Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite firearm?

Vox

A simple question for all fellow gun geeks out there. What's your favorite firearm? Be it for appearance or performance is irrelevant.

This does NOT concern video game weapons, so please, refrain from referring to them.

Note: I'd greatly appreciate a reason for your liking towards a particular gun.

Edited by VoxPolice
  • Brohoof 2

Crude, but effective...

Great. Now you're giving me World at War feels.

It's an influence, but I liked bolt-actions before COD existed. My grandpa was in the Army and was one of the top shooters. He fired bolt-actions more than anything.

• Brohoof 1

It's an influence, but I liked bolt-actions before COD existed. My grandpa was in the Army and was one of the top shooters. He fired bolt-actions more than anything.

True. I was, however, lucky enough to hold an AMR-2 from my uncle in the military. Had one shot from it. The most badass feeling I've ever had.

• Brohoof 1

True. I was, however, lucky enough to hold an AMR-2 from my uncle in the military. Had one shot from it. The most badass feeling I've ever had.

I haven't shot any of my grandpas guns because they are worth a good sum of money today. He owned a customized long-barrel pistol prototype built for him specifically. I held it several times and I wished I could fire it but I won't. We also have some western revolvers, a simple 12 gauge and most likely a Winchester rifle as well. They're locked up so I haven't checked for sure.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't shot any of my grandpas guns because they are worth a good sum of money today. He owned a customized long-barrel pistol prototype built for him specifically. I held it several times and I wished I could fire it but I won't. We also have some western revolvers, a simple 12 gauge and most likely a Winchester rifle as well. They're locked up so I haven't checked for sure.

Ah, classic pieces of americana, aren't they? Absolutely love it.

• Brohoof 1

Ah, classic pieces of americana, aren't they? Absolutely love it.

Yeah the thing is though, back in the day we were robbed and people stole a ton of guns he owned, so he had a lot more than that. It'll be a little family heirloom I suppose. :)

• Brohoof 1

Yeah the thing is though, back in the day we were robbed and people stole a ton of guns he owned, so he had a lot more than that. It'll be a little family heirloom I suppose. :)

Worth a goodly amount of green, I imagine?

Sad to hear it. Losing that much history must be horrible.

Edited by Sasponential
  • Brohoof 1

Worth a goodly amount of green, I imagine?

Yeah but I doubt we'll possibly sell them. It'll be handed down in the family and maybe accepted in a museum one day in the future, who knows. ;)

Yeah but I doubt we'll possibly sell them. It'll be handed down in the family and maybe accepted in a museum one day in the future, who knows. ;)

I see. 

You know, I just noticed that the creator of this thread hasn't posted once. 

lel

I see. 

You know, I just noticed that the creator of this thread hasn't posted once. 

lel

Check again silly, of course they have. Haha!

When I was in the army I was stuck with an m4 carbine which for all intensive purposes I was not a fan. My personal preference was Ironicaly our enemys choice weapon, the good ol AK-47. For one the m4 would jam constantly due to the dust and grit from the enviroment ,where as the AK you could bury that thing in the mud dig it up later and would fire just fine. Also the m4 used a 5.56 round which does not have much stopping power as compared to the AK 7.62 round which can knock people on there ass lol. So yeah hands down spray-K 47 is the way to go.

• Brohoof 3

When I was in the army I was stuck with an m4 carbine which for all intensive purposes I was not a fan. My personal preference was Ironicaly our enemys choice weapon, the good ol AK-47. For one the m4 would jam constantly due to the dust and grit from the enviroment ,where as the AK you could bury that thing in the mud dig it up later and would fire just fine. Also the m4 used a 5.56 round which does not have much stopping power as compared to the AK 7.62 round which can knock people on there ass lol. So yeah hands down spray-K 47 is the way to go.

But with a 7.62, your compromising accuracy, and in fact, 5.45 has more stopping power in total due to the "tumbling" nature of the round. I've always preferred more accurate and precise firer arms over big brash and robust brute weapons like AKM variants.

• Brohoof 2

But with a 7.62, your compromising accuracy, and in fact, 5.45 has more stopping power in total due to the "tumbling" nature of the round. I've always preferred more accurate and precise firer arms over big brash and robust brute weapons like AKM variants.

You make a valid point. Unfortunatley I was fighting in an urban enviroment (Baghdad)  so most of my encounters with the friendly neighborhood insurgents were alot more up close then I would have preffered therfore long distance acuracy was not exactly something that played an important role. Having said that though you are correct the accuracy of the larger more brutish rifles leave much to be desired.

• Brohoof 1