Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spike ruined Hayseed's life in microcomic.

Octavia_Melody2

Rarity's Micro doesn't have many misses; this was one of them. Spike was a massive jerk in the short story, and it's really out of character for him to pull such a stunt.

Thank God for Spike's characterization in Simple Ways. :mustache:

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

Rarity's Micro doesn't have many misses; this was one of them. Spike was a massive jerk in the short story, and it's really out of character for him to pull such a stunt.

Thank God for Spike's characterization in Simple Ways. :mustache:

I think I may have been overrating Katie Cook's writing all this time. Never realized the Rarity Micro had such a mean-spirited short story.

Rarity's micro comic is something I've offered to purchase for other people in the Rarity fan club, since it's such an amazing read that I recommend it to anyone, and it's a must read if you're a Rarity fan.

Spike's behavior at the end of it was just beyond fucked up, though. I think it was an attempt at being funny, but it not only fails in epic proportions, but it's actually depressing to see that happen to Hayseed. I was actually sad.

If the writer expected the reader to find that funny, that's just...meh. Beyond meh. That was too twisted of a sense of humor and I was pretty pissed at Spike for that. 

Every other aspect of the comic was amazing, though :wub: Even the humor. Don't know what was going on with that last short story at the end.

• Brohoof 4

Hold up now. Did Spike actually know that Hayseed was building up his whole life to be with Rarity? Seems to me more like he just saw a pony remark on Rarity's beauty and tried to discourage him from asking her out or something, without having prior knowledge of his life. Obviously if he did know, that's unbelievably cruel of him. However, I don't think that's the case.

• Brohoof 6

Hold up now. Did Spike actually know that Hayseed was building up his whole life to be with Rarity? Seems to me more like he just saw a pony remark on Rarity's beauty and tried to discourage him from asking her out or something, without having prior knowledge of his life. Obviously if he did know, that's unbelievably cruel of him. However, I don't think that's the case.

Even without prior knowledge, Spike lied to Hayseed about Rarity having a fiancé so he could have Rarity to herself, not to mention he kind of stole those flowers. If Spike had done this on the show, fans would be protesting in the streets.

• Brohoof 3

Da. Still best micro though.

Cook does things like this a fair bit. Something similar happens in FF #8

But winona is only a dog and Applejack probably didn't knew what she had done to annoy her family, and it was no where as mean-spirited as what Spike did to hayseed in comparison.

That's news to me. That short story wasn't reprinted in the graphic novel. Does every issue have a short story? If so, I feel a little short changed with the graphic novels(which only reprint some).

But winona is only a dog and Applejack probably didn't knew what she had done to annoy her family, and it was no where as mean-spirited as what Spike did to hayseed in comparison.

I mean the gyrocoptor. Not the dog

• Brohoof 1

Are we really gonna get anal over a silly little comic strip that Cook made in the very last page that more than likely doesn't have anything to do with the main story nor probably even happened?

• Brohoof 3

Ugh... Looks like even Spike isn't safe from some terrible, terrible out of character moments  >_> FlutterShy in Putting Your Hoof Down, Pinkie Pie in Filli Vanilli, now Spike in these comics... Ugh... Well at least his characterization in the NightMarity arc was cute & sincere, he deserves at least one good section... Hopefully the rest of the mane 6 don't get this kind of treatment...

Are we really gonna get anal over a silly little comic strip that Cook made in the very last page that more than likely doesn't have anything to do with the main story nor probably even happened?

To be fair this IS the brony community we are talking about... Remember Twilicorn? Or the Derpy incident? It's kind of our thing to be anal  :please:  :blush:

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi
  • Brohoof 2

This was kind of a dick move. However spike did not really know that hayseeds obessesion for the marshmallow booty had be driving him this entire time, nor did he know that he was hopelessly in love with the stay puff queen. If anything it would seem like he is just agian proving that his character is that of a child, and simply lied because he though that hayseed was a random admirer rather than one who has unyeilding love for the queen kraft jet puffed. So it looks like more the author was trying to convey a form of humor, that failed due to the previous pannels showing Hayseeds love for  the Doumak overlord.

Also, marshmallows.

• Brohoof 3

I mean the gyrocoptor. Not the dog

Ah, my mistake, otherwise yea that was dick move on both of them as they willfully stole and destroyed the gyrocopter that belonged to someone.

(Looks at Megas75's avatar.....)  :smug:

• Brohoof 2

Because the mini story was written to conclude the comic, it lends a lasting impression of the Rarity Micro as a whole. Every bit of the comic's story is important, especially the beginning and ending because they hook you in and want to leave the reader satisfied, respectively.

This includes the mini story. The last bit comes off as just wanting to write a joke, only to make a great character in Spike look like a jerk. The rest of the Micro's really good, but the mini story hurts it. Being on "the very last page" doesn't cut it.

going off of what Banul said, Spike actually made him succeed. Sort of. 

He's got everyone except a special somepony.

In the mini story, Hayseed grew a big crush on Rarity and wanted to ask Rarity out. When Spike rudely interrupted his mission, all that hard work is for naught. It's not a successful mission at all.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

lol wh

Because the mini story was written to conclude the comic, it lends a lasting impression of the Rarity Micro as a whole. Every bit of the comic's story is important, especially the beginning and ending because they hook you in and want to leave the reader satisfied, respectively.

This includes the mini story. The last bit comes off as just wanting to write a joke, only to make a great character in Spike look like a jerk. The rest of the Micro's really good, but the mini story hurts it. Being on "the very last page" doesn't cut it.

In the mini story, Hayseed grew a big crush on Rarity and wanted to ask Rarity out. When Spike rudely interrupted his mission, all that hard work is for naught. It's not a successful mission at all.

wasnt talking about that yo 

hes obviously the ceo of a huge corporate industry making him rich as a mawfugga

Ah, my mistake, otherwise yea that was dick move on both of them as they willfully stole and destroyed the gyrocopter that belonged to someone.

I assume they thought it had been left there but that should have been confirmed

The Rarity story ended when it ended. I understand your concern that it was unnecessary and in poor taste but to use it as a nitpick against the actual story is well... nitpicky.

• Brohoof 1