited)

Sonic rubbed the back of his splines embarrasingly... "U-uh... will rings be enough to cover it all?" He said sheepishly. All he had was rings on him, after all, that was his world's currency.

He further watched as he saw Rainbow Dash enter from the west wing of the town hall, she probably heard the crash.

'But, Mayor." Sonic said. "I beat Rainbow Dash in the race! On foot!"

Edited by Shadowking58

"Do I have a damn about a foolish race?" She turned to him, "and what the hell are rings? You mean bits because your going to need a lot of those to pay this off." She trotted over to Rainbow Dash, "And you" she got up in the mare's face. Dash cowered in front if the mayor, her ears folded back against her head, "What do you think was going to happen when you raced here? You can kiss the Wonderbolts goodbye because this is going to be on your record for the rest of your life!"

(edited)

Sonic slowly trotted over to Rainbow Dash.

"I-I'm sorry, Rainbow Dash... I-If I hadn't ran so f-fast..." He said simply. He had no idea who these Wonderbolts were, or what they were, but he assumed they were ponies just like Rainbow Dash.

However, Sonic just had that feeling like whoever these Wonderbolts were, they must be very important to Rainbow Dash, so he didn't say a word because he just knew that she needed comforting right now.

Edited by Shadowking58

"I hope your pleased with yourself," the mayor turned away and walked to address her assistant that was standing shocked during the whole ordeal.

"It's alright....." Dash stared at the ground and poked the ground with a hoof. "I guess I can just get a lower level weather factory job instead" despite her usual emotional privateness she began to let tears fall from her eyes

(edited)

Sonic's heart leapt in his chest. He knew this was wrong, but what could he do? Nobody in Ponyville except Rainbow knew him.
It was strange, just then he felt like he had some sort of connection to somebody he barely knew. But just then, I guess it was just instinct when Sonic hugged Rainbow Dash, not really caring if his body or coat would become covered in her tears.

Edited by Shadowking58

Dash jumped back at this but she still let him hug her. "I....suppose my dream is....crushed" she couldn't believe it, who knew such a pointless race could destroy everything she worked for, tears began to flow out of her eyes at a rapid rate. She wanted to contain them but it wouldn't stop

(edited)

"Now now, Rainbow Dash..." He started to say, but stopped. [if I was to agree with her that the race was pointless, that would probably make her feel worse.] He thought.

He simply had no idea how to comfort the rainbow haired pegasus, but, when he felt his heart jump out of his chest again, he realized what he felt and what he had to do.

But, was now really the right time? [it's worth a shot...] He thought, before pecking Rainbow Dash right on her lips.

Edited by Shadowking58

Dash's eyes widened at this, "What was that?!" Mage recoiled. She wasn't much into romance and this gesture wasn't too welcome, all the same her face turned a bright red. Glancing around she saw all the ponies that had gathered around town hall, "Uhh, I have to go" she said hurriedly, galloping out and taking to the sky

(edited)

Sonic reached out as he watched Dash slowly fly away. "Dash..." He said. "I-It was just to... cheer you up..." He slowly walked out of town hall and all the debris, and he spotted a pony with a particularly strange hairstyle, The purple hair of this pony wasn't exactly covering the horn on her head, and he heard her talking about something about Rainbow Dash. [Could that pony also know Rainbow Dash?] He thought to himself.

Edited by Shadowking58

The unicorn noticed his approach, "May I help you?" She asked, turning away from the orange pony next to her. A large section of balcony tumbled to the floor and she caught it with her magic aura and let it down easily. "I'm a bit busy at the moment" she turned back to the pony at her side.

"Um... excuse me?" He approached the purple pony. "Do you happen to know, uh... R-r-r-r-rainbow... er.... dash...?" He asked, remembering what happened to her just moments ago was really tugging at him, he felt this connection with Rainbow at a friendship level, but he wasn't going to tell anyone else what had happened and/or what he did to Rainbow as a friendly gesture,
"Maybe it was way too early and I should have saved it for another time?" He thought

"I do know Rainbow Dash" she turned back to him. "I also know that for some reason that this mess is her fault, do you know what that means for her?" She gave Sonic a look of desperation, not waiting for an answer she went on, "The one think she wanted to do in her life is now going to be out of reach, I'm trying to get the mayor to drop the charges but she isn't having it"