Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Would it Take to make you Quit MLP?

Geek0zoid

I don't really know specifically if I think anything will make me quit the show, just when I find that the show no longer feels entertaining to me. 

So them doing something stupid? Or lazy/bad writing? idk? 

I'm pretty easy to please though, so it might take a good bit to make me quit MLP.

I guess they would have to totally ruin the show for me to quit. I am not sure how that could even be done and I do not wish to know. Season four was great and right now, I am hoping for more great episodes next year.

If they killed off Fluttershy, or any of the mane 6 for that matter. Or if any of them(mostly Fluttershy) got into a long term relationship of some sort. I couldn't handle it. :(

I could handle them becoming Alicorns, though that's highly unlikely.

Pretty much nothing short of replacing the cast in a two-parter would make me quit the series.  And I doubt they're going to pull a Power Rangers Turbo.

(edited)

If Rainbow Dash leaves the show.

^ THIS.  A thousand times, this. ^

Also, I wouldn't react well to the Mane 6 being forced into (what pass for) romantic relationships.  Here comes the sarcasm: "Oh, we have these strong, still-developing female personalities that make the show what it is...  I guess they should all totally get boyfriends and possibly marry and probably have children.  THAT is the route they'd all obviously take."  Sarcasm, done.  The ONE exception I would consider making is RainbowPie LOL.  Sometimes I think Pinkie loves RD just that much. xD  She's the only pony on the show that's as obsessive about her as I can be.  Everypony going alicorn would also rub me the wrong way.

Edit: OH, and if I died. xD  I would stop watching the show in the event of my death; though not by choice.

Edited by PegaMister
  • Brohoof 1

Nothing will stop me from watching the show.

BUT!

I will quit the fandom IF and ONLY IF they become an official religion and they would ended up committing heinous crimes in the name of the religion.

(Hey, I might as well as answer "What would it take to leave the fandom?")

Basically what everyone else says. If the show staff jumped shark and it became G3. When it ends, if the show ends on a high note, or doesn't become like Spongebob, I'll still go back to old episodes and stick with the fandom.

Basically what everyone else says. If the show staff jumped shark and it became G3. When it ends, if the show ends on a high note, or doesn't become like Spongebob, I'll still go back to old episodes and stick with the fandom.

Yeah, this.  If it drags on and goes downhill like the Simpsons, or apparently Spongebob (wouldn't really know about that as I don't watch much of it anymore), then I would probably quit watching new ones, but I would always watch my dvds of the previous seasons, and I'm sure I would continue to visit the forums and wear my shirts, etc.  The most likely scenario, given trends these days, is that another company will eventuall buy MLP and then ruin the show, like 343 with Halo and Disney with Star Wars.  But then again, George Lucas doesn't need anyone else to ruin his franchises.  He's pretty good at doing that himself.  Lol, I'm sorry, I get so off topic.  Anyway, if another company buys it and changes it, I would probably stop watching.  We'll just have to savor every bit before that happens.

• Brohoof 2

A MLP Death Squad would put be me off MLP for life D: It'll be like the murdering of the Jews during Nazi invasion. Its not worth dying over and life is to valuable to give up that easy. On the other hand if we were to fight back together I'd probably stick with what I love. We'll form a resistance of MLP fighters to fight these Nazi MLP Death Squads off this planet!

-Crystal Edge

Yeah, this.  If it drags on and goes downhill like the Simpsons, or apparently Spongebob (wouldn't really know about that as I don't watch much of it anymore), then I would probably quit watching new ones, but I would always watch my dvds of the previous seasons, and I'm sure I would continue to visit the forums and wear my shirts, etc.  The most likely scenario, given trends these days, is that another company will eventuall buy MLP and then ruin the show, like 343 with Halo and Disney with Star Wars.  But then again, George Lucas doesn't need anyone else to ruin his franchises.  He's pretty good at doing that himself.  Lol, I'm sorry, I get so off topic.  Anyway, if another company buys it and changes it, I would probably stop watching.  We'll just have to savor every bit before that happens.

Yeah, Spongebob went downhill after the movie. It was meant to end the series after Stephen Hillenburg wanted to end it, but Nick wanted the show to stay.

Constant glorification of Twilight and Rainbow Dash. The purpose of this cartoon was to show the magic of FRIENDSHIP. To show that they're equal and the bond between makes them strong. I love Twi and RD, but it's something what really irritates me and if it'll be continued in the series, then I'm going to quit. 

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Am I the only one ok with the mane 6 becoming alicorns if that was like, the series finale? I mean, that would be a great way to end the series! Each one of the mane 6 becomes alicorns after having an entire season dedicated to each of them mastering their special talents, then maybe for like the first part of the end of the series they could all go live at different parts of the world only to reunite at the 2nd parter after like, I don't know, all the major villains up to this point come together to destroy the mane 6. Cheesy & cliched, sure, but I think that would lead to an awesome finale! That & the whole shipping thing really doesn't bother me... Again, if it was something at the very end, I don't think it would be that bad. I mean, this show is basically a slice of life style show, & relationships are a slice of life. Why not pull relationships at the end? Of course, they would have to do it right, but I think the writers can pull it off. They have pulled off tons of crazy stuff before. I don't see why not let the girls grow & mature & have a family. Heck, I think by all of us saying we don't want them to have families that is quite rude towards these creatures. I mean, would you want to never be allowed to marry or have children? Well, those who want to have a family & children, of course. I understand some don't want too, & that is fine. But these are characters in a universe we cannot control, & if at the very end of Generation 4 they all mature, have families, & become alicorns I don't think I would be so upset... It would be a nice little bow to wrap everything up, not to mention we would get to see adorable fillies & colts from the mane 6 :D

I already said what would cause me to stop watching the show, & simply put it is just doing something truly dumb. Just, I don't even know what they would have to do it, but it would have to be something seriously drastic to just go "Whelp, I am done here. The plot holes are too big (*badumtish*) for me to handle, I am going to go cry in a corner & wonder what my life has become."

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi

I don't really watch the show anymore, so I guess my interest level.  I still consider it to be a great show, and the fandom's cool, but I just lost interest in the show.