Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tao

So we all have seen Disney movies, you can't say you have not.  Some souls are more Disney nerds,  others kinda just watch for fun.  Yet we all might note that "oddness" Disney movie moment and kinda try to figure out:  How or Why!  So lets talk about it!

I rewatched The Little Mermaid before going to see or watching the new one!   Yet remember when Arial was on the ship and seen Eric for the first time?  How much Freaking upper body strength does that girl have to power-lift her whole body up?  How much does a mermaid even weigh out of the water?  

• Brohoof 1

Racism, but that is just nature. It is like saying that lions are racist against hyenas, and so fort.
Regardless, the old animations were a lot more self-aware and crude. But also accurate when it comes to describe the nature of this animal world.
And that is "changed", now? But I don't think it is possible to change our animal nature, because you will cause suffering and alienation that way.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well, in The Rescuers, the Devil’s Eye diamond is in a cave in a swamp, and the tide comes in regularly to make it inaccessible even though there isn’t any tide in a swamp. But the writers did know this at the time so it wasn’t just a mistake. It was there to create tension, which it did successfully, and they just went for it because it made for a good story. I don’t know if this qualifies as ‘odd’ but I’d have to use up my last brain cell to go deeper and right now I’m too tired.

(edited)

I think the last entertaining thing Disney made you have to pay for to watch legally was Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers film. Otherwise the only entertainment value Disney has produced can be watched for free :oh_golly:

Spoiler

I JUST FOUND OUT FLOUNDER WAS VOICED BY BEST DIVINE DRAGON PONEH IN THAT FILM :kirin:

Edited by Steve Piranha