Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

(edited)

GTA V looks absolutely gorgeous on PC. I keep finding different things to praise about how good it looks. Probably one of the best looking games on PC this generation. Well, considering it's an open-world game, which depending on the hardware you don't have as much freedom in the visuals as games like CoD or Metro Last Light.

Edited by Celli

(edited)

GTA V looks absolutely gorgeous on PC. I keep finding different things to praise about how good it looks. Probably one of the best looking games on PC this generation. Well, considering it's an open-world game, which depending on the hardware you don't have as much freedom in the visuals as games like CoD or Metro Last Light.

I used to have it on my old PS3 before I sold it. I bought it again for the PC, and it is so much more better looking. I agree with you; it looks amazing.

edit: Say I wanna buy a R9 390 next. Would my Corsair VS 550W PSU be able to handle it?

Edited by Sweetie-Belle
  • Brohoof 1

I am in totally need of help upgrading my PC. My new video card arrived today, but am having difficulties in giving it upgrades. This is my PC and the video card that came in today:

CKIRuYWWgAAPEtB.jpg

I am in totally need of help upgrading my PC. My new video card arrived today, but am having difficulties in giving it upgrades. This is my PC and the video card that came in today:

CKIRuYWWgAAPEtB.jpg

Do you have any bigger pictures of it?

Am using a laptop ATM, so I'll try to post it in a bigger picture. If not, then this is all I could do.  :unsure:

Thanks. I could use a bigger picture, could help me understand what's going on better.

Thanks. I could use a bigger picture, could help me understand what's going on better.

Here it is (I apologize if its not bigger. Laptop doesn't seem to support a higher resolution):

CKId5KnUEAAoiuC.jpg

Here it is (I apologize if its not bigger. Laptop doesn't seem to support a higher resolution):

CKId5KnUEAAoiuC.jpg

Okay, so. Looks like you have the PCI brackets removed, that's good. Now, carefully insert the card into the PCIe slot and secure it in place with a thumbscrew.

Okay, so. Looks like you have the PCI brackets removed, that's good. Now, carefully insert the card into the PCIe slot and secure it in place with a thumbscrew.

Did so, and I hope this is a perfect fit. :o

CKIiriuWsAA_ngr.jpg

(edited)

Its running perfectly well with no issues, and registered the product, but SystemRequirementsLab doesn't seem to recognize my newly-fitted video card, apparently...  :blink:

EDIT: Actually no. My PC doesn't seem to be recognizing the AMD R7 420 graphics card, even though it was properly installed.

Well, this is unfortunate. Not only did my PC failed to recognize my new video card, but it also failed to start up on me as it suddenly stopped working. Freaking. Yay.

Edited by Jon the Bronynerd

Just got my new GPU in today! I got a Geforce GTX 750Ti, and it's doing as well as I want it to. I finally have a smooth 60+ FPS consistently in every game. Now all I need is more RAM, a monitor (I have to hook it up to my TV), and a wireless card since my room doesn't have a router and my parents probably won't want a wire running from the living room to my room.

Just got my new GPU in today! I got a Geforce GTX 750Ti, and it's doing as well as I want it to. I finally have a smooth 60+ FPS consistently in every game. Now all I need is more RAM, a monitor (I have to hook it up to my TV), and a wireless card since my room doesn't have a router and my parents probably won't want a wire running from the living room to my room.

Congrats! I LOVE the 750 Ti. I have one myself and it runs all the games I want it to! 70+ FPS on GTA 5 on high (some even very high) settings.

Anyway, I'm thinking about upgrading sometime near the end of the year. Should I upgrade my CPU or GPU first? Will there be any bottlenecks with a R9 390 and an AMD FX-6300?

So you have the R7 240 working now?

Yup! I was told that I needed to press F10 after booting it up and change the settings in order for my PC to recognize my new video card, and it did in the end.

Yup! I was told that I needed to press F10 after booting it up and change the settings in order for my PC to recognize my new video card, and it did in the end.

By the way... why the R7 240 and not something like a GTX 750 or R7 250?

By the way... why the R7 240 and not something like a GTX 750 or R7 250?

Money reasons, sadly. On the bright side, the R7 240 is efficient enough for me to run PC games with at least the minimum requirements.

Money reasons, sadly. On the bright side, the R7 240 is efficient enough for me to run PC games with at least the minimum requirements.

Hmm, true. And I wasn't criticizing your investments, it's your money, not mine. I was just curious.

• Brohoof 1

Hmm, true. And I wasn't criticizing your investments, it's your money, not mine. I was just curious.

Yeah. I love to get a video card with superior performance, but the more powerful a video card is, the higher the prices are.

Yeah. I love to get a video card with superior performance, but the more powerful a video card is, the higher the prices are.

True, although the trend now seems to be making even high-end GPUs less expensive now. The R9 Fury X and GTX 980 Ti both look pretty nice for $650.

True, although the trend now seems to be making even high-end GPUs less expensive now. The R9 Fury X and GTX 980 Ti both look pretty nice for $650.

Yep, though they're still expensive in my honest opinion, so I had to get one thats under $100. ^^'