gaming Favorite Super Smash Bros Character?

Deviousnights

So... Super Smash Bros. My favorite game on each of its respective systems, is about to come out on 3DS in a few weeks. So now I'd like to know who was your favorite/best character to play as? I've played against many people with diverse strategies and I'd love to know yours.

Mine is Lucas from Brawl. The reason it would be him is mostly because of his special attacks, including his up smash, giving me easy knockouts.

I love to play as Mario in every Smash Bros., especially in Brawl since Mario has a little more weight to his movement compared to Melee where he feels too floaty for my liking.

• Brohoof 2

If im not mistaken, we have a thread on this but most likely this will be merged, ;). Anyhow, my favorite characters are Cpt. Falcon, Roy, Samus, Ice Climbers, Donkey Kong, and Megaman (although i was expecting X, nit kid)

Definitely Pikachu. Rainin' lightning Hell upon the stage.

But I'm exceptionally eager to test out Robin, as well as the now uber Bowser.

Edited by Unikitty

Yes, let the thread be merged. Let the glory be united under one mighty flag!

In Melee and Brawl, Marth is one of my favorite three characters. First off, let it be stated that I almost never use Counter. It feels cheap and unnecessary. (Same for when I use Ike.) If you can't dodge artfully, you're not playing it to the best of your present or future ability. Second, learn the sword dances. They're not just for show. If you can get your opponent to roll into your sword dances, especially when you manage a downward strike, which can launch them into the air for an aerial spike. Definitely learn the sweet spot from Marth's Dair that operates as a spike. It's extremely useful for countering ledge-grabs.

Samus was my main in Melee. She was very mobile, and was able to deliver adequate amounts of pain to those who entered her midst. From her up A-tilt to her forward A-tilt, both moves have their place on the battlefield despite being relatively mundane. Her wavedash is also very potent, and quite smooth. If you can seamlessly execute her Super Wavedash, you are my hero. I find myself rarely using her fully charged Beam. Her smash-missiles generally suffice for her ranged game if you short-hop with them.

Additionally in Melee, I play Falco a lot. I love his aerial moveset, especially his Dair. It's an incredibly juicy spike, and I thoroughly enjoy employing it from a short-hop -> Dair -> L-Cancel & Land -> Jump, Energy Shield -> Jump -> Dair -> Repeat (Or Grab) combo. Then of course there's his wild laser-hopping, but we all know what that one does. :) Don't we.

In all three games, I'm apparently very decent with Link. I'm not sure how that happened, considering how low-tier he appears to be, but he definitely has an outstanding A-game. I refuse to spin-attack on the ground. It can be dodged, and does leave you vulnerable. He can keep people from recovering easily enough with combinations of arrows, boomerangs, and bombs, and a well-timed downthrust too. His helicopter kick is really useful for gaining ground and establishing a wall of pain, while short jabs keep opponents' attacks at bay. Very useful!

• Brohoof 1

Always mained as Pikachu since the first SSB game, and will continue to do so for the new game coming out soon. I also liked Marth, Toon Link, Meta Knight, and Pit.

• Brohoof 1

Lawl.

I always liked using Luigi and Fox. Luigi's B+↑move is my favorite, and his SSBB special move is.. Groovy B).

Fox's maneuverability makes him another favorite. I'm pretty good with him :huh:.

in the first game I loved Link, Ness, and Fox.

in Melee I played Link, Samus, and Captin Falcon.

I had Brawl but my bro. sold it off and I never got around to getting it again. so I don't remember unlocking much.

I do look forward to SSB4 I want to get this specifically to play as Wii Fit Trainer.

post-28932-0-58401300-1408331265_thumb.png