Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lack of positive male role models

ShyPie

The "matter of identifying with the same gender" does not apply to me, so I don't really give a shit about that. I don't "identify" with most females and I would rather not shove myself into a "gender specific" box, please and thanks.

I clarified what I meant about role models and how I identify with them in my post above already so I am not going to repeat myself. Reread it if you would like. The keywords of your post are "not all do [identify with the same gender]", so I'm not sure why you specifically decided to say this to me when others already have made this point.

I am saying you mustnt forget that its a factor. Sometimes it helps others it doesnt. I quoted you because my post was relevant to yours. Your way of choosing role models isnt what everybody does. The fact that you do not let this factor affect you acknowledges in itself that gender is a factor. Should we forget it entirely? Only when it acts as an inhibitor... Which doesn't always happen.

boys do not need to feel empowered, they already control the earth.

i like that the show is about girls being on top for once.  it's a breath of fresh air.  i don't see you complaining about pretty much every single other show ever, which only has male role models.

No, actually, a small clique of people with a ton of money who happen to be male control the world.

Your average male needs empowerment in equal amounts to women- if not more considering the suicide rate of males.