Rainbow Rocks

Lightwing

This is what I saw, is this the movie that was recently? Or is this the 2nd part of the movie that was out recently?

That's just the live action promotion for Rainbow Rocks. That's been around for quite awhile.

The fact of the matter should i watch it i'm extremely hesitant...................................... please halp!

I'd give it a watch! Personally, I just found it to be an enjoyable movie. Yeah the first one was all right, but the sequel was mega fun. :)

I'd give it a watch! Personally, I just found it to be an enjoyable movie. Yeah the first one was all right, but the sequel was mega fun. :)

Thanks man but the designs ew what was (whatever studio who made it) thinking! but i'll go check it out with low hopes but maybe it will surprise me!

If there is a human twilight in the equestria girls and if it is supposed to be a universe where they all know each other like they do in equestria then how come noone knows about the other twilight 

Pinkie says she's home schooled (I think)

Thanks man but the designs ew what was (whatever studio who made it) thinking! but i'll go check it out with low hopes but maybe it will surprise me!

If you're going for the art, you may be similarly disappointed, but the way they handled the references was quite good.  I liked the character development, though it was faster than character driven episodes.

The plot was . . . covered with skirts. If you care about plots, which I don't.

Unlike most people here I'd never even heard about this movie until a few days ago, when I decided to check the wiki to see if there was any new info about season 5. So all the leaks that were apparently widely known to everyone here passed me by completely. I watched it immediately afterward and I have to say that it pleasantly surprised me.

I didn't really care much for the first movie aside from the songs, so when I saw this one had a focus on music I was certainly intrigued, and with good reason. The Dazzlings' songs are truly captivating, especially their vocalizations, and I've been listening to the sondtrack for days on end now.

Aside from that I was very pleasantly surprised by Sunset's character development and she's by far my favorite character in the movie. I do feel she got shafted a bit, but since in the end it turns out okay for her I'm fine with it, I think.

One negative thing I have to mention is Flash Sentry. I personally feel he has no personality whatsoever. In the first movie, he's just a standard good-looking guy with a guitar who develops an instant crush on the socially awkward new girl and gets brainwashed along with everyone else later. Here...he's exactly the same. He has a crush on Twilight and gets brainwashed. He does nothing to make himself stand out in any way, and yet, apparently, he's deserving of Twilight's attention somehow.

It's a waste, really, because the creators are usually very good at writing characterizations. Just look at Sunset Shimmer, who made a (admittedly somewhat hamfisted) heel-face turn at the end of the movie. She still has to deal with the evil mutterings of the school and she realizes full well what kind of...not very nice person...she's been in the past. It's genuine development, however, where Flash Sentry is still exactly the same. I hope that, if he returns in the series proper, he'll have some character development. I'd hate to see a potentially nice side character relegated to being nothing but looks and a reversed damsel in distress.

preface:  I respect all fans of the show, regardless of their interests or if they enjoy EQG.

THIS IS ME IN RESPONSE TO EQG RELATED MATERIAL:

http://youtu.be/D9DkciMTsLI?t=53s

EQG MATERIAL REMAINS THE BANE OF THE FAN-BASE..  I WILL (STILL) NOT STAND TO SEE MLP SOILED BY THIS ABOMINATION.

I personally think that Rainbow Rocks is better than half the episodes. It's good stuff. 

Merging this with the pinned review thread. 

• Brohoof 1

Finally heard something from Mr. Enter involving when he'll be covering it. I'm surprised, since he didn't even seem to mention it before despite multiple people asking and many other members of the analysis community already covering it, even if it's not much.

I'll get to it. It's just absurdly difficult to review two movies at the same time, and I want to get Elf Bowling done before the holidays are over.

preface:  I respect all fans of the show, regardless of their interests or if they enjoy EQG.

THIS IS ME IN RESPONSE TO EQG RELATED MATERIAL:

http://youtu.be/D9DkciMTsLI?t=53s

EQG MATERIAL REMAINS THE BANE OF THE FAN-BASE..  I WILL (STILL) NOT STAND TO SEE MLP SOILED BY THIS ABOMINATION.

http://youtu.be/CFn5LGcgDv4?t=24s Yeeeeeeaaaahhh......I feel ya. Mostly about Brad though.

Good movie. Bad Brad.

Edited by ovr9000percentcooler

I wish DJ-Pon3 spoke in the movie though. Music to my ears probably got my hopes up (and also the Rainbow Rocks book cover) that she'd be an official cast member for at least the movie! :lol:  :adorkable:

I have a feeling we'll be seeing her speak in the background pony centered episode in Season 5. 

I watched Rainbow Rocks the other day. IMO, it wasn't too bad, but it wasn't that good either. I did however, like the role Vinyl played. It's surprisingly rare for Hasbro to take notice of fan memes and incorporate them into something with plot significance. The "Bass Cannon Car" was probably the most noticeable of these. I kek'd then.

At first I thought it was going to be a disaster, that Hasbro made it only to gain a few more bucks but I was damn wrong. I liked it, the songs, the boss battle, the plot, it was awesome. And the ending scene answered my question that where was the human twilight all this time. And she was a scientist... figures... 

Edited by Snivinerior
  • Brohoof 1

At first I thought it was going to be a disaster, that Hasbro made it only to gain a few more bucks but I was damn wrong. I liked it, the songs, the boss battle, the plot, it was awesome. And the ending scene answered my question that where was the human twilight all this time. And she was a scientist... figures... 

Wasn't the fact there was a human Twilight already confirmed when Pinkie Pie briefly mentioned another at another school?

Damn that's exactly what I thought, I didn't even bother to watch the shorts besides the one with pinkie pie, but like 2 weeks before it was released in theaters I watched the battle of the bands short and I was like "damn, I need to see this"

Wasn't the fact there was a human Twilight already confirmed when Pinkie Pie briefly mentioned another at another school?

yeah, I remembered that and thought of that, but at the time it was just a joke and most people just forgot about it.