Does anyone else use the squee sound for text messages?

Cirrus.

A while back I was being annoyed by my boss' annoying clown horn or whistle text noise. I randomly started thinking what would be a good sound to make on my phone.

I thought of the perfect sound... :squee:

The squee sound!

The good thing is that no one really knows where it's from unless they actually watched the show.

If you have a dog, it might be a problem though. :catface:

Edited by steve88
  • Brohoof 2

post-24370-0-50818200-1417635705.jpg

Rainbow Rocks... at least how it could've looked... in a stranger, more interesting dimension :lol:

For those who are wondering, Twilight is chewing bubble gum.

Original Artwork: http://inkypsycho.deviantart.com/art/Do-Ya-Thing-by-Gorillaz-Ponified-487082864

If you get the app "Zedge" if you have an Android device, you can probably search something like "MLP Ringtones" under the "Notifications" category. I believe I've found it before. c:

My phone accepts mp3's for ringtones/notification sounds, so I edit my own.

I still have a slide keyboard phone that's not even android- so it's kind of a miracle that I can even do that. :lol:

I have the unsolved mysteries intro for my ringtone. Everyone's always like, "Oh that's awesome! Is that the X-files?"

• Brohoof 2

Rainbow Rocks... at least how it could've looked... in a stranger, more interesting dimension :lol:

Original Artwork: http://inkypsycho.deviantart.com/art/Do-Ya-Thing-by-Gorillaz-Ponified-487082864

I've had the squee as my text and notifications tone for the last year and a half. Other students at my university tend to guess that it's a crying baby (UBC doesn't have a lot of pony fans)...  :( But, my friends are familiar with it and it adds a bit of silly fun to every text and email I get.

At BronyCAN, on the other hand, this was hardly an original idea. Half the squees I heard there were not from my own phone.  :dash:

I still have a slide keyboard phone that's not even android- so it's kind of a miracle that I can even do that. :lol:

My experience with non-smartphones has largely been positive: my old Nokia 3500 had full support for custom ringtones and a surprisingly nice music player, too - I enjoyed that phone's core features more than those in the hand-me-down iPhone 3G that replaced it. One of the advantages of using older tech is that newer versions of it can be very refined.

• Brohoof 4

Twilight SIG 8.png

Signature credit: Kyoshi

I have the unsolved mysteries intro for my ringtone. Everyone's always like, "Oh that's awesome! Is that the X-files?"

Aw man! Well I'm sure you can download a music file, like from the link above a few of these posts from YouTube, right? c:

img-19146-1-img-19146-1-1453448403613.gif

My OC, Starlight. (Better than Starlight Glimmer):

http://i.imgur.com/RefDHIL.png

I use a squee sound when PelleK tweets. My phone sends me a text message when he makes a tweet on twitter... and my phone has squeed about five times today. 8D So far though, it has not bugged anyone... except me. XD But it's totally worth it because it explains my feels for PelleK. <3

x Haruhi Suzumiya x

sig-29620.3QzBPgp.jpg

goddess of the world

twitter

I've considered it. Installed a big MLP soundboard on my phone and randomly play sounds from it when situations permit. Might as well do that. Doubt anyone else would know what it is though. :P

I've heard Feld0's while in Skype calls with him more times than I can count.  :wacko:

• Brohoof 2

sig-6104.5e1fEdB.png

Kyoshi made this ^^

Come join us on

Equestria.tv on Fridays at 6 PM Eastern for our weekly movie nights!

Aw man! Well I'm sure you can download a music file, like from the link above a few of these posts from YouTube, right? c:

That's what I do. I record audio off of YouTube or get a song off of my iTunes and edit it down. Then I put it on a microSD card as an mp3.

The squee sound I edited is here

sq.mp3

• Brohoof 1

For the last few months, I had the squee as my text notification sound. I have since changed it to a cheery 'Okie Dokie Lokie' to accompany my ringtone, (which is Pinkie's Parasprite Polka). :squee: