Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Nightmare Night Contest

Batbrony

"All entries must be somehow tied to or centered around Nightmare Night, whether comedy, slice of life, romance, horror, adventure, or some other genre."

Alright, so it doesn't have to be the center of attention. Alright, thanks.

• Brohoof 1

I would love to join, but am sadly not good with one shots. So, I will sit idly and will read over some of the stories here

@PonyWithAHat,

Army of D'aaws

:3

Good luck everybody! Can't wait to see who... urm... wins?

• Brohoof 1

Me again! Yay! Can we make a story using a character I created? I really want to use my own character that I carefully created and personalized (or just scrabbled randomly in a notepad when I was bored). :comeatus:  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

I would love to join, but am sadly not good with one shots. So, I will sit idly and will read over some of the stories here

@PonyWithAHat,

Army of D'aaws

:3

Good luck everybody! Can't wait to see who... urm... wins?

eheheh.... you caught me Luna. 

Me again! Yay! Can we make a story using a character I created? I really want to use my own character that I carefully created and personalized (or just scrabbled randomly in a notepad when I was bored). :comeatus:  :catface:

I'm sure you can use OCs as long as the story ties to the holiday of Nightmare Night 

So, when you finish making an account, you just save the story? Man, that must be easy. Derp, lol. B)  :wacko:  :muffins:  :comeatus:  :wau:

after you right the story, you must submit it, in which case it must meet the qualities required to submit the story. which you can read in multiple areas of the website. After you submit it a moderator or proof reader will read through your story and see if it fits the bill then they'll make it visible to the site.

• Brohoof 2

eheheh.... you caught me Luna. 

I'm sure you can use OCs as long as the story ties to the holiday of Nightmare Night 

after you right the story, you must submit it, in which case it must meet the qualities required to submit the story. which you can read in multiple areas of the website. After you submit it a moderator or proof reader will read through your story and see if it fits the bill then they'll make it visible to the site.

Of course I did. I linger everywhere. :3

After you submit it a moderator or proof reader will read through your story and see if it fits the bill then they'll make it visible to the site.

A moderator for the poniverse group? How long does it take for a story to to be judged?

A moderator for the poniverse group? How long does it take for a story to to be judged?

not for poniverse, for the site itself. and it depends. Usually it usually takes anywhere between a half hour to a few days. 

Edited by PonyWithAHat
  • Brohoof 1

I thought each group in fimfiction had their own admins and judged stories that are added. Regardless, does it take a day or two to get a story accepted?

each group does indeed have its own admins and moderators but it's only for that certain group. They can control what stories are on there, but there isn't a approval system with groups. For the site in general the time varies anywhere from instantly to a few days. The size of the story also will determine it as well, being that the stories are approved by real people

• Brohoof 1

The size of the story also will determine it as well, being that the stories are approved by real people

Okay. Thank you. I guess I ought to post it today. I wanted my friend to read it first but he's taking too long. I think with only a few other entries, I have a reasonable chance of winning though.

• Brohoof 1

Whatever you want to write about, it's all up to you, just so long as it doesn't exceed a Teen rating.  :D

I don't have/plan on getting a fimfiction account, but what would be over the teen rating for mlp forums? I have an idea for a fanfic, but I need to know before I start writing it.

I don't have/plan on getting a fimfiction account, but what would be over the teen rating for mlp forums? I have an idea for a fanfic, but I need to know before I start writing it.

Over Teen?  Let's see... gratuitous amounts of gore/overly graphic details, sexual content that goes beyond kissing, fondling/foreplay, or implied activities (again, basically overly graphic sexual content that goes into far too many details, like talking about genitalia, etc.), and anything else that's gratuitous in its mature content, such as with swearing, violence, etc.  So you can still pick mature themes, or have some crass or violent bits here and there; just don't do it too much or go into details that readers might find offensive or disturbing.  That help?  Let me know if you need any more clarification, I'm happy to help.  :)

• Brohoof 1

Over Teen?  Let's see... gratuitous amounts of gore/overly graphic details, sexual content that goes beyond kissing, fondling/foreplay, or implied activities (again, basically overly graphic sexual content that goes into far too many details, like talking about genitalia, etc.), and anything else that's gratuitous in its mature content, such as with swearing, violence, etc.  So you can still pick mature themes, or have some crass or violent bits here and there; just don't do it too much or go into details that readers might find offensive or disturbing.  That help?  Let me know if you need any more clarification, I'm happy to help.  :)

Ok, thanks. The fanfic I had in mind has to much violence,and graphic blood, so I wound be able to write it. At least I didn't post it and get into trouble, so thank you for telling me.

• Brohoof 1

Ok, thanks. The fanfic I had in mind has to much violence,and graphic blood, so I wound be able to write it. At least I didn't post it and get into trouble, so thank you for telling me.

No problem.  If you think of something else that might work, go for it!  Like I said in the OP, we can accept horror fics for this contest; they just need to meet a Teen rating, but I think that's perfectly possible.

• Brohoof 2

Okay. Thank you. I guess I ought to post it today. I wanted my friend to read it first but he's taking too long. I think with only a few other entries, I have a reasonable chance of winning though.

You might not want to start writin your thaank you speech yet. Any of the entries have a chance to win but the math bit relies on how well the story fits the factors. I'm hoping to surprise myself but I'm not expecting much with my "in training" writing skills. Anywho good luck.

• Brohoof 1

You might not want to start writin your thaank you speech yet.

I apologize if my words came across as arrogant. I only meant that with a measly five entries, I have 20% chance of winning which isn't bad. Every one else has the same chance as I do. No more and no less.

• Brohoof 1

I apologize if my words came across as arrogant. I only meant that with a measly five entries, I have 20% chance of winning which isn't bad. Every one else has the same chance as I do. No more and no less.

It's alright was just to make you laugh. Besides the rounded percentge is 16.5 with 6 entries but that's not counting the scoring catagories. We're all a bit excited by the prospect of possible nike.

• Brohoof 1

It's alright was just to make you laugh. Besides the rounded percentge is 16.5 with 6 entries but that's not counting the scoring catagories. We're all a bit excited by the prospect of possible nike.

I see. You added a new one. Good luck. I will read yours today. If you read mine, please leave a review.

Edited by Silver Letter
  • Brohoof 1

Eh why not, it's only fair. I'm not good at reviewing (never done it) so I'll just post my take on it. 

EDIT: Read it and commented. Pretty good story. 

Edited by Cimarronboy
  • Brohoof 1