Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Bloodlines (SoL/Dark Mystery RP) [Still Recruiting] Now With Updated OOC!

SilverHeart

Will there be a definite story thing telling everybody to get to the dinner thingy, or is that more of a "whenever everybody is done with their initial town stuff" thing?

• Brohoof 1

Will there be a definite story thing telling everybody to get to the dinner thingy, or is that more of a "whenever everybody is done with their initial town stuff" thing?

Both. Well make sure everyone knows when to head toward the welcome party, at the same time it isn't supposed to be for a few hours so we were going to allow people to do their own thing for a bit. That said so long as everyone posts in s timely manner it shouldn't be they long of a wait until the dinner party.

• Brohoof 1

@@Scribblegroove

Huh, can't say I was expecting anyone to be taking exams in January, good luck though I understand how time consuming can be. If you need to you can just make shorter posts until then.  If you need any help or run into any trouble let us know and we'll see what we can do.

@@Midnight Scribbler

Midnight, I'm a bit confused on what you were having Red Cask doing in your last post.

As far as I'm aware, everypony involved were either going to visit the library, theatre or find a room at the Inn, so who exactly is Red Cask talking to at the mansion?

@@SilverHeart, @Scribblegroove

I'm gonna see if I can have Cherry and Belle catch up with Scribble, I'm not sure how that happened but we seem to be lagging behind a bit. :/

• Brohoof 1

@@Golbez

The Library is actually inside the mansion. Basically you can go there and borrow the books from the archives. Its just the former Lord of Bloodwell manor's collection. Its open to residents and guests of the resort.

• Brohoof 1

@@Scribblegroove,

Huh, can't say I was expecting anyone to be taking exams in January, good luck though I understand how time consuming can be. If you need to you can just make shorter posts until then. If you need any help or run into any trouble let us know and we'll see what we can do.

Sorry not exams :s stupid me. I meant just normal tests but they do count for my final grade. In the Netherlands we call the School Examns, and the final exam at the end of the year is the central exam. Whatever, I just have to study a lot right now.

Thanks for understanding. I should be ok though. Like you said, shorter posts will allow me to be a little more consistent, even though I'm more inclined to larger ones.

@Golbez

No worries. It's not like I'm going at the speed of sound here :P It should be easy to catch up with me.

• Brohoof 1

@@Midnight Scribbler

Midnight, I'm a bit confused on what you were having Red Cask doing in your last post.

As far as I'm aware, everypony involved were either going to visit the library, theatre or find a room at the Inn, so who exactly is Red Cask talking to at the mansion?

@@SilverHeart, @Scribblegroove

I'm gonna see if I can have Cherry and Belle catch up with Scribble, I'm not sure how that happened but we seem to be lagging behind a bit. :/

Also you don't have to worry about falling behind. Scribbler and I have ideas to "stall" characters if they get ahead of the others. It's not really stalling but the story won't advance without you.

• Brohoof 1

@@Golbez,

As Silver said, the library group are going to see the mansion's library due to the fact the town one is in disrepair. So the library group will be following Red Cask. (unless they choose to do otherwise)

@@Scribblegroove,

I totally gotchya man, tests are more important that games. Your last post was fine though, as long as you're able to keep up, that's the main thing. Good luck on your exams. :)

@@SilverHeart,
@,
@,
@@Evilshy,
@@FortyTwo42,
@@Gloomfury,
@@FirstPonySpectre,
@@Scribblegroove,
@@Golbez, --No worries, it's all good :)
@@Windbreaker,

So Silver brought this up with me, and we thought it might be important to share. Some of you may already have thought of this, but we'll mention it anyways.

This OOC thread can be used for you all to converse on points of interest in this RP. Since it's a mystery, you'll want to work together to get to the bottom of the strange things you come across. So far, very little has taken place, because the game is yet young, but as we progress, there will be more and more for you to think about in terms of clues you find and interactions with characters. We encourage you to use this thread for discussing what you think your OCs should do with the information, but keep in mind that if your OC didn't know about something, they can only gain new information from conversing with other OCs.

• Brohoof 2

@,
@@Evilshy,
@@FortyTwo42,
@@Windbreaker,

I wanted to get qa post out for everyone at the hotel today but I'm pretty exhausted and I'll have to do it tomorrow.

That said if you want to go ahead and write your own post for the room @@FortyTwo42, then each room has a nice quality bed with pillows, a dresser for you to put any clothes in, a lantern on a nightstand and some decorations. For some rooms that have two ponies in them there will be two beds and two dressers. If you want to make things awkward feel free to only have on bed assigned to your room.

@@FortyTwo42,

@@Golbez,  

@,

@@Windbreaker

,@@Evilshy

, @,

@@FirstPonySpectre

@@Gloomfury

Okay is anyone waiting on a post from either myself or Scribbler? If you are please make a post and let me know, if you aren't just brohoof the post so I know you all saw this message. Activity has died down a little so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

• Brohoof 3

Okay is anyone waiting on a post from either myself or Scribbler?

Actually I was just waiting for Gloomfury or the "other" Scribble to make a reply.

I wouldn't be worried, the site was always quiet during the weekend, no idea why mind. :/

• Brohoof 1

@@FortyTwo42,

@@Golbez,  

@,

@@Windbreaker

,@@Evilshy

, @,

@@FirstPonySpectre

@@Gloomfury

Okay is anyone waiting on a post from either myself or Scribbler? If you are please make a post and let me know, if you aren't just brohoof the post so I know you all saw this message. Activity has died down a little so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

I wasn't really waiting on you, since you gave a description of the room in the OOC. However, I usually try to wait until several people have posted before I make my posts, since it gives me more things to respond to. For instance, right now only Silver and Golbez have posted since my last post, and what Cherry did doesn't affect either of my characters, so I feel I have very little to respond to in my next post until some others make a post. If I did post now, it would probably be very short since all I would do is describe Shadowhide walking into her room. I'd like to wait until I have a little more to write about before I make my next post.

If you like, I could probably start posting more often, since I still have a lot of free time now. But it will probably make my posts a lot shorter since I won't have as much to respond to each time.

• Brohoof 1

@,

I was actually considering replying to your post, but I had to see if Windbreaker had anything to say first. If I responded to your post though, it might mean that Dove might steal something from Shadow a little early or give her a verbal beating in private. o; I'm not really sur eif it's a great idea, but Shadow would become the only pony there who saw Dove come out of her shell.

• Brohoof 2

I wasn't really waiting on you, since you gave a description of the room in the OOC. However, I usually try to wait until several people have posted before I make my posts, since it gives me more things to respond to. For instance, right now only Silver and Golbez have posted since my last post, and what Cherry did doesn't affect either of my characters, so I feel I have very little to respond to in my next post until some others make a post. If I did post now, it would probably be very short since all I would do is describe Shadowhide walking into her room. I'd like to wait until I have a little more to write about before I make my next post.

If you like, I could probably start posting more often, since I still have a lot of free time now. But it will probably make my posts a lot shorter since I won't have as much to respond to each time.

I'll leave it up to you on whether to post more or not. Shadowhide would probably he best for it. At the same time though I really enjoy your longer posts.

Actually I was just waiting for Gloomfury or the "other" Scribble to make a reply.

I wouldn't be worried, the site was always quiet during the weekend, no idea why mind. :/

Yeah I guess most people consider it more if a weekday kind of hobby

• Brohoof 1

@@SilverHeart,

I think I'll probably just choose whether to post quickly or not depending on the situation. Up to now, I've always had lots of people to respond to at once and never felt people were waiting on me, so I made longer posts. But now it looks like Kaia and I will probably have our OCs interact a lot, and I'll probably be making many more smaller posts then to make the interaction go more smoothly. Ultimately, I don't think it matters which one I do in the long one; it's either a few long posts or lots of short posts which is pretty much the same amount of content either way.

Also, I've noticed the first post, Kaia isn't listed under players. I wanted to check Dove's character profile earlier, and couldn't find it there so I had to get the link from Kaia's application on the OOC's third page. I think it'll make it a lot more convenient for everyone if all the links are in the same place.

• Brohoof 1

@@SilverHeart,

I think I'll probably just choose whether to post quickly or not depending on the situation. Up to now, I've always had lots of people to respond to at once and never felt people were waiting on me, so I made longer posts. But now it looks like Kaia and I will probably have our OCs interact a lot, and I'll probably be making many more smaller posts then to make the interaction go more smoothly. Ultimately, I don't think it matters which one I do in the long one; it's either a few long posts or lots of short posts which is pretty much the same amount of content either way.

Also, I've noticed the first post, Kaia isn't listed under players. I wanted to check Dove's character profile earlier, and couldn't find it there so I had to get the link from Kaia's application on the OOC's third page. I think it'll make it a lot more convenient for everyone if all the links are in the same place.

Yeah that's probably the best way to go about it.

And oh. I totally thought I had added her OC. Thank you for pointing that out.

@@FortyTwo42

I have now added Kaia's character Dove to the OC list. Thanks for pointing that out.

• Brohoof 1

@@FortyTwo42,

Also keep in mind, you can make posts for only one of your OCs, instead of both. In case you have something going on on one storyline, but not much on the other. You could have post for Aero alone if you wanted to, and just wait on Shadowhide until you feel there's enough to respond to. (hopefully it won't be long)

@@SilverHeart,
@,
@,
@@Evilshy,
@@Gloomfury,
@@FirstPonySpectre,
@@Scribblegroove,
@@Golbez,
@@Windbreaker,

Just so everyone is aware, and I already mentioned this to Silver. I won't be as active until later on this week, because I'll be traveling around a bit until around Thursday. I should be able to keep up with the rp to some degree, even if it takes me a little longer to pump out a post. So fret not! The RP will be continuing on. Judging by the speed we're at now, it might not really even affect things a whole lot.

Edited by Midnight Scribbler
  • Brohoof 2

Sorry I've been inactive. I fell ill with some kind of acute disease and I didn't feel like doing anything for a few days, but I'm all better now so I'll be able to post more actively again. ^_^

That's alright, I understand. Glad you're doing better.

Hopefully we'll be able to get this moving soon.

Two pairs of eyes are staring at you.

The only sounds you can hear in the theater are the hushed laughter and nearly inaudible whispers

I have a slight feeling that these two MIGHT be the same as the foals Scribblegroove had seen in the forest. I might be wrong, but it's what Scribbles if making himself believe right now. So I thought I'd just go with it a little, though I'm trying to stay subtle.

@@Gloomfury,@@Golbez,

I'm starting to get a really odd feeling about this theatre XD Golbez and Gloomfury please hurry, I don't like Scribbles being alone. I might be totally paranoid but you can't be too secure :3

• Brohoof 2