Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

roleplay world Roleplay Suggestions

Troblems

As you may be aware, a few months back the Poniverse made an announcement that a new roleplay site was being worked on: Pony Roleplay.

We've got a lot of people toiling away on writing expanded lore for the Equestrian Empire, adding things like the Dragon Lands and Saddle Arabia. We have more sections for the General Roleplay World, so that all threads will be a lot more organized. (Action/Adventure, SoL/Romance, Alternate Universe, 1x1, and Non-Pony.) We are also looking into the best way to implement a rolling system so that tabletop-style games can be played with ease.

We have a lot of great ideas. However in order to best serve you, our members, we should know what else you want.

Right now, this is our big question:

What do you as a roleplayer want out of PonyRoleplay? What features do you want to see, and will use the most? Let us know below! All reasonable suggestions will be considered.

In addition to that, we're still looking for Lore Team members. The lore team will be in charge of writing and expanding what we know of Equestria and beyond. It is a role best suited for anyone who is a good team player, loves to world-build, and who possesses a solid knowledge of the lore within the MLP:FiM TV show.

If you are interested, please send a PM to myself, @Kay Dreamer, @Fhaolan, @Skycoaster and @Khajiit.

• Brohoof 13

Dumb question incoming.

Is it a requirement to be an active RP member to write for the Lore Team? Expanding the history and cultures of the lands beyond the canonical Equestria has an undeniable appeal to me.

• Brohoof 4

(Action/Adventure, SoL/Romance, Alternate Universe, 1x1, and Non-Pony.)

More organization and division among the RPs would certainly make things more convenient. Out of all the RPs being started weekly, its hard to find the type your looking for. 

• Brohoof 4

Ah, the lore team...I'm tempted to apply, BUT I'll have to give time to think about it.

Saying that, considering what the EqE team have been building; I must say that I am impressed thus far. I really hope this takes off and succeeds. ^^

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Building a world for the Ponies?? I think I could give it a shot... I'm pretty good at pulling things straight outta my butt Building worlds with others!

Edited by Hypn0ticD
  • Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

I sure as hell hope you guys will be very, very selective on selecting the lore team :derp:

What do you as a roleplayer want out of PonyRoleplay? What features do you want to see, and will use the most? Let us know below! All reasonable suggestions will be considered.

It's been a while since the last time I roleplayed in this site, IIRC back then each member can be assigned only to one character code, and it can only be done by the OP of the thread. Perhaps a way to freely switch between various characters in a single thread would make things easier for people who like roleplaying multiple characters at the same time. Also, if possible in each character page should list all posts that are done with that particular character, so others can tell what to expect from that OC.

Just a simple thought of mine.

• Brohoof 4

I wouldn't mind being on the Lore Team. I love world-building and I am relatively good with it.

Anyway, the thing I like the most about role-play is that I can expand my character. From all I remember the Equestrian Empire role-play is cannon character only. But if I understood it wrong, then yeah...

From all I remember the Equestrian Empire role-play is cannon character only.

But of course not.

OC`s are absolutely allowed in EqE. The difference is that they must undergo certain examination before being allowed to roleplay in EqE, in order to make sure that they actually do fit into EqE`s canon-like theme.

• Brohoof 2

But of course not.

OC`s are absolutely allowed in EqE. The difference is that they must undergo certain examination before being allowed to roleplay in EqE, in order to make sure that they actually do fit into EqE`s canon-like theme.

Indeed, and as far as I can recollect, the number of OCs one can register for Equestria Empire is essentially limitless. For example, I have two registered (Pathfinder & Sojourner), and they both had to go through the same process of approval from more than one RP staffer.

• Brohoof 1

We have more sections for the General Roleplay World, so that all threads will be a lot more organized. (Action/Adventure, SoL/Romance, Alternate Universe, 1x1, and Non-Pony.) 

EDIT: Found out by browsing the RP section a lot of the ideas that I presented have already been implemented. Apologies!

I do like this sectional idea based on genre, though.

Edited by Bow to the Rain
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

That is so awesome! cant wait!

Whoops! realized date of topic. Sorry!

Don't apologize. This is still actively being developed and I have seen first hand the progress the team is making. Keep that enthusiasm up ... it's going to be sweet :)

• Brohoof 2

@@cutieprincess

This is still actively being developed

This. We recently acquired a dedicated developer, so it's coming along, albeit slowly. While we've now missed two launch dates, we're still cracking on getting PRP launched as soon as possible. Still actively looking for suggestions on what people want to see, too.

• Brohoof 4

hnnnnngggg!!!

I wanna be a lore-builder so badly, but my own personal MLP Pathfinder group is keeping me busy enough as is!

Ah well, doesn't mean I can't take part in playing it still, even if I'm not calling any shots on the background! :yay:

Edited by Hocus Pocus
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

I am tempted to apply for lore team, I am a DM in Dungeons and Dragons and find world building very appealing, however I am studying for exams at the moment, will the post still be open in a couple of months time?