Five Nights at Freddy's

Jon the VGNerd

To be honest, I've played it with surround sound headset at the dead of night (when you're meant to play horrors) and although the 1987 bite thing creeped me out, it didn't "scare" me. The game gives off a creepy ambience and the children's music for <30% wasn't that bad compare to other horrors incorporating that kind of music. I actually think this is a great game comparing it to the modern indie game market today but it can't compete with some mega titles like Amnesia and Night.

So yeah. Scare-o-meter: 3/10. Nearly good.

I mean most horror games have gore and sexual themes that's what I wanted to know ?

Well, this one does not have gore nor any sexual themes (Silent Hill, anypony ? lol ). But, it does have a disturbing scenario though. 

Well, this one does not have gore nor any sexual themes (Silent Hill, anypony ? lol ). But, it does have a disturbing scenario though. 

that disturbing scenario of being stuffed into a suit with parts inside it and your eyeballs ripped from your body yeah that is pretty disturbing :/

• 2 weeks later...

When I first heard about it, I thought it was some kind of romance thingy, but it's not. I'm watching some guy play it on youtube. It's scary.

Edited by Star Ruby

Right? Why would you work there in the first place? Ungh.

I think he was tricked to work there. Mike (the character's actual name) wasn't exactly told that until he heard the recording-I imagine, since the recording, while outdated since its from the killed guard before him, had to explain it meaning the guard previously never knew until after night 1 and decided to tell because he decided to work there himself. I suspect the previous guard worked five nights before dying your fourth night-which is why he recorded since he knew he would die. Anyway-the question should change to:

Why does he stay working there? The money isn't worth it. He gets paid 120 with 20 extra cents added in the end. This means ge gets paid less than minimum wage. Its nit worth your life.

Unless he's on the contract and he can't leave. It seems like they were planning on him dying so they gave him little cash and thats why they fired him.

Edited by Scootadress

Five nights at Freddy's is scary but it's more of a jump scare game I mean what causes most of the scares is the animatronics popping on screen screaming really but still it's a challenging game to play and fun too and it's well made to just wish you could explore more then just the office and what the cams show you.

I've yet to play this game. I'll probably watch Pewdiepie or Seananners play it, if they play it. And I haven't been on that part of youtube for ages. So if they already have, meh.

THANK YOU! Seriously though guys if you think this is scary you are wrong. Try playing "The Suffering" or "Dead Space" real fear right there cause this shits more realistic. I find this game to be hilarious to be honest more than scary. I am being chased by gigantic metalic teddy bears? I can only find THIS funny.

Dead Space is one of the most ridiculously non scary things I have ever played. 

It had absolutely no subtlety. It is the equivalent of child trying to scare you by throwing absurd amounts of tomato sauce at you and claiming that it is blood. 

It is very difficult to make a first person shooter scary because you always have a chance to defend yourself. I think the only FPS horror game that was successfully scary was Resident Evil 4 because there were several enemies you could not kill.

Edited by The Seventh Octave

I downloaded the demo for this today, along side the Amnesia game, but I got freaked out from playing Slender in study hall today( I got 3 pages, and my laptop's tracpad turned me around, with slendy behind me) And this game has been creeping me out for weeks, so I'm going to wait until I can play through Amnesia demo and Slender: The Eight Pages before I play it.