Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Tricis' Test RP (1x1 with Snails and Sole)

Literally Snails

"No, but if you really want to, I do have a lot of chores I need done," Tricis replied, playing along with the joke. "I'm just such an old lady."

As they exited the kitchen, they entered an area of short grass surrounded by trees. There was nothing pony made to be seen aside from her small shack. "Now, do you have any more smart ass remarks before we begin?"

"just one..." Sole said with a smile "do I have to dodge?" He asked, continuing with his trollish tone. "Nah, I'm just joking around. Let's get started, whenever your ready. " he added quickly, trying to be serious for his new master. It was hard for him to be serious when you felt like your in a karate colt movie
  • Brohoof 1

"just one..." Sole said with a smile "do I have to dodge?" He asked, continuing with his trollish tone. "Nah, I'm just joking around. Let's get started, whenever your ready. " he added quickly, trying to be serious for his new master. It was hard for him to be serious when you felt like your in a karate colt movie

"The first part of your training was going to be jackass conditioning, but I can see you're already well versed in that, so we're going to move onto something else," said Tricis. She spread her hooves apart into a wider stance and a faint amount of her blue aura became visible around her body. "To introduce this lesson, I'd like to ask you a question. When you fight, what part of your body do you channel your energy through?"

• Brohoof 1

"The first part of your training was going to be jackass conditioning, but I can see you're already well versed in that, so we're going to move onto something else," said Tricis. She spread her hooves apart into a wider stance and a faint amount of her blue aura became visible around her body. "To introduce this lesson, I'd like to ask you a question. When you fight, what part of your body do you channel your energy through?"

Sole thought about it for a moment and then shrugged "eh, it kinda varies. But mostly the palms of my talons or the tips of my talons. Never really considered shooting them from other parts of my body." He explained, suddenly wondering if he could shoot energy through the tip of his tail, or even his eyes.
  • Brohoof 1

Sole thought about it for a moment and then shrugged "eh, it kinda varies. But mostly the palms of my talons or the tips of my talons. Never really considered shooting them from other parts of my body." He explained, suddenly wondering if he could shoot energy through the tip of his tail, or even his eyes.

"How very creative," Tricis said in a monotone. "You use your claws because that's the easiest for you, and Celestia forbid you do something hard for once! Every species has the ability to use magic, but they channel it in different ways. Unicorns have their horns which are specifically designed for magic. Pegasi channel it through their wings which allow them to fly despite being as aerodynamic as a brick. Earth ponies channel it through their muscles, usually their hind legs. And you use your claws. Its the easiest place for you to concentrate your energy, a focal point for your minds eye. But with the proper training and a bit of actual work, your energy can manifest from any part of your body and be used in a variety of scenarios."

To demonstrate her lecture, she effortlessly concentrated a small amount of her energy into the hairs on her tail and caused them to move around freely like delicate strands of sentient silk.

• Brohoof 1

"How very creative," Tricis said in a monotone. "You use your claws because that's the easiest for you, and Celestia forbid you do something hard for once! Every species has the ability to use magic, but they channel it in different ways. Unicorns have their horns which are specifically designed for magic. Pegasi channel it through their wings which allow them to fly despite being as aerodynamic as a brick. Earth ponies channel it through their muscles, usually their hind legs. And you use your claws. Its the easiest place for you to concentrate your energy, a focal point for your minds eye. But with the proper training and a bit of actual work, your energy can manifest from any part of your body and be used in a variety of scenarios."

To demonstrate her lecture, she effortlessly concentrated a small amount of her energy into the hairs on her tail and caused them to move around freely like delicate strands of sentient silk.

Sole grinned "that's awesome! It's almost like when you build up a static charge and your hair goes crazy." He said with a laugh "you look wired when you do that by the way." He added "but what's the point of this lecture? Does it really matter where or how I use my energy, as long as I can?" He asked curiously
  • Brohoof 1

Sole grinned "that's awesome! It's almost like when you build up a static charge and your hair goes crazy." He said with a laugh "you look wired when you do that by the way." He added "but what's the point of this lecture? Does it really matter where or how I use my energy, as long as I can?" He asked curiously

"The point is versatility!" Tricis snapped back. "I know that word has to many syllables for you to comprehend, so I'll break it down for you. You really only on your claws to fight. That's about three percent of your body! Imagine, if you will, one of the millions of situations in which that restriction would lead to your death. You can't always use your claws. You may need to kick, body slam, headbutt, or whatever creative thing you can think of to get out of a tight spot, and without proper control over your energy, it won't accomplish jack shit!"

Edited by Literally Snails
  • Brohoof 1

"The point is versatility!" Tricis snapped back. "I know that word has to many syllables for you to comprehend, so I'll break it down for you. You really only on your claws to fight. That's about three percent of your body! Imagine, if you will, one of the millions of situations in which that restriction would lead to your death. You can't always use your claws. You may need to kick, body slam, headbutt, or whatever creative thing you can think of to get out of a tight spot, and without proper control over your energy, it won't accomplish jack shit!"

Sole held up his arms in surrender, surprised and annoyed by her outburst "jeez, okay. I get it, I get it. Versatility is good, me stupid. So if I'm so bad, how do I learn to control my energy better?" He asked, hoping she was done with yelling at him. He seriously doubted it Edited by ~LoSt SoLe~
  • Brohoof 2

Sole held up his arms in surrender, surprised and annoyed by her outburst "jeez, okay. I get it, I get it. Versatility is good, me stupid. So if I'm so bad, how do I learn to control my energy better?" He asked, hoping she was done with yelling at him. He seriously doubted it

"Think of your energy like your blood. It flows to every part of your body and makes you strong," Tricis explained. "But unlike blood, your energy isn't restricted to a certain path. You just think it is. Whenever you channel your energy through your claws you create a mental path for all of your bodies energy to flow through. You're claws aren't doing the work. Your brain is. In order to attempt this for yourself you need to imagine this new path."

• Brohoof 1

"Think of your energy like your blood. It flows to every part of your body and makes you strong," Tricis explained. "But unlike blood, your energy isn't restricted to a certain path. You just think it is. Whenever you channel your energy through your claws you create a mental path for all of your bodies energy to flow through. You're claws aren't doing the work. Your brain is. In order to attempt this for yourself you need to imagine this new path."

Sole scratched his head as he listened to her explanation "er... Okay, I think I get it. You gotta do something like this, right?" He asked, before narrowing his eyes at his tail in concentration, after a few moments, a few sparks sputtered out, but nothing more. "Dammit, I couldn't even form a sphere. This is harder then I thought it'd be..." He grumbled, before trying again, only for the same result. Regardless, he kept on trying over and over again
  • Brohoof 1

Sole scratched his head as he listened to her explanation "er... Okay, I think I get it. You gotta do something like this, right?" He asked, before narrowing his eyes at his tail in concentration, after a few moments, a few sparks sputtered out, but nothing more. "Dammit, I couldn't even form a sphere. This is harder then I thought it'd be..." He grumbled, before trying again, only for the same result. Regardless, he kept on trying over and over again

"Close," Tricis said, "Honestly I didn't expect you to get that far. Control over your spirit energy like this will come with time and training. For now, we will train with your claws only." She walked around Sole and stood between him and her shack. For this next exercise, she didn't want to risk damaging her home.

• Brohoof 1

Sole paused for a moment and tilted his head in confusion "uh, I thought we just agreed my claws are already my best point. Why train using them?" He asked, dropping his tail back to its normal position. It began to twitch impatiently back and forth, a perfect representation to how he was feeling right now

• Brohoof 1

Sole paused for a moment and tilted his head in confusion "uh, I thought we just agreed my claws are already my best point. Why train using them?" He asked, dropping his tail back to its normal position. It began to twitch impatiently back and forth, a perfect representation to how he was feeling right now

(ooBrony appears to have taken a liking to our RP.)

"Because we need to exercise your control over your energy in the only way you know how," Tricis explained, "Besides, the term 'best point' is a bit of an overstatement."

She held out her right front hoof precariously. "Place both of your claws on the end of my hoof," She commanded.

• Brohoof 1

(ooBrony appears to have taken a liking to our RP.)

"Because we need to exercise your control over your energy in the only way you know how," Tricis explained, "Besides, the term 'best point' is a bit of an overstatement."

She held out her right front hoof precariously. "Place both of your claws on the end of my hoof," She commanded.

(yeah, seems that way. Maybe he's a fan of Yu yu hakusho)

Sole looked at her skeptically, but obeyed the request anyway. "Uh... How is practicing extreme pattycake supposed to help me improve my energy control?" He asked skeptically. He didn't see how this was supposed to help

• Brohoof 2

(yeah, seems that way. Maybe he's a fan of Yu yu hakusho)

Sole looked at her skeptically, but obeyed the request anyway. "Uh... How is practicing extreme pattycake supposed to help me improve my energy control?" He asked skeptically. He didn't see how this was supposed to help

(Extreme pattycake! :P I actually laughed at that.)

Tricis didn't answer his question at first. She concentrated a portion of her energy into her right hoof. "Focus your energy into your claws." She commanded. "This will be an exercise in blocking energy attacks. Careful, this might kill you."

She fired an energy blast out of her right hoof without warning.

• Brohoof 1

(Extreme pattycake! :P I actually laughed at that.)

Tricis didn't answer his question at first. She concentrated a portion of her energy into her right hoof. "Focus your energy into your claws." She commanded. "This will be an exercise in blocking energy attacks. Careful, this might kill you."

She fired an energy blast out of her right hoof without warning.

(I laughed when I thought of it XD)

Sole barely had time to focus his energy as Tricis fired the blast out of her hoof. With a grunt of surprise he flew back a few feet before catching himself and landing lightly "whoa, at least give me a better warning next time. I barely had time to block that!" He complained, now fully on guard 'she definitely isn't playing around. If I wouldn't have blocked that it definitely would've done some damage...' He thought, ready for her next attack

(Not sure if I responded to that how I should have, I was a bit confused. If it's not right i'll edit it.)

(I laughed when I thought of it XD)

Sole barely had time to focus his energy as Tricis fired the blast out of her hoof. With a grunt of surprise he flew back a few feet before catching himself and landing lightly "whoa, at least give me a better warning next time. I barely had time to block that!" He complained, now fully on guard 'she definitely isn't playing around. If I wouldn't have blocked that it definitely would've done some damage...' He thought, ready for her next attack

(Not sure if I responded to that how I should have, I was a bit confused. If it's not right i'll edit it.)

(Whoops! Didn't see that you replied!)

"No one's going to give you a warning anywhere else!" Tricis barked. "Why would you ever expect me to be any different, dimwit?" Immediately after she spoke, she fired another blast at him, this time from a greater distance.

(Whoops! Didn't see that you replied!)

"No one's going to give you a warning anywhere else!" Tricis barked. "Why would you ever expect me to be any different, dimwit?" Immediately after she spoke, she fired another blast at him, this time from a greater distance.

(it's all good :P )

This time Sole was more prepared, and with a swipe of his talon he slapped it upward into the sky "because I thought this was training you crazy old hag!" He snapped back, before wincing. She'd actually managed to piss him off enough to resort to insults 'oh well, I meant what I said. No point in trying to apologize.' He though, preparing for another attack

(it's all good :P )

This time Sole was more prepared, and with a swipe of his talon he slapped it upward into the sky "because I thought this was training you crazy old hag!" He snapped back, before wincing. She'd actually managed to piss him off enough to resort to insults 'oh well, I meant what I said. No point in trying to apologize.' He though, preparing for another attack

Tricis suddenly became satisfied and stopped her assault. "Good," she said, "We've proven that you have minimal control over your hooves. Now it's time for the real lesson." She turned around and entered her shack, once again not explaining what she was doing. "Try not to hurt yourself while I'm gone," she said.

Tricis suddenly became satisfied and stopped her assault. "Good," she said, "We've proven that you have minimal control over your hooves. Now it's time for the real lesson." She turned around and entered her shack, once again not explaining what she was doing. "Try not to hurt yourself while I'm gone," she said.

Sole rolled his eyes with a sigh "yeah okay, I'll try my best 'senpai'" he said sarcastically, before she entered the small home "wait, where the heck are you going? I thought we were training." He asked curiously, wondering what this old mares intentions were

Sole rolled his eyes with a sigh "yeah okay, I'll try my best 'senpai'" he said sarcastically, before she entered the small home "wait, where the heck are you going? I thought we were training." He asked curiously, wondering what this old mares intentions were

Tricis decided not to reply with another sarcastic remark. She entered her house and stayed inside for a little over a minute before returning with a thick rope hovering ahead of her. "I'm about to tie up your wrists," she said blatantly, "I know you have about ten cute jokes you want to say about this. So pick one you like the most and let's get on with this."

Tricis decided not to reply with another sarcastic remark. She entered her house and stayed inside for a little over a minute before returning with a thick rope hovering ahead of her. "I'm about to tie up your wrists," she said blatantly, "I know you have about ten cute jokes you want to say about this. So pick one you like the most and let's get on with this."

Sole was too confused and curious to think of a good joke, so he just shrugged and floated over to her "wait, why are you going to bind my wrists? That seems counterproductive, don't you think?" He said, hoping it wasn't some embarrassing test or something like that

Sole was too confused and curious to think of a good joke, so he just shrugged and floated over to her "wait, why are you going to bind my wrists? That seems counterproductive, don't you think?" He said, hoping it wasn't some embarrassing test or something like that

"I will tell you as soon as you're prepared." Tricis said. She walked closer to Sole and started to bind his claws to his sides. She tied the rope with no slack for him to work with. The only way Sole could stand upright was with the help of his wings. "Start flying a few feet off the ground." She ordered.

"I will tell you as soon as you're prepared." Tricis said. She walked closer to Sole and started to bind his claws to his sides. She tied the rope with no slack for him to work with. The only way Sole could stand upright was with the help of his wings. "Start flying a few feet off the ground." She ordered.

(mostly for the late reply, I've been kind of distracted with other things.)

Sole gave her a skeptical look as she tied the rope and ordered him to fly "okay, whatever. I'm not gonna question your weird methods anymore." He said with a sigh, as he quickly began to fly several feet into the air and hovered there "okay, now what?" He asked

(mostly for the late reply, I've been kind of distracted with other things.)

Sole gave her a skeptical look as she tied the rope and ordered him to fly "okay, whatever. I'm not gonna question your weird methods anymore." He said with a sigh, as he quickly began to fly several feet into the air and hovered there "okay, now what?" He asked

(I have too...)

"Now that your claws are bound you can no longer use them to block my attacks. Your best option now is to use your claws." Tricis explained, "There's no better way to develop a new skill than to be forced into it." She raised her wrinkled right hoof and pointed it at Sole. "We're going to keep doing this until you don't move an inch!" She fired a third blast at Sole.

(I have too...)

"Now that your claws are bound you can no longer use them to block my attacks. Your best option now is to use your claws." Tricis explained, "There's no better way to develop a new skill than to be forced into it." She raised her wrinkled right hoof and pointed it at Sole. "We're going to keep doing this until you don't move an inch!" She fired a third blast at Sole.

Sole cursed and barely kicked the blast away "are you crazy?! I can't fight back like this!" He said in annoyance, preparing for another attack

(Hey, do you feel like joining a casual wedding rp between Sole and Stone? You can use any characters you want as long as they know either Sole or Stone, but I don't think Mason would be a very good choice XD)