Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can Alicorns be Killed?

Dsanders

yes alicorns are immortal but they can be killed but is harder

Or certain alicorns just age very slowly. Could be natual born Alicorns such as Celestia and Luna live thousands of years if left unharmed by brute force, or other things harmful to organic life.

While transformed Alicorns live as long or a little longer than a non Alicorn ponies. It has been stated by Meghan McCarthy that Twilight wont outlive her friends.

Edited by GXPBlast

It's possible. 

The thing is, it would take a HUGE amount of magic to do so...perhaps something even greater than the Elements of Harmony. Nonethless, we've seen Celestia ALMOST knocked out by Chrysalis. It would have to be almost a dark version of the Elements of Harmony to kill an alicorn realistically speaking in Equestria. 

I don't think it's been dealt with anywhere in the canon, but I believe Lauren Faust said that her intention was the alicorns are not immortal. Born alicorns age a lot slower than other ponies, giving them a natural life span of many thousands of years. Though this doesn't rule out them dying from non-age-related causes, like falling off a cliff.

Twilight and Cadence are not born alicorns though. Twilight was originally a unicorn; Cadence a pegasus. Therefore they age at the normal pony speed.

I know that was you said was just an example, but, falling off a cliff? They got wings lol

Alicorns are actually made by having parents of pegasus and unicorn (celestia and lunas mom and dad were not alicorns). The fact that they live so long is cause they became the spirits of the sun and moon when they got their cutimarks, which is why they live on for so long. They can thou, be killed

candence and twilight were just made in to alicorns through magic.