Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What Would it Take to make you Quit MLP?

Geek0zoid

I don't really care what direction the writers take with the show. I've enjoyed what has been thrown at us so far, both the show and Equestria Girls.

Even when the show ends I'll be watching re runs till the day I die.

• Brohoof 1

Nothing.

I don't whine and ragequit a show/game just because something occurred that I didn't like.

This guy gets it. I wouldn't stop watching the show unless they did something extremely stupid, like put in little Wayne, or have everyone start making shitty pop songs.
  • Brohoof 3

It would take a lot, as others said, for them to replace the writers with terrible ones, and, just ruin the show. Maybe when the show ended, and possibly if they ever did CGI animation, even then I'd at least try to watch it but, I don't think they'd do that, it'd be pretty risky and they'd prob loss a lot of fans (and $$$$) if they ever pulled something like that.

(edited)

A year ago I asked the same question.

There was also a poll and I think you can still vote there. I wish would have added an "getting tired of show" option somewhere because after doing a research on TV shows in general, it turned out that people are more likely to gradually lose all interest in a show rather than drop it after a change they didn't like.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/60523-what-will-take-it-for-you-to-actually-leave-the-fandom/

The thread has 73 replies.

18 participants haven't logged in for at least 4 months.

16 participants didn't have any activity in 2014.

Generally people who haven't been active for more than 3 months are unlikely to ever come back.

Edited by MadPointer

If Hasbro went all scorched-earth with the C&D stuff, shutting down fimfiction.net and basically any fan-made material.  I happen to rather like fanfics and stuff, and I'd have a hard time supporting a company that would want to squash creativity like that.

• Brohoof 1

This guy gets it. I wouldn't stop watching the show unless they did something extremely stupid, like put in little Wayne, or have everyone start making shitty pop songs.

Yeah, I'm really not liking some of the latest music like in the season 4 because it has Pop written all over it, but I still loved it even though it took some turns that I wasn't such a fan of. A show not going your way shouldn't be so upsetting as to stop watching it entirely.

(edited)

They'd really have to fuck up badly.

For example, if they got writers like most of the other kids shows out there, I might not watch the show. (It doesn't exactly mean I'm leaving the fandom, though.)

I wouldn't even stop watching it at gunpoint.

Well, I wouldn't say that...

This, definitely.

Imagine if all of the songs were rap?

Edited by RailOfFire

(edited)

To be fair I sorta quit MLP after Twilight Time. I just got bored of it. Maybe I'll return to catch up someday.

Sadly I have to agree with this.

Being a fan of something can really take a lot out of you, especially if the main character has already completed what needed to be done. Sort of like a cool down.

I still like the show. I'm just taking a little break from the SHOW, no the fandom.

Edited by TheDarkMysteryMan

That is a really good question.

Tbh, I don't even know. Probably when all of them become alicorns or other bs like that.

Lets just say, when hasbro bucks up badly...

Sadly I have to agree with this.
Being a fan of something can really take a lot out of you, especially if the main character has already completed what needed to be done. Sort of like a cool down.
I still like the show. I'm just taking a little break from the SHOW, no the fandom.

Sometimes I feel the opposite. Take a break from the FANDOM and carry on watching the show.

• Brohoof 1

I will NEVER stop watching the show. Even if it ended I would buy all the season dvds and watch them at home. I'd definitely still collect all the merchandise. I wouldn't care what anyone thought.

My Little Pony FOREVER!!!

If MLP ever got political, then I would defiantly consider quitting, with that said that is about the only thing that would make me consider it.

If MLP ever got political,

Twilight: "But Fluttershy, eminent domain allows the government to give private property to other private entities in order to provide for the benefit of society."

Fluttershy: "They get my cottage over my dead body."

• Brohoof 1

Twilight: "But Fluttershy, eminent domain allows the government to give private property to other private entities in order to provide for the benefit of society."

Fluttershy: "They get my cottage over my dead body."

Wait, was that in the comics? And in any case at least Flutters basically said screw them! :yay:

(edited)

No, that is something I just made up. The comics are usually good but they don't do anything political.  

Yea, I was going to say, I did not hear that in the show and they defiantly wouldn't use the word "dead" in such a way in the actual show. Though I could imagine Flutters going over the top is something like that happened.

Edited by 0blivion

I wouldn't really "quit" MLP per say, but possibly fade out of it. 
How this would happen is if the show is running out of ideas, and give us bronze instead of gold. I know there is always going to be those episodes that aren't so pitch perfect, but if you want a show to be successful, it must stay with the program!

Actually I thought about it, and I want to redo my reasons to quit MLP if they ever occur.

-Put another alicorn in the show.

-Make that alicorn a male one.

-Make anymore of the Mane 6 into alicorns.(Yeah I hate alicorns)

-Put in rap from no good artists.

-Getting bought off by Disney.