Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

@Moonlit

"Food is what? Delicious? A lie? *gasp* Food is real, right? Noooo, the poor foalsies needs their munchies!"

Ziggy had no idea why Harmony had given off some an unfinished sentence to the sleepy siren still using her as a plushie, but she tried her best to finish it herself then, since he didn't, eventually getting to a horrendous possibility. Surely it couldn't be something that dreaded, right?

In all seriousness, she knew it wasn't that, since she could smell the food, but did that mean she couldn't have a bit of fun? Not in her book it didn't.

====================================================================================

@Succubusted

Sloppy Joe's were pretty much as per usual. The owner, Single Straw, were in the back dealing with paperwork, the pompous earth pony Alonsus were helping at the desk, as it seemed like the usual cheery conspiracy nut Berry wasn't there right now, and from the kitchen, a sound of a hammer or knife being slammed into a chopping board would show that the resident cook, Chop Chop, were hard at work himself, making sure that those who ordered warm meals were taken care off.

Tidal Wave wasn't immediately obvious to see anywhere, but not long after Thunder had settled down with his shake, the door to the kitchen would open up, and she'd wander out of there, along with a stallion with several disfiguring scars over his face and neck, with a large one around his stomach. All seemed to be bite marks from something big, with rather sharp teeth, though he appeared to be fine all things considered, which thinking on how close a few of those marks were to his left eye, were a minor miracle. The marks on his throat would account for his coarse voice too.

"- still don't get how you managed that one Chop."

The two of them seemed to be finishing up a conversation about something, before she leaned in and gave him a friendly pat on the shoulder.

"The guys are really missing having you around, y'know? The real you."

"One month."

"Wish I could be more lenient on you, and let it slide already considering you're staying the course, but rules are rules, and I already let you go with a slap on the ankles for that whole thing. I know you'll be able to get through it though. You've always been a tough cookie, you just ended up in a bad situation."

"Tell Downstream to take good care of Crunchy."

"You know he will. Doesn't have it in him to disappoint you. Anyway, been good seeing ya Chop. One month, and then you better get to Shark Bay, before I personally come 'round here and drag you there myself."

Chop saluted the general, who chuckled before returning one to him, and turning around. It were about then she'd see Thunder and wander over to him whilst Chop went back to the kitchen.

"Heeeeey, there's our fresh youngling. Had a good time with your lil' sis?"

===================================================================================

@Galaxical Phoenix

Seemed like she were finding this mighty awkward too, perhaps he should just try to talk, and not think about... Well, anything, really. How did the teachers say at that school before? Approach with kindness and a smile, before introducing yourself. Actually... He hadn't done that, had he? He were failing pretty hard at even the basics right now it seemed.

"I'm uhm... S-Sorry for this. I'm still not used to talking with Equestrians all that much. Can I try over, p-please?

So... H-Hello? My name is Cover Up. I'm a tattoo artist and painter of sorts. I can uhm... manipulate colors. Or well, color. I think I can handle other things than black when I get better. Maybe."

Not perfect, but it were feeling a little less forced, and more natural. Perhaps he could run with this and just show what he meant with his skill set? It were easier to show than explain.

His horn glowed with a translucent grey, as he used his magic to take the cork out of the large ink well, and direct the sizable paint brush on his back to dip the tip within it. Once it were covered in this liquid, he would direct it to the ground in front of him, where he would cause it to flow across the ground, and paint an elegant flower with a butterfly on it, letting it linger for a little, and then had the brush paint over it again, yet this time, the tip didn't paint, but take back the color, where it would stay until he directed it back to the ink well, and let it float back into the container. At no point during this presentation did any of said color drip from the brush.

"So t-that's the sort of thing I do. Can... I mean, would it be o-okay to ask who you are?"

He'd look at her a little hopeful, internally sending a prayer to gods far beyond these shores, that they would bless this moment and not have her just take off. He could really use someone to talk with, and doubly so one who understood what it were like to stand out, and apparently feeling somewhat awkward about things. She seemed to be the first pony outside of his village he'd met, who he might be able to understand and connect with.

=======================================================================================

@EcstaticWind

Soon as Briar couldn't hear the pen wander across paper anymore, he would go into a big, friendly smile aimed at this strange florist they had stumbled upon.

"You must have much to think about, so we will bother you no further for the time being. If you make a decision or need further help before we make our way out of town, please, do find us at the Hayfield Hostel. We are situated in room six."

Velvet would potentially know said inn as one of the more low rung in the entire city, situated at the edge and rarely used by anyone but low income travellers and adventurers who didn't want to cause a stir. It had a certain reputation of being a place where you could lay low, in case you needed time for whatever reason, which wouldn't be asked about. It were a bit... Rough around the edges, but it were a simple place where the two of them were left in peace, with a reasonable amount of comfort and lack of judgement or noisy folks. It suited them well in Briar's mind, since it meant that Brittle would be less scrutinized or looked at mistrustfully. Changelings still tended to have a bad rep, though lesser so for the reformed variety. If only Brittle knew how to do that, perhaps it would be simpler, but alas, so far, no luck in such an endeavor.

"If there is nothing else, I will bid you farewell, and wish you many a restful night."

He'd bow courtly before Velvet, and if nothing else happened, he and Brittle would take their leave.

=======================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

On 8/27/2019 at 1:03 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Looks like we got ourselves an audience.”

“Wouldn’t want to disappoint them,” Sen stroked his chin as he observed them for a minute. “How about we give them a show?”

This interactions caused a myriad of happy sounds to emerge from the varied unformed ones, and send into the heads of those close enough to them. The siblings learned new languages from their formed siblings going to varied lands and returning with information, which Mother then read and took part in, before taking what she shared in, and take such essentials to her children. Mixed among them were around five hundred and nineteen languages currently, and whenever a new unformed came to life, their siblings would teach them too, as they played around for anything from a few minutes to eons, all whilst waiting for a master to arrive that they could plead their case towards. This were why learning of the language of the outsiders were so important in Mother's eyes, where she saw the rest as being unimportant, and left the formed siblings to tell their unformed brethren of these tales and things. They enjoyed stories like that to pass time, amidst playing and patiently awaiting some creature to come through and proclaim a want for one of them.

The one who had waited the longest had been there since the very start, even if it did not remember that far back anymore, and counted as a sort of elder for the unformed to look to for basic information, when Mother could or would not answer them. It were rather simple things, and it didn't get everything right by a long shot, but it were seen as high end by the standards of the others, and it allowed Mother some time to rest herself now and again.

That one too were looking on now as the ball were being thrown around, and would get a nod from Omen. A discernible one among the rest, as he had six, slit eyes, placed in a circle. It generally did not help it get sought after by masters.

None of them thought over things such as this however, as they excitedly watched Sen and Lin show off a little, and especially seemed to like the more special moves, such as Sen balancing the ball down his wings. That one had gotten quite the spectacle among the unformed ones, though they got even more excited as the ball got rolled towards Omen. Not because of something she did, but rather because Shrimp let out a low battle roar, charged into the ball, and rolled with it through one of the gates into the shadowy realm.

The unformed ones loved colors and light of any sorts, as their own world were so devoid of it, so seeing this little white and gold creature roll in, look around,a nd spewing out some small, glittering embers, got a lot of attention int he few seconds there went before he fell with the ball through a gate with a yelp, and end up in front of Omen, who'd grab him with her tongue, whilst kicking the ball up into the air. With Shrimp squirming in her grip to get loose as she lowered him to the ground, her focus weren't top notch, so she'd end up having the ball hit her snout, then bounce up and down there a few more times, as she tried to push back at the same angle it came down, and finding that it worked right here. At least for about four times, before it then got slightly altered, bounced unto the ground, and right up towards Sen's right front knee.

========================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"I respect your want for privacy, and assure you that I do not intent to meddle with what is rightfully yours. Still, I appreciate the warning. I will keep it in mind and handle myself with care around your earnings."

Be it magic or the fact that she'd likely try to burn and/or eat him, Marley had no intention of getting on Ruby's bad side. He were still confident that he could put up a fair fight in case she did start to go on the offense, but he had not enough confidence in a guaranteed win for him to try anything. Besides, he enjoyed her company, and wouldn't wish for things to sour because he got curious.

He'd go on to place his items down, which included folding out what he had purchased, to reveal a long, folded cape of varied soft, malleable feathers in a multitude of colors.

"Is that from some sorta endangered bird?"

"No, it is simply a special design that are nearly impossible to gain for... Varied legal and spiritual reasons."

"And you wanna dress up as a fancy lad because?"

"It's a griffon thing. You wouldn't understand the intricacies of our traditions."

"Alright, taking a shot as mating plumage then."

Marley did not give an answer to that suggestion, thinking it best to not play along with her tease. He knew where it could end.

==================================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Best to be sure anyway. If you ever wanna find out what sorta drunk you are, be with friends that can look for ya, and make sure you don't make too much of a flank outta yourself. Trust me, you don't wanna be thinking that as a hindsight after the fact. The stories I could tell ya."

Not just her own either. In her line of work, you heard all sorts of things, and hangover folks coming in for some coffee to help with it? They got talkative sometimes for sure, and man, the stories some of them could tell.

"Personally, I'd advise just to have a lil' mellowing sip on a real bad day. Half a glass at most. And I'm talking pony sized ones, nor siren sized. You'd probably get plastered just from looking at a barrel that size, heh.

So... I'm thinking that it's about time asking you what's next? The approval meeting's on track, the princesses seems to like ya, you got locals that have your back, and soon enough, you'll be free to float around to your hearts content. What's the next big scoop? Finding a singing avenue whilst the forest one gets fixed up, in case you'd want to return there? Trying to connect to folks in town perhaps? Or hay, just lay low for a while and think?"

=================================================================================

@Rising Dusk

Caramel shook her head and rose up from her position. Despite their victory she looked defeated in a way, as she glanced at Minty, ready to try and make the outsider understand the severity of this situation a little more.

"It isn't that simple. You can see the risen that they took, yes? That is what a helhest leaves behind. A dried up, empty corpse, ridden of all life. The rare few have been touched, but only left with a mark, or even entirely safe, and what differentiates any of this? No one knows.

We don't know anything about them. What guides them, what purpose they serve, who they chose to harm or leave be. Nothing. They just show sometimes, and the best any of us can do is to stay clear and pray that we are not their targets. If you are, there's no stopping them. We can't fight them. Physical weapons does nothing, magic goes right through them, and it is as if wards have no effect. Even necromancy holds no effect, even though they are clearly not living.

I've have seen many things in my time, and best I can tell, they do seem to have some inkling to chase beings of importance, as if they are watching and judging us, by some rules or standards we don't know about. 

You see why they are dangerous? They function on a plane we cannot interact with, nor understand, and they can leave you a drained husk faster than the eye can spot.

And that cloaked figure just made contact with them, and made them ensure that he or her escaped. Because I see no corpse where that one stood before. We just got a huge power vacuum open up after Twisted's downfall, and be it for or against us, someone will seek to fill that vacancy sooner or later. Seeing this, and thinking what might be happening here, I am still not certain of this, but If this one actually can control the helhests, or are communicating with them in some sort of friendly fashion, we have a contender for that vacuum that could be far more dangerous than Twisted were."

Hopefully she had gotten through why she were this worried, rather than happy that they had just defeated an admittedly easy force to face up against. The helhests were essentially a natural force in Harrowmark, and even the notion that there were a creature who were able to guide them in a direction one way or another, would be akin to someone in Equestria being able to take the sun from the sky at any given moment, and instantly slam it into your face wherever you were trying to hide. Impossible to stop, and would cause worried that a mere whim could mean the difference between the destruction of you and most others you knew, or a regular old day.

"Still, I hope that I am wrong, and that I have just never heard of them taking the corpse with them, as unlikely it may be considering my... Situation. Perhaps I should simply try and remain neutral and ask the high priestess for guidance on this. Viz'nay may well know the answer.

...Late as it may be then, can I praise your handy work in the fight? It is quite the impressive, and yet dignified combat style you have. And such power you posses. I could almost taste it ripple through the air. When you one day have foals, I hope they will inherit this strength from you, and that they may know how to use it well. Also that whoever you end up with, appreciates how lucky he have gotten, to be deigned worthy by a mare of your flair and talents. I couldn't imagine it being anything but an honor at least."

As she had tried to push the shaky thoughts and half rambling explanations to the back of her mind, Caramel returned to praising the outsider, and give her best wishes to what she assumed were yet to be conceived offspring of Minty. Those who had foals tended to have a certain look over them that she couldn't see here, hence she doubted that Minty had any. If she did, she most certainly looked even better than she should be able to, and that already seemed nearly impossible.

*sigh* If only she had a vessel like that... The captain truly were blessed.

=============================================================================================

@Sekel

"I gave my word that I would separate you, and when your word is the only thing have, you do not throw that around lightly. Not among my kind at least."

Promises were important to sphinxes, to varying degrees, yet overall, they were bound to act upon what they had given their words on. This were why many of his kind worded the things they said in such a way as to have themselves some wriggle room to get out of a deal they made, just in case. Enzo however, did not have the lust for such deception, and he had given his sworn word that he would help these strangers who shared the same vessel. Wherever this might take them, he fully intended to keep his promise to them, as he would any other.

"Come then. Let us follow this path, and see what it may lead us to. And try not to harm Karmic's body. You both need it to function to get through this."

With that, he would wander further down this path, unless Anzy had already begun to move. IN that case, he would follow, and light the path from behind the mare..

=============================================================================================

@Sekel

"Never seem 'im either. Heard things about how he was green in ruling, and needed some help to get things sorted, but I wasn't assigned to look into this whole mess, so I just stayed clear of any sorta area I heard they got in. Wouldn't know what to do there, and well, figured it smarter not to risk it either. Some changelings are real good at spotting others, and soon as they'd look beneath my disguises, they'd know where I were from. Bad mojo right there, but here's hoping he's more open minded now."

Happy sorta figured that the changeling kind would at best be willing to let them go after that, instead of entertaining trying to make contact, but he'd have to wait and see what the king said. He really had nothing to go on here but scarce rumors and guesswork.

"On a lighter note, how come you left home, if that were all you knew? Got caught?"

@Blitz Boom

Thunder would wait until he was noticed, doing his best not to eavesdrop, but when he was mentioned and asked a question, he would simile and nod "Yeah, it was nice to see her again, she also says she appreciates the compliment you gave her" he would say, "she is a little worried about me signing up with you, not that she thinks you're a bad influence, just the whole..danger thing" he'd say with a chuckle "and she's the one who'd face down evil with her friends" he'd laugh a little and finishes his snack and drink.

@Catpone Cerberus 

Oh, don't worry about the kitty, Kitty! Widdershins gesticulates towards Cerberus once more. It shouldn't have any issue! Would that many of us be able to wear our snacks around our necks!

So! Any plans for our playdate, Cathorse?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Blitz Boom & @Sekel

Razzle Frazzum, Tatzelpony, gave another shudder as the ghostpony left its bulk of a body. To it, it gave no second thought to its brush with possession as its primative mind had no notion of spellcraft. Indeed, it held some regret for not having to keep ahold of what it had previously held for as much as the tiny, central organ in its chest could register such an emotion. But, such pony-shaped blurry object that could have been accompaniment was no longer in its small circle of awareness and its "brain" kept it only bright enough to focus on what it could register. Which was Light Sources at the present moment.

On the rare occasion, it would take a light nip at the small sunbeam on its budlike head. As if it wasn't smart enough to realize how its own photosynthesis worked.

And still, the gaping wound on its large, lower right, fleshy petal slowly seeped the viscous fluid that could rightfully count as the serum the party had come out here to search for. Though with its taking in sunlight, it began to slowly dry up to heal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

@Sekel

Fidgeting on his haunches, the young drake replies.

"W-well, that's what I just said, didn't I? That you need a bodyguard!

...If you'll want me, that is."

@Blitz Boom Harmony rolls her eyes, and smiles. She boops Ziggy on the muzzle, while Serenade groans "Momma, make the pillow stop talking" she pulls Ziggy closer. Harmony sighs, "Moonlit Serenade, you'll wake up, release the poor dear and get ready for breakfast. I want you to meet some new foals." She winks, "up you silly sleepy siren"

@Blitz Boom

The excitement, the sounds coming from the audience… it was invigorating. Sen and Lin didn’t quite know what this feeling was, happy and energized, ready to give more to their performance. This is a first for them both, especially since they never performed for a crowd larger than their parents and maybe their grandparents. The unformed children in Mother’s realm were different but they seemed to enjoy the performance so far and perhaps that was enough. 

“Still remember that old trick? The one you spent weeks trying to master?” Sen asked, picking up the ball and tossing it towards Lin. 

"I know the one. Hope I still got it.”

Lin threw the ball high and got down to the ground, anticipating its arrival. She appeared to raise her hind legs and stretch out her wings to balance herself. Once the ball dropped, she caught it with one of her feet and kicked it up, catching it, passing it off to the other foot and doing it again. Soon enough she was juggling the ball with just her hind legs.

After about fifteen more cycles, the ball rolled down the arch on Lin’s back and returned to Omen and Shrimp. Perhaps they might have a thing or two to show to the unformed ones.

“That went better than expected. Your turn, Omen!”

@Blitz Boom

“That’s LIT!” Eventide Melody exclaimed before stopping briefly. She cleared her throat.

“It’s all cool, don’t worry about it. You aren’t doing too bad so far.

“Hi Cover Up, my name is Eventide Melody. My primary occupation is as a visual artist, but I also like to sing and write, and I think I’m pretty decent at basic magic.”

She paused, as though unsure if she wanted to continue. She decided to anyway - after all, Cover Up had gone out of his way to properly introduce himself.

“I also have this spell I can cast on my voice or on my art that makes it more impactful for a limited amount of time. I don’t like to use it a lot, though. It kinda feels like . . . mind control or something.”

Thaaaaaaaat probably wasn’t the best thing she could have said to somepony she just met. Most ponies didn’t really like the sound of anything like mind control, especially with so many potential threats looming in and around Equestria.

Cod. 

By the stars and the spirits . . . please tell me I didn’t just screw this up.

@Galaxical Phoenix

"The harvest mage in my village said that no power in inherently evil. It's all about who uses it. And w-well, I mean, you sound like you're moral about it, so long as you don't misuse it too often, it should be fine, right?"

Granted, where his village of settlers had come from were teeming with dark magic, and as such, even the well intended harvest mage were a user of such energy. It gave some perspective to see that everything that were perceived as bad, could still be used for something good. Even the darkest of them all, sacrificial magic, could have some positive applications. You just had to be careful, lest the temptation to gain more powerful made you abandon your morals, and veer off the path. Sadly not an uncommon fate for anyone who meddled with any variant of the dark arts for too long.

"A-Anyway... Eventide Melody? It's a pretty name. Suits an artistic pony like yourself."

Mentally, Cover scratched the back of his head, trying to figure out where to go from this. Hence why he were silent for a few seconds and seemed sorta extra fidgety.

"Though uhm, if it's okay that I ask, w-what's a visual artist? I don't think I've heard about that before. Sounds like a painter. Or dancer, maybe? Something else?"

======================================================================

@Succubusted

"I ain't gonna lie, being a guard can be dangerous, but with proper training and a good team you know you can trust, you'll be fine. Listening to warnings and not getting cocky 'round the sharks are about as important too though. The stallion I went here to talk with? Former Lieutenant Chop Chop, got a bit too careless during mating season, and ended up getting used as a chew toy. I know you saw 'im. since I ain't blind, so you've seen the scars. Long as you follow procedure, something like that's not likely to happen to you.

Which reminds me, I dunno if I mentioned it yet, but if you join up, we're encouraging you to keep some sorta sea animal as a companion from an early age, and raise it up right to give a strong bond. Really helps in aquatic battles, getting out to ships in danger faster, dealing with the tides when somepony's near drowning, etc. Usually we're promoting sharks over anything else, but we do have a couple of options, and one new, weird alternative. Just ain't for everypony, since connecting with these buggers aren't something that just anypony can do, but you'll see in time. We'll swing by the hatchery and have a gander eventually.

And speaking of that, you ready to take off, or are there somethin' else ya need to get done?"

The general weren't impatient, but she did wish for things to move along somewhat, rather than just standing here and grow roots. So unless Thunder had more things he needed to get sorted, she were about ready to take off, and show him what sorta thing the Coastal Guards could offer.

@Widdershins @Sekel

After rummaging around some more and not finding anything new, Cherish would disengage from the plant creature and float backwards a little, distraught at what she had learned.

"...It wasn't born like this. I couldn't get a clear view, but deep, deep down, it held a hazy memory of somepony who created it, and I... I don't know what it were before this. It might have just been a plant, but I'm not sure. It felt like it knew friendship, at least at some point. Plants don't feel that, r-right?"

Cherish gulped nervously, and flickered a little in the air. To think that some creature would take a plant and make it into this were perhaps okay, as it could be seen as a kind of evolution, and attempt to give something a better life. But if it had been say, a pony at some point... What sort of monster would do something like that?

"We had a saying where I'm from. Expect the worst, and act on it."

That saying had been more meaningful when you considered that they lived in a near constant warzone, since so many varied creatures wanted to take them, or what they were protecting, but she considered it good advise in general. Prepare for the worst, and the most that'd happen were that you could be pleasantly surprised by things going better, or prepared in case things went horrid. Could apply here too, where until she knew better, Last would assume that yes, this used to be a pony or some other creature like it once upon a time. A pitiful fate it had gotten in that case, but perhaps the princess had some idea what to do. Her though, she wanted to think on other things, such as how the liquid were still dripping from the wound the creature had gotten from her blade.

She hadn't thought much on it as more important things regarding Twilight's safety had been first priority, but perhaps if this did have some sort of connection to the Tatzlewurms, this liquid were useful to the ritual? Even if it wasn't, the princess were a wise, curious mare from what she had heard. She might want to study this for some reason. For example if she wanted to try and turn this creature back into whatever it used to be.

Withdrawing a flask from her saddlebag, Last would take a gulp of the water within, and then pour the rest out on the ground. She'd shake it a few times to make sure it were clean after that, and if nothing happened, give it to Cherish.

"Try and fill this with whatever its leaking, before it closes up. Might be important."

Cherish didn't seem to cause the creature to react, so she seemed like a safe option to do this, and she would too, provided that nothing suddenly happened to complicate things.

===========================================================================================

@Moonlit

Ziggy wrinkled her nose as she were booped. She must remember to inflict vengeance upon Harmony later for this! As it were written (in her diary): A hug for a hug, a boop for a boop. It then went on to discuss ice cream flavors, but that wasn't important right now. Although, strawberry sundae... No, later. Real food first. After she had gotten released that were. No way she were getting away from Serenade's grip with any ease, so for the time being, she were a striped pillow for the large, oceanic equine.

Honestly, this were starting out as one of her best days ever.

========================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

If the unformed ones had been enthralled before, they were absolutely mesmerized now, as they saw the incredible stunt that Lin did with the ball. They weren't used to seeing creatures with solid mass being able to do something like this, and the varied volumes of giggling, *oooh*s and excited, incomprehensible whispering that mixed together from all of them, should well tell that she had them completely under her spell. Like a star attraction at a circus, or the best street performer on a busy road, during tourist season.

There were less excitement as the ball were eventually passed on to Omen however, as the unformed ones rightly so knew that she weren't as impressive to anything regarding this as Sen, or especially - from what they had seen so far - Lin had been. Still, they followed it, and watched as Omen opened her maw, shot out her tongue, and wrapped up the ball. Afterwards, she'd ring it back to her muzzle and place as much of it in there as she could without trying to eat it, then just stand still for a few seconds as she tried to think.

Going with the only idea that she could then, suddenly, the air around them would be filled with even more gates, and she's shoot out the ball - with her tongue still wraped around it - through one with the speed of a strongly kicked stone.

It would go through gate after gate, some closer then others, and wouldn't stop until she didn't have more of her tongue to give. At that point, the ball would be dangling in front of Sen, from a gate above him, at least if he hadn't moved. He might have though, considering some of the paths Omen's three meter long, prehensile tongue would travel, included some of the gates near him.

Regardless, she'd then do the only thing she could think off, and pulled herself towards the end of her tongue, rather than pulling that back. A pretty weird sight, since she would be essentially dragged, dropped, and tossed up into the air, until she were at the same place as the ball, and when her head were through that final gate, she'd let go of it, and see it roll towards Shrimp, whilst she herself would crash down and land on her face. If she were able to understand pain properly, or really feel a lot of discomfort in general, this might have actually hurt.

"...Tadaa?"

A phrase she had heard ponies use before when presenting something, like tricks, performances, or sometimes, just random items. Honestly she weren't sure what it covered in its entirety, but she'd attempt to use it here.

As for Shrimp... Well, he'd jump the ball, wrap himself around it best he could, and when it finally stopped moving, would rise over the top of it and give off a tiny roar, as well as a small pillar of glittery flames towards the ceiling. The unformed ones liked the look of that stuff for sure, but Lin were still the main attraction in their eyes. This were just... Pretty, and about the entire opposite of everything they knew from their realm.

He'd be nice and use his snout to push it over to Sen once he were done showing off though. He just wanted to show that he were a mighty, intimidating creature, whilst also having no insight into the fact that he were much too small to be considered an intimidating presence by anything except perhaps insects, and really small critters.

@Blitz Boom

He would smile and nod "Yeah I saw, and I'll do my best not to get cocky" he would say "I remember this one stallion, got a bit cocky around a sting ray while his crew ere filming an episode of his show, camerastallion spooked the ray and the ray stabbed the stallion in the heart" he would say "It was a pretty big tragedy" he would say and then nod some more "Only business I'd have, is that if or when I do decide to join, would be to tell my parents" he would shift a little "So in other words, yep, I'm all ready to get going"

@Blitz Boom Serenade yawns, smacks her lips a few times before eventually release Ziggy. There is a flash of light and the silly sleepy siren into a passive pegasi. She yawns again, gives her wings a flap and then groans "I'm up...I'm up." She promptly rolls over and falls asleep again. Haramony chuckles, "My daughter, very much a nocturnal pony." She looks at Ziggy, "At least she's let you go, up for breakfast?"

@Blitz Boom

Omen’s attempt at a ball trick wasn’t the most graceful, but it was an attempt. Sen and Lin were pretty much encouraging her to try something and well… they got something. Of course, the landing was the roughest part of the act and both siblings immediately rushed over to help. Sen propped up the Ki’Nathar while Lin took a close look and examined Omen’s face to see if there were any cuts or bruises. Unfortunately, their lack of knowledge on anatomy and physiology showed its ugly head and for the life of them couldn’t say if Omen sustained anything serious. 

“Are you alright?” Sen asked, the sound of concern and worry grew as he looked for visible scrapes or bumps. “That crash looked like it hurt a lot.”

“She could stand still in a fire and not feel anything but I don’t know if Discord made it so she wouldn’t feel any kind of pain, regardless of what is causing it.”

“Goes to show how much we don’t know about you, Omen. We appreciate you giving your trick a shot but maybe we should play lightly for a while. Or rest. Whichever you prefer.”

After about a few minutes of examining, the two decided to set Omen down on the ground and continue from there. Or rather, Lin did. Sen noticed Shrimp pushing the ball over to him, having missed a bit of his cute display but nonetheless saw parts of it, he was amused all in all. Approaching the little creature, he crouched down close and brought the ball back with him.

“Look at you, little Shrimp! Small in size but big on attitude. Don’t worry, you’ll grow up big and strong! Let’s go see if Omen is alright.”

Having a lot happen in such a short time, the siblings likely forgot the gates were still open. Along with that, a lot of pairs of eyes watching them. There isn’t much of a spectacle happening now that they dropped the theatrics but the unformed ones would have something to observe in the meantime. 

@Blitz Boom

Ruby to her usual manner stayed quiet, looking as uninterested as always when Spicy and Marley had their little back an forth, she didn't pay any attention to the cape either, both because it wasn't shiny and because it really wasn't any of her business why Marley had bought it. When it seemed the conversation had ended, Ruby spoke "Are you ready to leave or do you want to talk more about bird traditions?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"First thing for me would be to catch up with...well everything, since it would be hard to start living among ponies when I have 1000 year cap in my knowledge."
Nada responded thoughtfully "Then, after I know everything I should, I would probably just go around the town, trying to get ponies used to me and vise versa, and only after being sure that ponies no longer fear me, I would start consider singing to them, and even then I would start small." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Widdershins

"Not really, I didn't even know we were having a playdate." Cerberus answered thoughtfully "I usually just spend time with my friends." he was talking about the cats "But you have quite the powers right? And you seem to be quite unusual mind, so I'd like to see you to do something, it could be fun."

@Blitz Boom

“Thanks.”

Eventide Melody smiled both with relief at his view on her odd spell and at his compliment on her name.

“Actually, now that you mention it, I do like to dance too - I’m just not a professional dancer. As of being a visual artist . . . It’s sort of like painting. I personally like to sketch things out with a thin quill, color the drawing, and then add lineart with a thicker quill. Sometimes I like to use a paintbrush to lightly add colors to lay on top of the other ones, which make for nice effects.”

Harvest mage, huh? Didn’t sound like anything from this region of Equestria . . . not that Eventide was one to judge.

I pretty much live under a rock, anyway.

Don’t be awkward, Eventide.

@Blitz Boom

"My my, how troublesome indeed," the large unicorn expressed as Caramel did her best to explain the situation to an outsider that didn't know their ways or of the creatures the crawled the swamp they lived in.  Not that she'd expect Caramel to understand Equestria with just a quick reference hoof out either.  Igniting her horn, she levitated the pegasus off the floor she had slumped down onto to get her back on her hoofs.  A pegasus does not belong on the ground, they should slump on puffy clouds.  The minty glow of her magic afterwards formed into a feather duster.  Patting off the dirt and mud collected from the ground off of the only other fashionable pony for hundreds of miles.  "Curious though then, darling.  If these helhests be as terrible as you say and the fashion disaster did indeed have control over them, then would that not have made more effective weapons than zombie diamond dogs?" Minty inquired, finishing her round of attacking the pegasus with a magical feather duster until she was clean.  "As you say, these creatures work in mysterious ways, trying to understand them with a pony mind might not be possible.  They seemed quite interested in the fight between me and the larger boss dog, who knows why they did what they did."  A power vacuum is always to be expected, even in Equestria it was always a concern especially in the business and political realm.

While the helhests didn't make the most preferable audience, Caramel sure did.  Let the praise rain upon The Captain.  Her spotlight spell shown down upon her and mint colored glowing rose petals rained down on her, as she didn't expect the pegasus would be carrying flowers to throw at the unicorn.  Oh, how amazing it felt for a theater pony to be praised for her work.  Tasting the ripple of her power?  If only she knew how much of a 'taste' of Minty's power that really was.  Then her praise went down a different road, causing the petals to sudden poof and the spotlight to go out.  Awkward conversation to bring up after a battle.  "How... kind of you to say, darling," she smiled and her cheeks turned a little pink.  It wasn't always certain one's foals would inherit the power of their parents.  Even her own, while above average unicorns by most standards, were by no means to be considered among the ranks of any well learned wizard or mage.  Nor would she wish her foals to be the destroyer that she is.  Magic like Rising Dusk's or Setting Dawn's, those were the powers she wished for her foals.  Controlled, helpful and less disastrous.  "Come now darling, let us return to the celebration.  You can report of your High Priestess and this performer needs some refreshment," the diva chuckled and turned to head back to the town.

Speaking of the town and celebration.  Wisp's inquiry about the outside world was responded to by Rising Dusk who had been filling them in on the past six hundred years of Equestria's history.  Not all that hard for a unicorn who could fill them in as if he was reading them a history book, which he basically was from his memory.  Everything from the return of Princess Luna from her imprisonment on the Moon, the return and reform of the spirit of chaos, the crowning of Princess Twilight Sparkle, the attack of the changling queen, the time all of the magic in Equestria was almost stolen, the fall of the Storm King.  Tales of sea ponies, yaks, dragons and the recently rediscovered Kirin, beings capable to turning into fiery monsters when angered.

A lot of thoughts jumbled in his story telling that he didn't have the chance to ask, "Is your queen over six hundred years old?"  Kinda left field, but his mind couldn't help but notice they always mentioned a queen and not queens, plural.

On 8/30/2019 at 7:16 AM, Blitz Boom said:

Soon as Briar couldn't hear the pen wander across paper anymore, he would go into a big, friendly smile aimed at this strange florist they had stumbled upon.

"You must have much to think about, so we will bother you no further for the time being. If you make a decision or need further help before we make our way out of town, please, do find us at the Hayfield Hostel. We are situated in room six."

Velvet would potentially know said inn as one of the more low rung in the entire city, situated at the edge and rarely used by anyone but low income travellers and adventurers who didn't want to cause a stir. It had a certain reputation of being a place where you could lay low, in case you needed time for whatever reason, which wouldn't be asked about. It were a bit... Rough around the edges, but it were a simple place where the two of them were left in peace, with a reasonable amount of comfort and lack of judgement or noisy folks. It suited them well in Briar's mind, since it meant that Brittle would be less scrutinized or looked at mistrustfully. Changelings still tended to have a bad rep, though lesser so for the reformed variety. If only Brittle knew how to do that, perhaps it would be simpler, but alas, so far, no luck in such an endeavor.

"If there is nothing else, I will bid you farewell, and wish you many a restful night."

He'd bow courtly before Velvet, and if nothing else happened, he and Brittle would take their leave.

"Thank you. I'm sorry for the...well, I'd call it panicked rudeness, personally. I'll see you there before you leave, and I might close up early to think things over before they overwhelm me again. If not, then I hope we see each other again, regardless." Velvet said, waving them off as they left.

Not long after, he would begin closing up the shop, mulling over the decision in his head about whether or not to seek out these ponies, and go on some kind of adventure. He'd never been especially brave nor was he the kind anypony thought of when they imagined a brave adventurer in the wilds beyond pony civilization. Heck, even some areas in pony civilization were wild, untamed and ripe for adventure. Many such things happened in the Everfree Forest, when he last heard.

By the time he got to his home, he was exhausted, taking care of his balcony garden and preparing something simple to eat before he flopped onto his bed. It took a while, but a stray thought occurred to him. What did he really have to lose by going on an adventure? The mundane concerns like paying rent and looking after plants paled in comparison to what he could potentially gain by adventuring. Perhaps he could even bring back some of those exotic plants as he was sure Briar suggested. However, tired as he was, he set the thought aside for now and decided to approach the issue with a clear and rested mind in the morning.

@Galaxical Phoenix

"I mostly just paint. I used to use flat objects the most when I was small, but that got easy, so i went on to more three dimensional things. Vases, statues, and uhm... W-Well, ponies, and other living creatures. I mostly make due doing that, depending on the town I'm not. Not a big demand around here, but the Courier Guild had some who wanted to try. The uhm... Dragon, were a terrifying experience. We don't have them where I'm from, and I'm still not used to seeing them. The big ones anyway. They make me nervous."

He hadn't been asked by the real big one who ran those workers thankfully, nor one of the other rather large ones who had come in along with him, as he'd likely have just passed out from nervousness over being eaten or something else like that, but Cover Up did work on one of the other ones that had some size to it. It going well were probably going to help him the next time he were asked to paint scales like this, but he'd see. This one hadn't been all that aggressive, all things considered, but he knew that wasn't true for all of them. His road to Ponyville had meant he encountered a few that were... Less than thrilled to meet him. Nothing serious though, just boasting and showing off far as he could tell, as they hadn't chased him. Didn't mean it weren't scary, regardless of whatever or not they were just being jerks.

"I liked the minotaurs more, b-but anyway, I guess that's not all that important. Basically, I just like to paint, and between my abilities and this brush that my parents gifted me before the... *cough* I-I can paint in many sorts of lines. Thick, thin, vague, etc. Since I can remove it if I do wrong, it's easy to fix mistakes too. I tend to repaint the ones on myself too, at least once a week, to try something new. It helps cover... U-Uhm..."

Cover visibly squirmed both when he cut himself off regarding something with his parents, and now when he couldn't finish a sentence regarding covering something. It were a couple of sensitive topics for him, and usually he didn't even get this close to speaking about them. Perhaps he were starting to sort of relax around Eventide, since it got that far? He weren't sure. The only others he had told about this were pretty weird and had tried to help him, so that were special. This weren't like that, so what the reason were, he couldn't say for sure.

"...Adding colors in layers sounds like it could make for some pretty color schemes. I think I've seen it a few other places here in Equestria, around some clothing stores. I think. It had a kind of rainbow effect, depending on the angle? It was... Strange."

@Succubusted

"For the record, sting rays are off limits for anypony below sergeant rank, or who have at least seven years in the Coastal Guards, and even then they're gonna be reviewed before they're allowed a stab at it. They're tamable, but too dangerous and tend to carry grudges. One careless rookie messing up whilst they're in their resting area, messing with their food, shocking them, etc. and that rookie's gonna be at the bottom of the ocean. The sharks are more forgiving. Chop's gonna see that too, when he returns to the bay and confronts Chompy again.

Anyway, since you're set, I might as well call for the transport."

It were pretty easy actually. She just retrieved a small, bound scroll from her uniform, unfolded it, and pressed it against her forehead, whilst sending her lieutenant the message about herself and one extra needing to be teleported. It were a pretty nifty piece of work, and one of several reasons why this unicorn had risen so far in their ranks as he had thus far, with likely several more promotions to come in his time. Not to general though. The way that role were handled in the Coastal Guards, meant that he'd never have a chance.

After a few seconds, Tidal would wander over and grab hold of Thunder, before looking up at him with a big grin on her face. She would've said something, but they'd get teleported too quickly for that, and would fins themselves in a meeting room of sorts, surrounded by a few guards polishing their weapons, a couple playing cards on the big, wooden table that seemed to have been through better days, and the lieutenant with a toothbrush in his muzzle and a fresh glimmer of pale blue flickering off his horn.

"Welcome back general. I'm sorry for the location, but you said it would be days, and it seemed urgent since you already took contact, so-"

"Hey, take a breather lieutenant. You did good. Now go back to brushing those pearly whites, and as for you two-"

The guards playing cards would stop moving and look directly at the general as she addressed them.

"- You better not misplace those cards. You know how sad it makes Peddle Hopper when she can't host her poker nights. Yeah, don't think I don't know about what's going on when ya'll think I'm not around."

The two guards gave some nervous laughs and agreed to making sure the cards were in their rightful spots when they were done with them. They weren't nervous because Tidal had seemed angry about this though. She frankly looked like it were entertaining her. They just figured that she didn't know about these sorts of things.

"Heh, always fun to keep 'em on their hooves. You doing alright there Thunder? Some ponies can get a bit queasy the first few times they try long distance teleports."

@Moonlit

Ziggy flailed to the ground with a low thud as suddenly, there were no longer a huge siren grabbing hold of her like she were a plushie, but just lil 'ol pegasus Serenade, which were now the small one.

Getting up again and shaking herself to get the last bit of sleep out of her system, Ziggy beamed down at Harmony with a big, energized smile. Looked like she were about two seconds away from tackling this mare and repay the hugs she had been given to the first unlucky soul that had fallen over her, after her captor had let her go.

She wouldn't though. It was just a funny thought for her.

As this went on, Fah'lina slapped down and landed on Ziggy's head, ready to move on to more food. The stuff from last night were well devoured by now, and the ravenous little critter were perking up at the sound and smell of breakfast. The smells touching her sensitive nose were mostly pretty good from what she could tell, even if it were only weak wafts that came near her right now.

"Hehe, seems like we're ready to go. Sure we shouldn't take Serenade with us? She's way easier to carry when she'd a pegasus."

@EQ_Theta

On 9/1/2019 at 8:45 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Are you alright?” Sen asked, the sound of concern and worry grew as he looked for visible scrapes or bumps. “That crash looked like it hurt a lot.”

“She could stand still in a fire and not feel anything but I don’t know if Discord made it so she wouldn’t feel any kind of pain, regardless of what is causing it.”

“Goes to show how much we don’t know about you, Omen. We appreciate you giving your trick a shot but maybe we should play lightly for a while. Or rest. Whichever you prefer.”

Omen got up from the floor as they picked her up, and didn't show any physical signs of having sustained damage. She would've answered the inquiry about her physical state early on, but with Sen and Lin examining her and having a back and forth, Omen elected to just stand still, and follow their movements with only her head moving.

She'd comply fully with their examination, and wouldn't resist if they wanted to check her closer, have her lift a leg, etc. She'd do so in complete silence though, as she too were observing them in turn. There might be something to learn in case she ran into others who might have been damaged, and she had to check up on them. Most creatures she met in her life were ponies, or otherwise equine in nature, so the way they looked at her could well be used on them, even if they were more squishy and prone to cuts, bruises, and broken bones.

Once she were certain they were done speaking, she would finally start to speak up herself, which should be a nice break from the sound of the unformed ones, who appeared to find the situation with Omen funny. No outright laughter, but a good deal of giggling and assorted sounds of joy remained, though this may well too have something to do with the show that Shrimp put on. They were rather easily amused and amazed after all.

"Master Discord's world had many holes, and strange things in the air. He said it was important I could take a hit. Fallen from higher places, and no blood.

Feel... Something though. A pressure. Weak. Fading. I do not know if that is wrong. It does not feel bad. Like the thing you called anger. It is just there.

Is this pain? I thought it were worse. Would make me scream, like ponies does. Cry perhaps? Never tried that. It looks strange."

On 9/1/2019 at 8:45 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Look at you, little Shrimp! Small in size but big on attitude. Don’t worry, you’ll grow up big and strong! Let’s go see if Omen is alright.”

Shrimp gave a small chip and open-mouthed grin in response to the happy face and tone that Sen used when talking to him. The words were good too, but the presentation were important too when the creature in question didn't understand all the words going his way, and had to rely on facial expressions to some degree to understand if this were good or bad.

As the request to move over to Omen, Shrimp would follow and slither up Sen's leg, jump to Lin's shoulder, and then crawl her until he ended up as close to Omen as he could. He'd then take a step back, wriggle himself into position, and rush forward, getting some momentum in the air as he jumped over and lande don her shoulder. He'd then go up to his place on her head, and mimic Sen and Lin, by looking through her mane. He figured this were something that were important, and wanted to do his part too. And like Sen and Lin, he'd find nothing. Omen were molded to be sturdy.

=============================================================================

@Rising Dusk

57 minutes ago, Rising Dusk said:

"Come now darling, let us return to the celebration.  You can report of your High Priestess and this performer needs some refreshment," the diva chuckled and turned to head back to the town.

"Yes, it seems like our job here is done regardless.

As you said, it is quite strange what went on. Whoever that were could easily have set the helhests upon the town if it wanted some actual destruction done, or make an example, to make a force of power. Hmm... Perhaps it cannot be ruled out that this one were mainly there to observe us. The pack leader of those dreadful creatures seemed to hold the real control over its underlings, so it may simply be a roaming band of risen. Somewhat unusual, but not unheard of.

The high priestess is not going to be pleased with this uncertainty I can imagine, but at least we seem to be left alone for now, and none of these drew enough attention to concern the town. Considering there is nothing they could do about the helhests, and us already dealing with the diamond dogs - though of course, you have a far greater part in that than I - they are better off being blissfully unaware for the time being. No need to hamper their fun."

Caramel appreciated being given a hoof cleaning up after she had done a less than dignified slump unto the dirt before, and that Minty seemed mainly receptive to the praise that she got. However, she were well aware that not everything had landed pleasantly with the tall mare, considering her response to the comments that she had made about the Equestrian's future offspring. A curious thing to not seem receptive off she'd say. Did no one in Equestria wish for their offspring to be powerful, and potentially surpass them?

Hm, or perhaps it were the notion of a stallion that got to Minty? That may be it.

Now, Caramel were not one to judge. Gods knew that she were in no position to judge others for much really, but she would find it a shame if Minty truly were more interested in mares than stallions. A powerful pony such as her, should gift the world with offspring that might be of comparable or further power. There were plenty of evils in the world that could use someone with a degree of power to come by and sort things out, surely. And in case the worst happened, there were usually some gain for others regardless. If her life had taught Caramel anything, it were that death were never as simple as one might think, and that a corpse to some, were little more than an opportunity for others.

But there were no reason to think in such dark terms straight off the bat, and especially not if Minty were uninterested in offspring. Considering that they still had a bit of a walk to go through to get to the others, perhaps this were the ideal time to find out some details regarding this actually. Could scarcely hurt to attempt at least, no?

"Do tell me if I am being too noisy, but you seemed to be less than thrilled about one of my compliments before. Equestria are not a place where one wishes power upon their offspring? That is, if one is even looking for a Stallion in the first place, hmm?"

About as subtle as a brick to the face, but she did not intent for this to be a guessing game either.

Meanwhile, Thistle, Sickle, and Wisp would have listened in silence at what Rising had been telling them about Equestria.

Sickle seemed concerned with what she heard, focusing on the dangers of his stories, and how it seemed that their country too had issues with monsters who could come attack them at any moment.

Thistle were intrigued by the stories of the powers that they seemingly had to juggle with, both in regards to their leadership, the manner of ascension, and how they dealt with demigods. It were something that she considered important when they would eventually have to deal with others from Equestria. The manner of demigods being reformed especially were something she would have to ask in to at a later date, as it seemed absurd, and she wondered what the actual god of chaos would be doing to retaliate against such a thing. Demigods were but offspring of something far greater after all, unless Equestria used the term differently.

Wisp however, were mainly enthralled by the stories and wonder nearly danced in her eyes the more she heard of it. Sure there were dangers, and many powerful creatures to deal with, but the stories were the things of legends, and made the rulers of Equestria somepony whom she would most certainly wish to meet and get a face to. Especially Twilight, as ascension to an alicorn, as well as all that she seemingly had done for her country, in just a hoofful of short years, would make her quite the living legend in the making herself. And this was not even speaking off how the country itself were spoken about, which sounded warm, kind, and free of much of the lurking terrors that they had to deal with here in Harrowmark. It sounded... Well, perhaps not ideal in Every conceivable way, but it certainly sounded pleasant.

1 hour ago, Rising Dusk said:

"Is your queen over six hundred years old?"

"Wha- Uhm... No. She's sixty-three. And when her time is over, it will be her oldest son who will take over, unless something happens to him, and it goes down the line of succession. We sadly don't have the sort of immortal, powerful rulers that you have. Just a regular pony and her extended family."

"Well, we did once have one who ruled for a few centuries. Old King Bells turned lich, who eventually ended up going insane. After he were defeated, the laws got changed so that be it self inflicted or natural, death meant that you forfeited any claim on the crown. That sort of thing haven't happened since. At least not among the rulers."

"I heard they have his bones in an urn somewhere in the castle."

"That part is just a story, but who knows, it might be true. I just know of the old king from some history books. It doesn't talk all that much about the aftermath."

==========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Nah, I'll just wait until he eventually spills the beans himself. He can't help but boast."

"Excuse me for trying to educate you."

"Not caring then, not caring now. See you around feather-brain. We're going drinking."

Marley let out a sigh and shook his head, before picking up a small satchel from a shelf, and beginning to count some coins from Spicy's collection. He had not been joking about having to prepare her bail, and considering that Ruby were with her, he should probably prepare an extra amount, just in case. It were better to be safe than having to explain why one pony turned into a dragon and ate a guard. Sure the dragons Equestria usually dealt with were forbidden by their own and pony law to eat ponies, but Ruby were from another place, and he doubted she had the same restrictions.

Spicy would grab a satchel herself and load it up with a few neatly rolled up stacks of bits. As a player and a loan shark, she liked to have the right amount at hoof at any time, so pulling a drawer and getting a few rolls to load 'em up with around three hundred bits should do well. She'd been on a massive bender for far less than this. Though she weren't on her own, and she didn't know Ruby's tolerance... Yeah, better grab a couple hundred more, just in case.

After that, she'd make her way wards the door, whistling. Marley would give Ruby a look as her back were turned that signalled a certain amount of pity for what she were about to go through, yet remained silent on the matter. She'd see soon enough.

=============================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Slow and steady approach. Good choice. Folks 'round here are getting more open-minded, but the sort of bombastic additions that are hard to ignore, like Discord, tests that a whole bunch. Learning of the story means you'll be spending time in the castle, so they know the princess got an eye on you, and then floating around and trying to slowly make connections, rather than swimming straight into the town square and sing your lungs out, gives 'em time to get used to your presence. Honestly thinking you're going at this the right way.

And y'know, in case you're looking for something to drink and eat alongside folks, without necessarily having to chat 'em up, Sloppy Joe's a pretty welcoming place too. Boss never tossed anypony out for what they were, the ceiling's high up, and we're the only place in Ponyville where the chef's perfectly happy cooking meat. He used to be a Coastal Guard, so he knows his way 'round fish dishes."

Yeah yeah, shameless plug for her work place, but it were true. They'd welcome anypony, as unusual as they might be, and they had the highest ceiling of any food establishment in Ponyville. Plus again, Chop Chop, who long as Nada didn't try to stir a ruckus, wouldn't care much who he were serving. Alright, she might get a bit of a warning glance at first, considering some of the stories he'd been sharing in the rare moods where he felt like it, but he wouldn't strike first. She might warn him in advance though, just to sort of give him a heads up if she heard Nada wanted to try swinging by, and time to think it over, just to be on the safe side.

===============================================================================

@EcstaticWind

After the two of them returned to the hostel, Briar would lead them into their room in silence, and after making sure the lock were set, would finally open his muzzle up to Brittle. He knew well that she wouldn't wish to talk in this place before they were safe, and he did not blame her. This place did not have much of a homely charm, among other issues. Yet at least they were left alone, which were again the most important thing when it came to Brittle. The less attention she'd get, the better, and after a day like today, he knew that she needed to be away from others for a time.

"Quite the eventful day, were it not?"

"Yes. It's a big, scary town."

Being alone with Briar made Brittle feel safer, which tended to stop her stuttering, even though her voice were still low. There were times when she were still afraid of Briar sadly, which he hoped would stop, but it were getting rarer as far as he had seen, as she had gotten more used to the fact that he were not her enemy, but her protector. Her guardian if you would.

"Yes, it is rather large in scale. Again, I apologize for bringing you into a place like this so abruptly, but I were confident that you could do it, and would you look at yourself? Only one minor, scare-induced transformation during this entire day. You are exceeding expectations already."

"Would be more impressive if I had talked to somepony..."

"Ah, but you did. The florist. Not with many words perhaps, but he were a new face who showed you kindness, and you did respond to that surprisingly fast. Do believe me when I say that I am proud of you Brittle. It could not have been easy."

"It wasn't.

...Do you think he will do it? Go on an adventure?"

"I cannot say for sure, but I sensed that his curiosity were at least piqued. We will see if his nervousness will defeat this spark, or if he will embrace a minor expedition into the world, and learn from it. I do hope the later. It would likely be good for him.

If he does though, I hope that he will pick a non-pony travel companion."

"Wouldn't he feel safer with another pony?"

"Yes, and that is precisely the issue. If he are to evolve and educate himself on things such as the potential of his ability, it is best if he wanders out of his comfort zone. I will say as much to him as well, if he asks for advice on who to pick.

In any case, it have been a long day. You should get some rest, and dream of better days. Hopefully tomorrow will be one of those, and if not, we will have many more to come."

Brittle would go to sleep a little after that, whilst Briar would remain awake for another half hour to make sure she had indeed gone to sleep, then wandered over to the smaller bed in the corner and prepared to rest himself. Something told him that there would be plenty enough to do, for him to need his energy replenished.

@Blitz Boom

Thunder was holding his head for a bit "W-woah, that's a first for me" he would say after they teleported, "Guess I better get used to it" he says and then looks to the two stallions playing cards "They get away with that?" he asks, "I don't think either the Royal or Lunar guards would" he says with a chuckle and a shrug "But what do I know, I'm a civ" he'd just laugh, following her, "I'm glad to hear that rays are off limits, though I did not know that sharks were forgiving, that's good to know"

@Blitz Boom Harmony shakes her head, "Trust me. It'll be easier to wake a zompony then get her up in the morning. She'll come down eventually." Harmony turns and leads them to the dining room, where Sunrise is plating food. All sorts of breakfast foods, meat included are floating around. A plate filled with Prance Toast, with berries and sliced apples, and coated in maple syrup. Fah'lina has a plate floated over that has a meat mash on it. Sunrise smiles, "dig in every pony"

@Blitz Boom

“No, I don’t think that’s pain. It’s more like discomfort, comes sharp and fast but it either fades or stays. That pressure though, I suppose that is normal, hitting something would be like having one thing pushing against another.”

“Discord made sure you wouldn’t feel pain when he formed you. It would be much worse if you felt the crash. Then we surely had to take you back to Arenaria so she could give you something to dull the pain. Her remedies work wonders but they sometimes taste bad.”

Sen approached with Shrimp riding on him, enjoying the little creature’s antics and amusing behavior. He tried to stifle a giggle as Shrimp climbed over him and towards Lin, who now discovered that she is just as ticklish as her brother. She wasn’t one to keep that to herself as she let out an audible giggle before seeing the refraction copy them. 

Eventually, the two came to the conclusion that there wasn’t anything of note with Omen after the crash. She appeared perfectly fine and unscathed, as if no accident took place. Whatever Discord did, it got Lin tempted to try asking the lord of chaos if he could do something like that for her but decided against it after more thinking. She may be confident enough to see him as a friend but wouldn’t want to take advantage of it.

As it is, the day was coming to an end with the sun just about ready to set over the horizon. The light shining behind the gilded ivory towers of Canterlot’s castle cast a shadow over the mouth of the cave, a reminder of how much time has passed.

“Looks like it’s my turn to get the camp set up. Wonder if Rosa’s interrogation is done; it’s taking an awfully long time….”

@Blitz Boom
Ruby had a feeling that Marley looked at her when she turned away, but she didn't pay too much mind to it, because she expected him to speak if he wanted to say something, and if he didn't want to say something, why did it matter he was looking at her? Ruby stayed quiet during travel like always, only speaking if Spicy said anything that couldn't be responded with a movement of the head or a hum.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'll keep that in mind." Nada said with a smile "Though I will have to get used to ponies myself first before I will be comfortable eating among them." "After all, the last time I saw a group of ponies they wanted to banish me." "Sure it may be true that times are different, but can you really blame me for not believing it before I see it myself?"

@EQ_Theta

On 9/3/2019 at 8:27 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“No, I don’t think that’s pain. It’s more like discomfort, comes sharp and fast but it either fades or stays. That pressure though, I suppose that is normal, hitting something would be like having one thing pushing against another.”

“Discord made sure you wouldn’t feel pain when he formed you. It would be much worse if you felt the crash. Then we surely had to take you back to Arenaria so she could give you something to dull the pain. Her remedies work wonders but they sometimes taste bad.”

"Master Discord is smart. Does not look like it, but I have seen many things. He says not to talk about most of them. Personal."

Discord had far more layers to him than others would normally see, which Omen had gotten a long, hard stare at after she had been serving him for years, and been there for the good and bad times. Even if she didn't understand much of it at the time, her simple view on things sometimes did help look through some of his trickery and deception, though mostly, him explaining things or the thousands of years she had to think over it, had helped her to grasp certain things about him a little better.

Still, she wouldn't speak a word about it. He had given her very direct orders, to never share the majority of the things she had seen. Rarely had there been a time where he were okay with it, or simply forgot about the situation as it seemed less important to him than something else, especially after he had told her to never lie. He had tried to tell her that some things were okay to lie about after that, but gotten nowhere in making Omen's very baseline understanding at the time grasp that, so instead it just seemed easier to ban her from sharing things.

There were only two situations where she might share them. That being if Discord himself told her that it were okay for whatever reason, or if he eventually perished, and she were still alive. In that case, he had wanted her to tell all the stories that she could, to as many as would listen, so that he would not be forgotten. Just like loneliness, this were a thing that he secretly feared more than most things, which were also one of the reasons why he had ensured that Omen were build to last. It made him feel more comfortable about being remembered, when he had one who had seen him for thousands upon thousands of years, and could store the information in her head.

That he had then been defeated and turned into stone however, had not been part of those calculations. Though he were still mostly getting what he wished for. Somepony who would remember him, just not one who had as massive of a span of memories as he would've liked. She instead carried the memories of his wilder past, whilst others such as Fluttershy and her friends, were now the ones to remember his current years. Unless he would perish relatively soon, it would likely only be Twilight who were left to remember, as time went on, but he would rather not think of such a situation.

To get back to the situation at hoof here though, with nothing more seemingly happening, the unformed ones would quickly get bored and move away from the gates again. The colors and items were fun to see, but just watching things mainly standing still were not all that stimulating for them, so when the ball were no longer played with, there just wasn't all that much to entertain them. And with them gone, Omen would close up the gates that were empty, and eventually close the final three too, as the last stragglers moved on to do something else as well.

On 9/3/2019 at 8:27 AM, EQ_Theta said:

“Looks like it’s my turn to get the camp set up. Wonder if Rosa’s interrogation is done; it’s taking an awfully long time….”

Omen started to slowly turn around herself as Lin said this, as if looking for something, for several minutes. Eventually, she would settle down, and nod to herself, before turning to the longmas and share what she could of the inquiry.

"Rosa have moved. I am not sure where. Not the same place as before."

Whilst she couldn't say for sure where the bat pony were right now, she could at least tell that it weren't where she had last seen him. That counted for something, yes? She couldn't however, say if he were currently moving, or just in another room or something. Tracking him were more of a snapshot thing, rather than a constant feedback.

======================================================================================

@Etch Daydream

Thunder wasn't the only one who'd laugh. Soon as he said that the royal guards didn't have gambling, Tidal would give off a hearty laughter herself, but not explain further until they were starting to go down a hallway, where the walls were sparsely decorated with some weapons and armor, carrying the logo of the Coastal Guards: A wave. It had once been considered to change it into a shark jumping over a trident, but they had figured that since the other guards went with more simple, representative symbols too, they didn't have to try and outshine them.

As for the weapons and armor in the halls, they were there on their respective stands as spares, just in case they got a surprise attack and needed them. Sometimes their current ones could get lost or destroyed, the blacksmith weren't done fixing the already broken ones, etc. Tidal could fit into some of 'em too if need be, though as a general, she were allowed a specialized suit of armor, which might not look like much to Thunder, but were crafted to be both durable, and very light, to not impede her in the ocean. Plus the sort of helmet that had been made for it, had a nifty little thing to help her breathe underwater, though she didn't carry that much on land. Looked a bit dumb in her opinion, and it hardly protected as it were, so what were the point?

"Heh, oh man. Sorry for the laughing there before, but that were outright funny. See, you might not see anything as civilian, but lemme tell ya, the Night Guard are huuuge on cards, and dice. Guards gets bored on duty, and need something to do to get by with. Over the ages, that've been anything from brewing moonshine to herbal abuse, and trust me on this, a smart general know what vice to let 'em have. A bit of gambling ain't anything compared to hitting the booze, and even the princesses gets that. You should've seen the trouble that were about to stir once Princess Luna returned, and Screecher had to go into a lengthy talk on why it were for the best to just let it happen, citing some examples of how it could otherwise be. She sure weren't happy about it, but she got the big picture eventually.

And before you ask, all the guard branches have a fondness for cards, but we each got something that draws in about as much beyond that. Night Guards have dice, Solar Guards like a bit of the ol' roulette, and us Coastal Guards got our betting. With the shark wrestling matches we have going, that ain't a wonder really.

Only rule that covers everypony is that these sorts of things stays internal. Going out and gambling in Las Pegasus for example, and you're getting trouble. These sorts of things are only supposed to be between the guards.

And in case you're wondering why they got nervous, even though they're allowed this, those two served under my predecessor, who had a habit of putting some extra rules up about how whatever were won, part of it had to go into a savings account for the entire guard. I mean, I understand his logic in trying to get some extra revenue going, but it were wildly unpopular, and some of 'em fear that I'm gonna reinstate that. Which I ain't. I'll just win the bits and put it in there myself if I have to, heh.

You'd think that after four years running this joint, they'd be trusting me to not muck things up. Guess they're afraid that the next in line is gonna be the same I beat out or something."

===========================================================================

@Moonlit

Fah'Lina didn't even wait to be told she could dig in before she jumped her plate and started to chow through everything there. She were more restrained than yesterday though, and kept her mouth small most of the time, to give herself some real time to chew and savor the tastes, since this food were real great. If there were any crab on the plate, she'd save that for last, as she truly enjoyed that taste, and had plans to go out and hunt some herself later today. Smaller ones though, like a rainbow trout sort of size. Pony-sized were far too big for her.

As for Ziggy, she would eat what were presented with great delight, whilst looking around on the cute little foalsies.

Actually, now that she were thinking about it... Where did all of these come from? Serenade had never mentioned that her family was this enourmous, and surely she had been home within the last six years or so, right? Strange... Eh, whatever, feeding time now, questions later.

=========================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Alright, so I'm thinking we'll get on a carriage to Las Pegasus, and start there. Might as well make it a real trip."

It wouldn't be a long way to find the carriage service in town, which were essentially a group og strong pegasi who had grouped up with some unicorns to make for private carriages, that could soar through the air. Usually only something that the nobles or princesses could afford, but this were a more down to earth, lower budget sort of thing. Still as safe, just less pompous. It were still somewhat expensive though, so most still went for the train.

After paying their fee - Spicy got a bit of a discount since she made a deal with one of the company's leaders after an overdue payment on a loan some years back - the two of them would be flown off, towards Las Pegasus.

"Half an hour or so, and we should be there. These folks are quick pretty quick, unless there're others in the air, in which case we'd have to slow down. Might be upwards of an hour, which is still not too shabby. The train could've taken up to five."

=======================================================================

@Catpone Cerberus

"Nope. Just saying that when you wanna take the jump, there ain't no better place to start than at Sloppy Joe's. Just gimme a head's up so I can tell Chop to expect ya. The local griffons tend to make sure we run outta fish in the evening, and it'll give him some time to prep some more up."

Weird clientele they had at times, but hey, all were welcome, long as they were acting kind. Same would go for that dragon scholar, soon as one of 'em had a chance to tell her of the place, and that it'd be welcome for her, in case she wasn't just a gem eater. It hadn't looked like it, but you never knew, right?

Anyway, as they had talked, the food and drinks had been handled well enough so that Berry could go over and start to throw a few things out in the trash, making sure to tear some things a little first, whilst also having a bit of a looksie at what were already in there. You could learn a lot from a beings trash after all. She sure did, though usually it were at night, outside. It were pretty rare for her to have this sorta chance on the inside.

@Blitz Boom There was crab, as well as other types of meat, plus a few other vegetables mixed in to give color, crunch and flavor. The seven foals are too busy destroying breakfast, it's like watching a feeding frenzy. Sunrise and Harmony eat at a slower pace. Ziggy plate has a the three thick slices of Prance Toast, hay fries, some apple slices and powered sugar, topped with maple syrup. It's fresh, all of it. 

Serenade comes dragging herself in, like a zompony from the fables of old. Her eyes are barely open and she yawns, sitting herself down and snoring at the table. Two of the foals snicker.

@Blitz Boom

Thunder would listen to her explanation and listen "I see, well then, that's good to know" he would say, "I guess it's let them have their vice and they'll do a good job, take it away and well, the results may vary" he'd say with a chuckle "Or I could be completely wrong" he'd say and continue looking around, nodding once more "keeping it internal is good though, I could imagine the scandals that may happen should a guard be seen gambling at Las Pegasus" he'd say.

After a bit, he'd smile "I can also imagine Luna's reaction, at least just after her reformation" he'd say "From the stories I've been told and read, she was very proper and regal back in her day..not to say that she isn't these days, but times have changed, and it' either adapt or..uhm..I forgot the rest.."

@Blitz Boom

KARMIC FATE & ATZY

"I know I need this body," Atzy grumbled as she walked in front of Enzo. She didn't want this body any longer than she had to, knowing that possible salvation was close. Atzy needed a body of her own if she was to thrive and if working with the sphinx was the only way, then so be it. Along the walls were more evidence of diamonds, and less of a regular cave tunnel. "The diamonds are getting more and more visible. I think we're nearing a whole cluster of them."

@Blitz Boom

AURORA LIGHTS

"I actually left home because I wanted to see the rest of the world. My parents were reluctant, for obvious reasons, but I've seen so much! I left my small village, and I began flying across Equestria. It's amazing what you can see from above and what you get from interacting with ponies in the different towns and cities," Aurora was jubilant and her wings flapped excitedly, lifting her off the ground a bit as they walked. She didn't realise it and was happily humming when she touched back down.

@Blitz Boom, & @Widdershins

TWILIGHT SPARKLE

"I didn't even notice the dripping fluid, I was too focused on its movement," Twilight admitted, only noticing the weeping wound when Last pointed it out. "It moves like a sluggish pony but it acts like a plant searching for the sun. It's an odd combination of things. That fluid would be interesting to study and it could be a decent substitute for the Tatzlwurm flower if we can't find an actual Tatzlwurm."

@Widdershins

DAWN STREAK

Dawn didn't know what compelled her. She pursed her lips and stared at the dragon. "Okay. Bodyguard then. And stay with me. At all times. Please?" Dawn asked, her voice breaking a bit at the question, barely showing the loneliness to Kaltrops that she's felt for a long time. She coughed and nodded to herself. "Okay. You're staying. That's good. Um, what now?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

“Stargazer can be a reasonable sort. I’m sure Rosa would be someplace safe, even if the Canterlot guards would have to watch him. Either that or they’d let him leave and he’d find some place else to stay, maybe find his way back here. We’ll be waiting for him if that is the case.”

Lin returned with some wood she stashed away for the fire, digging up the pit she’d use for the bonfire and laying out some of the items she brought from the village. Bedrolls from their home, a few packs of food, a few canisters of water…. Just some of the essentials she thought about bringing along for a few days. That and she needed to rotate bedrolls already kept in this cave. Perhaps in due time, she should start moving them back to the village so they can get washed. 

Sen, in the meantime, got the fire started and took off the cuff to observe what it would look like with the fire in the back. If this is what he thought it was, then something special would happen. Indeed, it didn’t take long for the visual effect to come into view, the reddish hue shifted into orange as the jewel slowly matched the color of fire so much so that the two were indistinguishable. 

“Ha! There it is!” Sen exclaimed, excitedly bringing the jewel to Omen and showing her exactly what he sees. “The special property of a fire ruby, held to the light of a fire and the jewel’s color will match that of the fire itself.”

“You know with nightfall approaching, I’m wondering what mine will look like. Once we’re done, how about we pass the time like we do back home? Telling stories around the campfire. You probably have some things to process after today, Omen, and I think we can skip a lesson tonight.”

Frankly, Lin still wasn’t sure how long Omen needed to process new information, let alone know what her threshold is before complete overload. For now, she was content to avoid a situation like the last time considering her visit to Amethyst’s shop, the Canterlot prison, and the longma village. If they didn’t have a lead on the diamond dog gang, there will be plenty of time to pick up where they left off.

@Blitz Boom

The journey back to the town was going to be one full of inquiry it appeared.  Something that Minty either said or did triggered a bit of curiosity from the pegasus.  A curiosity made all the more evident from the brick to the face delivery and emphasis on The Captain's preferred tastes in a special somepony.  Reading between the lines on what Caramel was really getting at not that difficult.  "In Equestria, we wish upon our children happiness, wherever life takes them.  No pony knows what their destiny will be or what cutie mark they will earn.  Any foal I had could as easily be a flower sales pony or a Royal Guard.  My great grandmare, a descendant from a powerful noble unicorn line just like me, found her destiny in making drapes," Minty chuckled at the thought of such a thing as she always does when telling that story.  

"As for me?  Mare, stallion, I simply haven't found that special somepony for me yet," she replied with a smug cheek to the inquiry.  Not actively looking to settle down.  Instead taking the stance of the theater and just waiting for her true love to just happen when it happens.  "Besides, I have fourteen wonderful children at the O.M.I. that need my constant care and guidance," she concluded.  It was mostly true, in her mind at least, but she did have a maternal nature toward her agents.  Like the worried parent she was waiting up for the days until Rising could let out his beacon.

More to learn about the relationship between Harrowmark and the territory that had been held by Twisted.  Even with how under an iron hoof the two was, they still were able to maintain enough contact to know what was going on in their country.  The concept of a ruler constantly changing hoof were very foreign to a pony from Equestria.  Who had the same ruler for a thousand years.  Really only able to relate to such an idea with each city's own mayors that change.  But to have to write into their own law to prevent a long living ruler from continuing would be a rather interesting conversation when their two countries met.  For a land with death so baked into their culture, he was actually surprised to find out they preferred if there was no undead ruler.  Even if it were a really great one.  Yet they accept a specter pony for a High Priestess, that seems to have her own high degree of influence.  Harrowmark had been lost so long to the darkness, Rising could only guess how well the exchange between the Queen and Thistle is going to go. 

"And your place Thistle?  Will you remain here or return to the capital?" Rising inquired of the specter.  Finally happy that he was no longer feeling the dull throb of Minty's raw arcane magic reaching out over here.