Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Looking for a monitor that is: 1080p, 120Hz or higher, 24-inch [Monitor bought]

Luna the Great of all the Russias

4 users have voted

1. 1. Which monitor to consider buying?

• BenQ XL2420Z
    • BenQ XL2411Z
    • ASUS VG248QE
    • The three monitors mentioned above perform more or less the same
    • Consider other monitors

(edited)

I have chosen and received ASUS VG248QE

One of my monitors (L204WT-SF) has been having a flickering problem so I've been thinking that I may as well buy a new one at about this time.

As the title states, I'm looking for a 1080p, 120Hz or higher (preferably 120Hz if it means saving money), 24-inch monitor. I'm not sure if I'll have too much care for a monitor that has extra features like having USB ports, audio jacks or a highly adjustable stand since I do plan on eventually buying either a double or triple monitor stand sometime in the future.

Monitors I have noted so far are BenQ XL2420Z, BenQ XL2411Z, and ASUS VG248QE.

BenQ XL2420Z is the most expensive option and has the extra features mentioned above but I would prefer leaving those out if it means I'll save money. I'm not sure if the display itself is notably better than the other options below.

BenQ XL2411Z is a significantly cheaper option than above, seemingly having the same specs as above but with less extras put onto the monitor, but I'm not fond of the bit of the monitor that is sticking out on the bottom right.

ASUS VG248QE I'm thinking may be the monitor I would most likely end up getting of the three since it seems to have just the things I'm wanting, though I'm not completely sure if I correctly understood what each monitor had to offer.

Whatever choice I go with will be an upgrade to my current monitor. My options range from about $250 to $400 and as long as the monitor has the three specifications mention before, I would prefer to spend less money if it means having less extras. What do you people think? If you have suggestions for monitors I may be interested in buying or opinion about my possible choices, I would appreciate it.

Edited by Krovavaya Luna

When an ASUS is in the equation, I always go with the ASUS. Some tech junkies might disagree, but dollar for dollar, the ASUS always out performs.

I agree, my mom and I previously had Asus laptops and they performed great. Of course this isn't a laptop just a monitor, but regardless I think Asus would be a good one to go with anyways. :)

I personally prefer Samsung or Dell monitors, but the Asus ones I've encountered were pretty nice. Admittedly that's only about 2 or so, but they're in my top 5 I'd say mostly because I've had good luck with their other products as well.

As far as 120Hz monitors in your price range, ASUS and BenQ are probably the only games in town. That being said, I've also heard a lot of great things about the VG248QE and it's a good price to boot. NVIDIA even sells a DIY kit to enable G-SYNC on this particular monitor if you're interested in it. The kit cost would get you most of the way to another one of these monitors, though. :)

The ASUS is, objectively speaking, the best monitor out of the three you're proposing. In fact, it is one of the best 3D monitors out there. It can go up to 144 Hz, uses the lighting technology to prevent darkening of screen when using stereoscopic 3D and finally has the lowest response time out of all of the monitors (2 ms).

I have the Asus monitor you're interested in and I couldn't be anymore happier with it. Get it as you'll be very much happy with that purchase like and me and so many others have.

Edit*

Excellent choice :D

Edited by Nuke87654