Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming GTA Gaming Theory: Carl Johnson is DEAD?

CosmicHooves

GTA: San Andreas and GTA: V both take place far apart from each other in terms of timespan.

Now at the end of San Andreas, you've pretty much wiped out all of the other rival gangs and took over all the territories. (or at least that's what you at least have to do toget 100% completion.

So with that being said, you'd think in V that there would be no Ballas or Vagos hangin' around Los Santos.

Well what made me scratch my head is the fact that there actually ARE Ballas and Vagos in Los Santos.

Allot of them!

It's like the whole game of San Andreas never happened!

So I decided to do research on this mystery.

One gaming theory came up, on the GTA Wiki.

http://gta-myths.wikia.com/wiki/CJ%27s_Ghost

CJ was possibly dead.

It makes so much sense!

If CJ had died after all the shit had went down in San Andreas, possibly there would be no one to stop the rival gangs from getting back together again.

Also at the begining on one of Franklin's first missions, while you're driving back down to Grove Street, your friend (forgot the name) mentions Denise who was your first girlfriend from San Andreas.

From what I heard about her, it sounded like she'd been going through a mid-life crisis, as if something BAD had happened.

Possibly a DEATH.

Possibly CJ's death?

Who knows?

Please feel free to share your thoughts.

I remember listening to a radio Advert, about a rich guy living in San Andreas.Something like "Gangland gangster turned millionaire" or similar...There were some hints that it was CJ. Also, If you watch the TV, I think he can be seen in a commercial for something on it. He could also be seen in a GTA IV ad on TV. I'm not 100% sure it's him or not, but things tend to be pointing to yes, it is him. So I think he's still, very much alive, he's just gotten out of the gang stuff.

Games before GTA IV are in another dimension, therefore everything from San Andreas didn't happen in GTA V, those are just Easter eggs and references to the old games, so yeah, CJ is like dead but not dead (0_0) anyways I still want a San Andreas stories or San Andreas 2 xD

GTA V and GTA San Andreas take place in different universes.

Maybe the games took place in different universes/dimensions...

CJ Is neither Dead or Alive,After all the 3D Universe and HD Universe are not the same.By the way,Theres a Man resembling CJ in a gta 4 poster: img-3354434-1-Fruntalot-GTAIV.png

I'm not sure where you're getting this from.

Who said this?

Did Rockstar say this?

I think not.

It's just another theory of the GTA fandom.

In my mind every single GTA game takes place in the same universe.

Who said this?

Did Rockstar say this?

I think not.

I wrote "maybe". It is pure speculation. 

Who said this?

Did Rockstar say this?

I think not.

No, it's pretty much true. And besides GTA V and 4 don't reference any events in the ps2 games. It's not a theory. I'm pretty sure Rockstar have confirmed it too.

No, it's pretty much true. And besides GTA V and 4 don't reference any events in the ps2 games. It's not a theory. I'm pretty sure Rockstar have confirmed it too.

Ok, if Rockstar did confirm it, I'd like to see some proof.

You can try as hard as you possibly can to convince me.

You can say "It's not a theory, it's a fact" all you want.

But until I see some hard evidence that the games take place in different dimensions, I won't believe you.

Also you're actually wrong.

If you had read the article that I had posted, you would find that there is indeed little references to CJ in both IV and V.

Edited by Emerald Starlight

It's been awhile since I played it, but I'm pretty sure The Ballad of Gay Tony has a cameo from the main character in GTA Vice City.

But until I see some hard evidence that the games take place in different dimensions, I won't believe you.

If you had read the article that I had posted, you would find that there is indeed little references to CJ in both IV and V.

Proof? Ok, this is from a Q&A they did before gta v came out:

http://www.nowgamer.com/gta-5-hd-universe-not-the-same-as-san-andreas-rockstar/

• Brohoof 1

What I want to know is if Red Dead Redemption takes place in the same universe. It's got pretty much the same style, tone, and sense of humor of the GTA games, so I could see it.

It's been awhile since I played it, but I'm pretty sure The Ballad of Gay Tony has a cameo from the main character in GTA Vice City.

Yeah, a cameo, nothing more.

And this is the Q&A in question, (scroll down to see) after "Other characters"http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/19861/grand-theft-auto-iii-your-questions-answered-part-one-claude-dar.html

Also, I said events, I didn't say they don't reference characters. I know the cameo in "Hood Safari"

the GTA series is set in 3 different universes; 2D, 3D, and HD. if they are somewhat the same universe, explain why Liberty City in IV is completely different to III, or Los Santos in San Andreas was linked to Red County, not Blaine County like in V. sure the HD universe game will reference their past games, but they do that with all of their titles; the Red Dead series, Manhunt, and Midnight Club

Just because HD Universe is different from 3D Universe doesn't mean the games don't tie in with each other. I mean, in GTA 4 you could clearly see the old Mafia house (name escapes me) near the childrens playground on the last island to be opened. Also, Lazlo has been in every GTA game since 3. There are a couple theories in my mind why the Ballers are back, in spite of ridding them. One could be that the developers didn't care about that detail since there are other things they needed to work on, or they overlooked that detail so they could give Franklin a story instead of him working at Simeon's until Michael orders him to plow through it. 

CJ would most likely be relocated to Liberty City via a Witness Protection Program. Sure, they killed John Marston and Johnny Klubitz in the other Rockstar games....but Johnny was just DLC and John's death made sense. They wouldn't kill off CJ(even in later games) since he was such a major success for them.

Though, I could be wrong.

Also waiting for GTA: San Andreas Stories.

in the first mission I don't think they even go to Groove Street they start at Del Perro, then they drive around Morningwood, Rockford Hills, and the Downtown Area before they reach Simon's.... then after that they head to Franklin's house which is in the northern parts of South Los-Santos

but enough about the location simple mistake its a big map and anyone could of confused the two streets here is my evidence to prove your theory to be faulty

Denise which is Franklin's Aunt first of all her last name is Clinton like Franklin's not Jonson

second Denise's last name in San Andreas is Robinson and in V its Clinton

and third my strongest piece of evidence San Andreas takes place in 1992 and V takes place in 2013 a 11 year difference and if you ever looked at Denise in San Andreas she looks like she is in her 20s and the one in V looks like she is in her late 40s see the difference

this proves they are not the same person but doesn't prove that CJ is still alive for all we know he could be dead or in jail, something happened on Groove Street to cause the Balla's to take over and the Vargos to expand with them leaving the GSF with practically nothing maybe Rockstar will shine some light on this in the future..... maybe they won't.....

also I give you props for this theory I almost believed it myself until I started thinking real hard about it, Rockstar has used characters in GTA V from other GTA's like Johnny, Niko, Packie, and Rocko so I can see why you thought they were the same person

Edited by Snowflake Frostflame
  • Brohoof 1

Also waiting for GTA: San Andreas Stories.

At this point, I think that would be kind of redundant. V only came out last year, and it wouldn't make sense to make it in 6th gen graphics. Though, I question why Rockstar hadn't done it after VCS.

What I want to know is if Red Dead Redemption takes place in the same universe. It's got pretty much the same style, tone, and sense of humor of the GTA games, so I could see it.

I heard somewhere that it takes place in the HD universe. Apparently for GTA 6, one of the protagonists would be a descendant of John Marston.