Is a live action MLP(G4) movie plausible?

TheMarkz0ne

It is possible, but it's not a realistic idea. Yes, there are live-action movies that we're a hit, but considering that the ponies would all have to be done in CGI (which would actually be a bit creepy), it wouldn't be right.

Maybe if you did a live-action in the sort of "Who Framed Roger Rabbit" style, where the ponies were still animated and everything else was live-action. I don't think it would turn out well regardless.

Who Framed Roger Rabbit is one of the exceptions and a good one, so is the Incredible Mr. Limpet and Pete's Dragon. Those were done by Disney though. Hasbro's live action/CGI...well they kinda suck.

I would love to see them make it just so I can see the reaction from the bronies. 

If there's a kickstarter or donation for this towards Hasbro, I would put 5 cents into it. Finally something worthwhile to give Hasbro money for.

Edited by cider float

sig-33597.sig-33597.o1kum.gif

Bad idea, most adaptations of cartoon to live action suck, and it's not about how the CGI clash with people, it's because of the plot and the human characters are bad

img-32537-1-post-15132-0-63886300-146778

Sig by Discords

Live action movies that are made about cartoons, animes or even comics are either a bust or actually worth watching.

Maybe some people might enjoy a live action movie about MLP G4, but I am a part of the others who think that idea won't present well.

img-29781-1-img-29781-1-img-29781-1-img-
Credit for signature goes to Eazyfries

It just seems like it wouldn't fit, least with G4. It shouldn't need CGI to make it good. It's fine the way it is. Also, the CG models probably wouldn't look that good.

I highly doubt of it being made since the CG would be more expensive, so it would be a big risk to make it. 

I doubt it. It just doesn't seen fit for that kind of medium, other animated franchises do work better for real-life adaptations, but others try it yet fail awfully at doing so, like the huge myriad of movies which have classic animated characters (Garfield, Yogi, Alvin and the Chipmunks) in crappy sci-fi esque CGI form interact with real-life actors, albeit, on an ironic twist, they're only successful enough to spawn sequels if only because of the huge amounts of people who watch them just to get some nostalgic kicks.

My Dragon Cave scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Dino-Mario

No, because then ponies and humans would mix and I don't want that. EQG is the most human they ever need to get, and the live action EQG horrors are so incredibly cringy I don't need any more of that.

In all truth, it makes virtually zero sense to do MLP in live action, unless the filmmakers wanted to ride the wave of live-action/CGI cartoon adaptations, which has mostly died out except for Alvin and the Chipmunks and The Smurfs.

For one, MLP contains no human characters and no real-life locations. To have either in a hypothetical movie would require a major break from what made the series popular in the first place. It would require a major Art Shift, and considering that this could potentially end up losing a lot of fans, alongside Hasbro's aim to grab the largest general audience possible, it's a risk not worth taking.

It would be debatable as to whether such a movie should be considered "live-action" or "animated" to begin with. If it's any indication, Dinosaur is an example of one film that featured CGI characters on live-action backgrounds, and was labeled an animated film by Disney.

Beyond that, if the backgrounds of anything like The Good Dinosaur are any indication, it's that we've officially reached the point where you can replicate a hyper-realistic environment in animation without even needing to go out and film it. So, in the grand scheme of things, the idea of live-action ponies doesn't hold up. CGI would be a better bet, keeping in mind that CGI refers to a medium and not a style (3D CGI replicated 2D drawings in The Peanuts Movie and stop-motion in Flushed Away and The Lego Movie).

• 1 month later...