Windows 7 vs Window 8

Dsanders

Stay with Windows 8.1. Your laptop is a touch screen and 8 was made for them. Windows 7 sucks on touch screens, seriously.

Also finding drivers might be a pain. The 8 drivers will probably work but still. Lenovo won't help you with that.

The biggest complaint I hear from people about 8, 99% of the time its the lack of a start menu. Install Classic Shell and don't look back.

Actually I had Windows 7 on a touchscreen desktop, and it worked just fine :P But that was before Windows 8 so it's different :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Running Windows 8 isn't particularly different than Windows 7 for the average user. Everything works the same as long as you are always in the Desktop area. it functions almost exactly the same as any other Windows computer. All the app nonsense doesn't even have to be used.

Actually I had Windows 7 on a touchscreen desktop, and it worked just fine :P But that was before Windows 8 so it's different :squee:

Fair enough. All those touch gestures that made me hate navigating Windows 8 with a mouse do make a lot of sense on a touchscreen though. The tiles are much easier to hit than small window resize icons and the such.

• 8 years later...

Windows 7 easily. I can't even begin to describe the amount of instant regret I had when I updated to Windows 8. :maud: