Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Nightmare Night Contest

Batbrony

What if you can't get a FimFiction account...?

I'm pretty sure Fimfiction doesn't have any sort of age requirement to make an account. Here, click on the link below and you should be able to find out how you can make an account.  It's free and takes about 5 minutes.  :)

http://www.fimfiction.net/faq

• Brohoof 4

If you already put your story in, but yourself(And others) realize, that this could may some work ... can we until dead line rewrite it? I don't plan to change my story completly, but after some users told me that it seems rushed, I wanted to rewrite it, so it's better to read for everypony ^_^:blush::wau:

HOW DO YOU DO THIS IM CONFUZZLED!!!!  :eww: 

I'm terribly sorry if I wasn't clear in the OP, but perhaps you could specify what it is exactly that you don't understand, and then I can help you out better.  :)

If you already put your story in, but yourself(And others) realize, that this could may some work ... can we until dead line rewrite it? I don't plan to change my story completly, but after some users told me that it seems rushed, I wanted to rewrite it, so it's better to read for everypony ^_^:blush::wau:

Sure, but notify me when it's rewritten in case I take a look at it beforehand.

I might enter using my new oc. Surely a villain is the perfect star for a nightmare night related story.

Go for it!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 3

I'm terribly sorry if I wasn't clear in the OP, but perhaps you could specify what it is exactly that you don't understand, and then I can help you out better.  :)

Sure, but notify me when it's rewritten in case I take a look at it beforehand.

Go for it!  :muffins:

Alright how's a story about a villain scaring the foals (or maybe three specific foals and six older mares) using life like ice sculptures of missing townsponies sound? That's pretty much all I can think of using my icy villain and halloween ghost stories as my themes.

Alright how's a story about a villain scaring the foals (or maybe three specific foals and six older mares) using life like ice sculptures of missing townsponies sound? That's pretty much all I can think of using my icy villain and halloween ghost stories as my themes.

Whatever you want to write about, it's all up to you, just so long as it doesn't exceed a Teen rating.  :D

• Brohoof 2

Whatever you want to write about, it's all up to you, just so long as it doesn't exceed a Teen rating.  :D

Got it no gore no clop material..... Glad for the no gore rule, wouldn't want to make too many people hungry lol. 

• Brohoof 2

img-3147011-1-large.png

CITIZENS OF PONIVERSE!!!  WE DESIRE SPLENDID, RIVETING READING MATERIAL FOR OUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!  That holiday of course being... NIGHTMARE NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!  :comeatus: 

To any and all writers of MLP fanfiction, it is my pleasure to announce an exciting opportunity for you all! :proud: Seeing as Poniverse has had a group up and running on Fimfiction for a few months now, we're pleased to inform you all that the Poniverse Fimfiction group is launching its first ever fanfiction contest!

What sort of contest, you may ask? Well, it being October and with Halloween right around the corner, this contest will have a Nightmare Night theme! Here are the contest rules and parameters:

• (1) All entries must be somehow tied to or centered around Nightmare Night, whether comedy, slice of life, romance, horror, adventure, or some other genre.
  • (2) Entries should be no longer than 15,000 words. We'd prefer that all entries be one-shot fics, but if the author requires multiple chapters for their fic, that's fine, so long as the fic does not exceed 15,000 words and is complete upon entry.
  • (3) Entries cannot exceed a Teen rating. We will not accept any Mature rated fics, whether they be Gore fics, Slash fics, Clop fics, etc. That's not to say that you can't enter scary fics (after all, this is for Halloween), but our group has a strict policy of not accepting Mature rated fics. If any Mature rated fics are entered, we will not read or review them.
  • (4) Fics can be submitted to the contest in the folder titled "Nightmare Night Contest Entries".
  • (5) Contestants can enter no more than 1 submission of their own work (and please, do not enter any other author's work into the contest, even if you're doing it for them; if they'd like to enter the contest, they can do so themselves).
  • (6) Entries will be accepted until October 28; after that date, we will accept no new submissions.

We hope to announce the contest winners on October 31, although that date may change depending on whatever real life demands may arise in the next month. The fics that come in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place will be featured on our Fimfiction group and MLP Forums, along with reviews published for each one. In addition, 1st place will receive a free art commission by the artist WanderingSpirit. The piece will be a 1-2 character full art piece with a basic background, and may be whatever the winner desires, whether it be cover art for a fic, or just art of an OC. Check out some of WanderingSpirit's lovely art on her deviantART page here.

We hope this is but the first of many contests hosted by our group, and hope to see some wonderful entries that help get us all into the Nightmare Night spirit!  So get to it writers, and show us what you've got!?  :muffins:

Well, I'm sold. Count one of my fics into the pile of contest you're forming. Best of luck to all else who enter!

• Brohoof 2

Well I truely am intrieged with the concept of the situation, after all, Nightmare Night is what I indeed look forward too every year but I am a little hesitant on making an account on such a sight, I know that viruses and well... less.... appropriate pop ups come up on such sights and would hate to be dragged into it. And what is the reward system because I know you mentioned how they will be featured on the famfiction group but what does this actually entitle to us, will their be a larger reward to us?

not trying to be greedy or anything, I would join the contest any way its just, I would like more clarification of what I'm actually signing up for and if there is a larger reward to us such as being referred to a publishing group etc. and im not interested if I would be able to decline the offer yet hold my position in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

Well I truely am intrieged with the concept of the situation, after all, Nightmare Night is what I indeed look forward too every year but I am a little hesitant on making an account on such a sight, I know that viruses and well... less.... appropriate pop ups come up on such sights and would hate to be dragged into it. And what is the reward system because I know you mentioned how they will be featured on the famfiction group but what does this actually entitle to us, will their be a larger reward to us?

not trying to be greedy or anything, I would join the contest any way its just, I would like more clarification of what I'm actually signing up for and if there is a larger reward to us such as being referred to a publishing group etc. and im not interested if I would be able to decline the offer yet hold my position in 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

It looks like the reward is just getting  featured and some nice artwork, dude. It's a pretty good deal by anyone's standards, I mean seriously, who'd turn down a free commission by a talented artist! But regarding the extra perks, such as the referral to a publishing group, sadly I doubt it, since there isn't much of a literary market for anything that isn't a Twilight fanfic with the names "Eddie" and "Bellsie" swapped out. If that's what your aiming at, maybe writing original fiction would be the way to go?

Not exactly sure what you mean by publishing group. Most PH Editors have a massive slush pile, and prefer working through Literary Agents. You go through the fun loving query letter process. Poniverse is not a licensed LA. Honestly new authors are better served using Kindle Direct Publishing for original fiction. Fan fiction isn't something that gets traditionally published. And Kindle Worlds is the only avenue for that. FiM is not one of their IP's.

Source 17 years experience. :D

• Brohoof 4

I think Jeric and Smokie-Horse already adequately answered some of your other questions concerning the prize, but concerning Fimfiction itself, you need not worry about viruses or it being an unsafe site.  It's a superbly run and well organized website, pristine as far as fanfiction libraries go.  In fact, I'd say it blows Fanfiction.net out of the water, and that website has not only been around longer but is dedicated to housing fanfiction of any type out there, not just for one fandom like Fimfiction.  Yes, people post mature rated fics on Fimfiction, but if you make an account you can actually make it so that mature fics are not even displayed when you browse the site.  So all in all, Fimfiction is a wonderful website that I'd say is just as safe as MLP Forums is.  :catface:

• Brohoof 4

This seems cool! I have always wanted to be a writer! This is my chance to show off what I got! But how do you submit your work? :-)  :muffins:  ^_^  :ph34r: 

(NEW POST): So I just go to the folder that says Nightmare Night contest entries???img-3181338-1-resistanceisfutile.png?

Edited by TwilightDerpy
  • Brohoof 1

This seems cool! I have always wanted to be a writer! This is my chance to show off what I got! But how do you submit your work? :-)  :muffins:  ^_^  :ph34r: 

Well first of all, if you're not a member of Fimfiction already, you'd have to join that site.  Don't worry, it's totally free and takes like five minutes, and the site's very secure itself.  After that, you need to join our group there, Poniverse, and then submit the story to the folder "Nightmare Night Contest Entries".  I'll leave links below for all three:

Fimfiction main page: http://www.fimfiction.net/

Poniverse group: http://www.fimfiction.net/group/204078/poniverse

Nightmare Night Contest Entries Folder: http://www.fimfiction.net/group/204078/folder/34686/1/nightmare-night-contest-entries

Best of luck TwilightDerpy, and hope to see an entry from you!  :muffins:

• Brohoof 3

I think Jeric and Smokie-Horse already adequately answered some of your other questions concerning the prize, but concerning Fimfiction itself, you need not worry about viruses or it being an unsafe site.  It's a superbly run and well organized website, pristine as far as fanfiction libraries go.  In fact, I'd say it blows Fanfiction.net out of the water, and that website has not only been around longer but is dedicated to housing fanfiction of any type out there, not just for one fandom like Fimfiction.  Yes, people post mature rated fics on Fimfiction, but if you make an account you can actually make it so that mature fics are not even displayed when you browse the site.  So all in all, Fimfiction is a wonderful website that I'd say is just as safe as MLP Forums is.  :catface:

I can definitely back this up, being that I've been dwelling on Fimfiction for almost a year now with no problems! The community is bustling and hundreds of new stories are there to keep you on your toes with reading! Or if your quite the author, you can make your own! In fact, fimfic was how I discovered mlpforums  :)

• Brohoof 2

So I finished my story in less than a day. Will be having it looked over, have it approved by Fim:Fic and then submitted. Or can I submit it and still edit it afterwards? :huh:

you are able to edit your submissions at anytime. before and after it is submitted. The mods there will watch for at least decent grammar and make sure your post follows all the writing guidelines before it is visible to the site. Once they approve it, you will get a message saying it's approved. if it fails, you'll get a message telling you it failed and what you need to change. after it is approved however, you will now have the ability to add the story to a group, in this case. You will submit your story to poniverse under the nightmare night contest folder. to do that you simply click the icon on the bottom bar that looks like a small group of people and it will give you the list of groups you in. like I said before, click poniverse, then click the contest folder and you're all set!

@,

Need help Pony with a Hat. Can you give me an example of a short description? Because the FAQ doesn't give me one.

NVM. My story is now in NMN folder. PLEASE READ IT. :wub:  I'm SO EXCITED!!

Edited by NoodleBrony
  • Brohoof 1

Lemme ask, does Nightmare Night have to play a part or can it just be horror?

"All entries must be somehow tied to or centered around Nightmare Night, whether comedy, slice of life, romance, horror, adventure, or some other genre."