Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Does Cerberus have an owner?

RagingTwilight

I was watching "It's About Time" while eating dinner, and something Spike said caught me off guard. The quote in question happens during the scene when Twilight's face is cut by the letter from Celestia(?) that turns out to be a "dog flyer." Here's the quote: "What's the big deal? It's just a dog flier. I guess the princess hasn't heard we found Cerberus yet."

Is the dog in question Cerberus? If so, would this mean that Cerberus has an owner? Possibly Celestia herself? What do you guys think? It may not be that big a deal to some, but I'd find it quite humorous if Celestia was the owner of a gigantic three-headed dog-monster.

The thing I'm concerned about is how unconcerned they are about going to the deepest pits of Hell in the old legends...

(edited)

the Pony Devil, or if they want to be super awesome about it, the Jersey Devil

half-devil, half-horse, half-warthog, half-dragon, half-moose?

Posted Image

omg this is pretty much Discord. Just hit me.

Edited by Doctor XFizzle
  • Brohoof 3

Yeah, I just find it amusing that Celestia would send out a flier for Cerberus, should he be the dog in question. It's like she thinks it's just another dog, yet the people of Ponyville ran for their lives when he started attacking the town. I don't think anyone else (besides maybe Fluttershy) would think of Cerberus as a dog.

Yeah, I just find it amusing that Celestia would send out a flier for Cerberus, should he be the dog in question. It's like she thinks it's just another dog, yet the people of Ponyville ran for their lives when he started attacking the town. I don't think anyone else (besides maybe Fluttershy) would think of Cerberus as a dog.

In all seriousness, I think that was intended, on Celestia's part, to be something akin to her sending the Mane Six out to deal with that dragon from Dragonshy. They do seem to be something of a task force to be sent on missions like that on occasion, so sending them to track down Cerberus would make sense.

Especially since, as the Elements of Harmony, they'd probably have the best chance of taking down any evil creature that might have escaped Tartarus during Cerberus' absence.

What I really wonder about though is why Cerberus got loose in the first place...why did he abandon his post, as it were?

(edited)

Maybe it is Celestia's, Cerberus is meant to guard Tartarus from anyone trying to enter or get out.

But if they're going by Greek mythology maybe that means the titans/Gods are in pony lore as well?

Is Chronos in the pits of Equestria'sTartarus, is Atlas punished to hold up the world? And if so does that mean

Celestia = Apollo and Luna = Selene? :x I don't wanna think about it though, I'm having a brain fart right now...

Edited by Gizmo

In all seriousness, I think that was intended, on Celestia's part, to be something akin to her sending the Mane Six out to deal with that dragon from Dragonshy. They do seem to be something of a task force to be sent on missions like that on occasion, so sending them to track down Cerberus would make sense.

Especially since, as the Elements of Harmony, they'd probably have the best chance of taking down any evil creature that might have escaped Tartarus during Cerberus' absence.

What I really wonder about though is why Cerberus got loose in the first place...why did he abandon his post, as it were?

Yeah, I'm curious as to why he left, too. And if he has an owner, why would said owner just let him run all around Equestria terrorizing the pony folk.

And you may be right about Celestia writing that note to possibly mobilize the mane 6 to go find him. I know we've already had one episode where the go on a quest to find some big monster (Dragonshy,) but I think finding Cerberus would have made for a cool episode in itself.

• Brohoof 3

Cereberus is owned by this guy:

Posted Image

Sorry, couldn't resist!

I read the title of the thread and was about to post something like that, then I saw your post xD
  • Brohoof 2

the Pony Devil, or if they want to be super awesome about it, the Jersey Devil

half-devil, half-horse, half-warthog, half-dragon, half-moose?

Posted Image

omg this is pretty much Discord. Just hit me.

Did someone say moose?