Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Bloodlines (SoL/Dark Mystery RP) [Still Recruiting] Now With Updated OOC!

SilverHeart

Awesome!

Oh, and what she has in her saddle bags are, three dresses, four different colored scarfs for wrapping up her mouth, three spare notepads, a large pack of pencils and a pencil sharpener.

• Brohoof 1

Name: Silver Staff

Profile: http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/silver-staff-r7688

Roleplay: This is my first RP on the forums, but I've started roleplaying on servers last year.

Inventory: Toothbrush, bits, (Money) suit, glasses, notepad and pen.

Hobbies: Playing the piano, writing songs and messes around with objects to invent tools and such.

Thanks for your time!!! :)

This sounds like a fun RP that's had a lot of thought put into it, so I'd like to join too! I think both of my OCs would work well, so I'll apply with both of them.

Aero Wind: Link to profile

Inventory: Saddlebags with paper and quill, a small anemometor (device which measures wind speed, which his cutie mark shows), some research papers to read in spare time and about 20 bits

Possible skills: Being a meteorologist (weather scientist), he understands the weather better than most ponies. If bad weather was approaching, Aero would be able to tell sooner than the others, so he can warn them. He would also know what measures to take to prevent such weather from reaching the mansion (pegasi can affect the weather, after all), or at least what precautions to take to remain safe during it. He's also rather knowledgeable about most other areas of science, but since he specializes in weather, he wouldn't be too helpful with anything else unless they need some science trivia.

Shadowhide: Link to profile

Inventory: Saddlebags with the invitation letter (so it can be used as evidence if she needs), her detective's badge, a miniature chess set for recreation and about 100 bits.

Possible skills: She is very analytical and logical, and is quick to become suspicious of others if she thinks they're acting strangely. If somepony is hiding something, she may be among the first to suspect them. One of her unique spells allows her to make hoofprints (like ponified fingerprints) near her glow to reveal where somepony has stepped, which is useful if somepony needs to know who's gone where. It would also help her if she wants to investigate what somepony's been doing if she thinks they're acting suspiciously. It won't be easy to lie to her, and if she thinks it's likely somepony's hiding something, she will go to great lengths to find out what it is.

And here's some references. I tried to get a variety of them, so you can see how I RP with both of my OCs in different situations.

http://mlpforums.com/topic/111405-the-shocking-turnabout/ (A group RP with both Shadowhide and Aero Wind, but predominately Shadowhide. This post in particular is a long one with lots of interaction between the two, which I think is a good example of my RP ability)

http://mlpforums.com/topic/104878-shooting-with-anala-1x1-between-rainbow-eclipse-and-fortytwo42/ (A 1x1 with Aero Wind)

http://mlpforums.com/topic/109160-how-far-would-you-go-1x1-between-rainbow-eclipse-and-fortytwo42/ (A 1x1 with Shadowhide. Aero Wind is used briefly at first)

http://mlpforums.com/topic/101662-a-new-friend-rp-topic/page-10 (A group RP with Aero Wind. I joined midway on page 10)

http://mlpforums.com/topic/109172-casual-character-development-rp/ (An advanced group RP with Shadowhide)

Once Scribbler gets back on and we have a few minutes to discuss the characters well let yall know. Sorry about the wait. Considering the number of character we will probably start tomorrow or the day after.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to this RP!

Shadowhide definitely sounds like the type to get herself deeply involved in the mystery. Aero Wind on his own would probably wouldn't become that involved in the mystery, but since he's close friends with Shadowhide, she'd probably drag Aero into whatever she's gotten involved in, getting Aero very involved too.

@@Golbez,

Those two seem like complete opposites! Cherry is very excitable and usually shows her emotions, and Shadowhide is very reserved and usually hides her emotions. I imagine it'll be hard for those two to get along. And if Shadowhide ever ends up the 'victim' of one of Cherry's pranks... Anyway, I look forward to see how those two will interact in the RP!

@@FortyTwo42,

That, I look forward to seeing when things get into the Horror mystery side of things. :umad:
It won't take all that long to get into something, there's plenty in the town of Bloodwell to explore, and you'll soon come to find all of it's strange little quirks.

Those two seem like complete opposites! Cherry is very excitable and usually shows her emotions, and Shadowhide is very reserved and usually hides her emotions. I imagine it'll be hard for those two to get along. And if Shadowhide ever ends up the 'victim' of one of Cherry's pranks... Anyway, I look forward to see how those two will interact in the RP!

Hey, you never know. Sometimes opposites attract. Usually it's a love/hate relationship though. lol

APPLICATIONS CLOSED!

We now have 9 players, which is actually over our initially intended number, and count 10 OCs, not including mine. We will begin the RP very soon. SilverHeart and I just have a couple more loose ends to tie before we post the thread.

Thanks everyone, for showing your interest in the RP, we both hope you enjoy what you see in the coming story!

----------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Midnight Scribbler
  • Brohoof 3

@@SilverHeart, @, @@Evilshy, @@FortyTwo42, @@Golbez, @@Silver Staff, @@Gloomfury, @@Scribblegroove,@@Windbreaker, @@FirstPonySpectre,

Ok everyone, the RP is now open, feel free to post when ready!

Just a side note, for those of you who may not do this, but for long RP posts. I suggest using a text file to back your posts up before clicking send. There's been a lot of 504 errors lately. Last thing you want is to type out a 2000 character post and lose the whole thing.

#protips from Scribbler that you may or may not already use. :P

Anyways, without further hold up! BE FREE!! *casts players into fantasy world of multicoloured ponies*
Bloodlines RP thread

Edited by Midnight Scribbler
  • Brohoof 1

I'm noticing most players are starting their RP posts by typing their character name bolded and in colour, and then using that colour whenever the character speaks. This isn't how I typically RP, but I think it makes the posts easier to read, so I'll start doing that too now.  :) Besides, I've noticed I'm the only one using two OCs, so my posts will probably benefit the most from using different colours for different characters. I'll use the bolded names as an indicator of which OC's point of view I'm writing from at the time.

Also, I've noticed a part of the first post that makes it seem like applications are still open. You might want to change that:

Bloodlines Reboot RP OOC/application thread

Applications are subject to approval before joining. Please read through the OOC carefully before applying.
Applications are closed, RP is now in progress.

Edit: Is this green too bright? I feel it's the colour that best represents Aero Wind, and this green is already taken by Emerald Gaze, but I'm worried the colour is too bright to read against a white background easily.

Edited by FortyTwo42
  • Brohoof 2

@@FortyTwo42,

Yeah, I got the idea from Cinder actually, he used that in his RP, and I adopted it because it works well when you have more than one OC being used in a single post. For me, being a GM, I might have up to 3 or 4 characters being used, depending on the situation, so I will definitely be to be using this for your benefit. It makes it way easier to discern which character is speaking without question.

I think you might be better off using the darker green. It might be used by another player, but we know you're posting for your own OC, and not emerald, so you should be fine using the same colour.

@@Windbreaker,

See above message. lol You should be alright using the same colour, though if you must use something different, I'd pick a darker tone of colour, because the bright ones are kind of hard on the eyes.

I'm just going to announce that the Carriage does not come to you, in the RP. You have to go to it. I noticed a few people seem to be confused about that. So for anyone that hasn't posted their intro yet, please don't write that your character is waiting for the carriage to pick them up. Thanks.

• Brohoof 1

@@Scribblegroove,

Gross, but funny. Good response on that one. I feel bad for your OC already. lol

@@Golbez,

I have to say, I was surprised to see an image in your post. Great stuff. :lol:

As for what Silverheart said, I messaged Silver Staff. Hopefully he figures things out and can repost his intro.

I'll get to the rest of the posts tomorrow, cause it's 3AM, and I'm falling asleep on the keys here.

Sorry I'm a bit late, I tried to address that in game.

Anyway, since formatting is tedious on mobile and I'll probably be posting mostly from my phone, I won't be using any fancy colored dialogue. My default is for thoughts to be italic and speech to be in normal quotation marks, but if anybody has any better ideas, I'm open to them.

• Brohoof 1

@Evilshy

I have a shortcut on my phone that when I write colorscr the code [color=#daa520) appears with of course the last bracket being squared, and the same for when I write colorend which causes [/color) to appear. It's an easy way to do it, but you have to get the color code for your character first. Daa520 is the code for Scribblegroove.

I hope that this helps :)

That's not a bad idea. Also funny you should mention your code because I was looking over the supported color list and DAA520 is probably what I would use too. I would use something different for clarity's sake, though.

this is a test

this is also a test