Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

Yep, though they're still expensive in my honest opinion, so I had to get one thats under $100. ^^'

GTX 750 Ti regularly goes for $99 or below now. jsyk

• Brohoof 2

The 970 is a fantastic card for about $330. Best price to performance ratio in my opinion. Sure the 980 ti is powerful, but you're not getting that much of an increase. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ugh, I guess I might not be getting my new RAM soon. Obviously USPS fucked up my package, because tracking says "Undeliverable as addressed. Item will be returned if appropriate information is available". Last time I'll use free shipping. Packages shouldn't go through multiple shipping services. I don't give a rat's ass if shipping was free or not. Packages are more likely to be damaged, because now I have to call USPS and make sure it's still there at my local post office, go up and retrieve it so I don't have to waste time having it sent back and having to re-order another 8GB of RAM. Whether or not I get refunded, this is unacceptable. I know my address is correct, because I didn't change it for the last 2 things I ordered on newegg.

Ugh.

Edited by Celli

• 2 weeks later...

0012134_0.jpeg

I recently received Cooler Master V8 GTS... Wow it was much larger than expected and it took me much longer than it should have (3.5 hours) to install it; attaching screws proved to be physically impossible while motherboard was in case so I had to almost completely disassemble and reassemble PC.

• Brohoof 2

If you guys want two free games to get, Steam has Race the Sun free for one day. If you click on Install Game, you can keep it for free. Hurry it's only available this day.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/253030/

Also Bundle Stars is giving EpicGenesis a free Steam key too: http://www.razerzone.com/epigenesis?utm_source=Social_Media&utm_medium=link&utm_campaign=epigenesis

(edited)

Heh, wondered why my Nvidia drivers won't update. Then I realized I don't have Windows 10 yet. :P

Edited by Celli
  • Brohoof 1

Remember me? Well, since I'm now involved with development of a game (well, feedback and suggestions), the need for a PC is greater than it was a few months ago.

This is the build I'm looking into.

It's actually one that was already there, I just added Windows 7, optical drive, and the keyboard. Should I just say "fuck it" and go for it?

Edited by Azure Flare
  • Brohoof 1

Awesome, my new RAM came in, promptly installed and now I have 16 Gigabytes of glorious RAM.

Well, I did it. After beating GTA V, I did the Lester Assassination missions, invested in the stocks, and I have over 1.3 Billion dollars.

Which is going to sit there, not being spent on anything, maybe a super car and an expensive plane here and there, but mostly just a huge pile of cash that looks cool.

Now, I'm going to stop playing story mode for a while, and stick to online.

Got my new keyboard today! Typing from it right now. I love it, the keys are nice and tactile, and pretty quiet.

Anyone looking forward to the 'NightMaps' release of Battelfield 4?

Would add a bit of variety. I look forward to them.

To those who have Windows 10, is it worth upgrading from 7? For now I'm concerned about amount of customization in 10 vs 7... or at least ability to change start menu icon.

Edited by Luna the Great

So I have a 2.6gh dual core centino 4gb ram and 512mb of graphics and 1mb upload speed, is there any hope of me streaming light games like FTL on twitch? I don't know how to set it up.

So I have a 2.6gh dual core centino 4gb ram and 512mb of graphics and 1mb upload speed, is there any hope of me streaming light games like FTL on twitch? I don't know how to set it up.

You won't be able to do much streaming, your specs are a bit low-end, especially for streaming

I loaded up Cities Skylines on my desktop, and it actually works! This is so exciting, I can finally play the game I've been craving for months. It actually runs pretty decently... If you consider 15-30 FPS with a 50k city to be tolerable, which I do considering I've been stuck on integrated graphics all my life.

That was not pleasant to read.

Tell me about it.  :P It will all change soon enough, for in a few months I will hopefully be buying an R9 290 or something similar.

Tell me about it. :P It will all change soon enough, for in a few months I will hopefully be buying an R9 290 or something similar.

Why not spend a around $30 more and get a 290X instead?