• July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

My carpool showed me this video.

I decided this community was win. I decided the show was... nice.

• 2 weeks later...

So, I was first introduced to MLP because I was doing something, that I cannot remember for the life of me, someone likened it to Pinkie Pie's twitching tail, and they posted a link.

I was all "okaayyy". And then I put it into the back of my head for a few weeks. I was derping around memebase, when I came across the brony section. I was all "Lolwut?", and then I watch the episodes in order. All of them over a 3 day span. I started on Thanksgiving break. I think it was Thursday. From then on, my life has been almost nothing but ponies.

I remember when i became a brony. Sometime in the winter, not exactly sure when though, my moms boyfriend watched a tv show called supernatural with my mom and me and my brother, and my brother thought he would never sleep, so my mom watched the first episode to cheer him up. a week or so later, i wanted to know what happened, so i watched the second episode, and then i realized i liked it.

I just watched the show to try it, that was about 2 month ago. Well, I watched first 3 episodes and it really got me, I couldn´t stop watching and trying to find out more about the show, charcters and fandom. So here I am now :D.

For all other Bronies/ pegasisters/ fans in general out there, there´s a nice saying I saw some days ago. I don´t think its generally intended for bronies, but I liked it quite much. So here we go:

"When I was a child, I thought as a child (in my case i wished to grow up and to be an adult as soon as possible ;) ). But as I became a man I took away childish things;

One of the first things I took away was the childish fear to be all-grown up in each regard, like I´ve always wished as a youngster.

This sentences clearly describes not only my attitude towards shows like MLP:FIM but my hole lifestyle. I´m quite sorry but I just can´t remember where I found this, but I´d really like to hear your opinion bout that

Sup everypony ! Soo the question was how did I become or you become a brony? Well I was recommended it by some friends off Xbox live and said "why not this could befun" and guess what.

Yep it was fun so since then I have been watching and reading about MLP and have easily covered more than 2000000 words reading progress since my healthy obsession. If any pony wants to talk to me more about MLP just send me an invite on Xbox to l4dsmoker33 and make surer that the message involves MLP so I know that u arent a random.

Live on live proud live brony

H-hi, everypony... How did I become a brony??

Well, I had been into MLP as a small child, collecting and playing with G3 ponies (I was, like, ten...), but the way I became a brony to MLP: FiM is much more complex, and, honestly, hard for me to recollect...

I'll start at the beginning (or what I THINK is the beginning...)

I was on Smosh.com, just doing what I normally do, nothing in particular, when I spotted a video with the title of said video being something along the lines of "What 'The Hangover' Would be Like With Ponies"... It was a silly parody video, and I may have had a good laugh, but I was then intrigued by these new renditions of ponies I had as a girl. Thus beginning my journey to becoming a brony.

A few days to a week later, I found yet another parody video called, "Epic Cupcake Time" and decided to watch it. I thought it was pretty okay, ignorantly thinking that it was the actual show. Well, in short, that video led to another fan-made video, which led to a clip from the episode "Party of One" (the clip being where Pinkie Pie "snaps") and I loved it!

Yet I still had a ways to go before becoming a brony, believe it or not.

Well, some of my friends (pegasisters/bronies) began telling me of some select fanfics (not mentioning them here, seeing as they aren't really something to make small talk of...). Well, curiosity got the better of me, and I read a few fanfics, "My Little Dashie" being among my favorites. The day I read "My Little Dashie" was the day I first watched My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Not just one episode, but quite a few. My brony-dom was just beginning...

I instantly selected my favorite ponies (who can pick just ONE out of the most amazing selection of ponies to choose?) after watching the first episode. And it has escalated from there...

Honestly, it's a confusing story (for me, at least... Can't quite remember the beginning, kinda makes it difficult to follow in my mind...), but I wouldn't have my story any other way.

• Brohoof 1

How I became a brony; First I was watching videos on youtube.

I tried to avoid pony videos 'cause I thought it could be embarrassing to watch something like that.

I really thought so. Now I think it was stupid to think like that... Then there were so much pony videos, I had to get through it, I had to watch one. Aftert I watched one I thought I could watch some more of it. Finally, when I watched about 100 pony vids, I couldn't be without mlp. I had a YouTube account, so I wanted to share my interest to other people, and I made pony videos.

Now people in my school think I'm a moron 'cause I watch my little pony, but I don't care! I draw ponies on lessons, make pony vids at home, and enjoy the amazing stories mlp fim has to tell us.

THE END :D

• Brohoof 2

I think I speak for most of us when we went to watch the show, we were expecting it to suck SO BAD! Then we got into the first episode then at the end we were like "Dear GAWD, how will the stop Nightmare Moon" then you watch the next, and the next, and the next, then you go on youtube say your a Brony someone welcomes you to the herd and, *Flutter Shy yay!" you feel happy that you are in such a big group of people with the same interests, go into something thinking it will be bad will make it seem better, even though in this case I went into thinking it would be good, and was MORTIFIED ...... That there weren't enough episodes to watch :P

• Brohoof 1

My best budd in the whole wide world sent me small clips of her favorite parts of episodes every once in awhile, but I couldn't understand them since I knew absolutely no idea what the show was about. So to be able to understand them, I started watching the episodes. And got hooked. xD

Every now and then I saw people on forums with pony pictures, at the time I didn't even know it was mlp, but I eventually gave in, I watched the first episodes and thought they were meh, I finished season one and started talking to my friends about it, they werent too impressed but I got one of them to watch the first two episodes and he said it was alright and I gained a bit of respect from my friends. and now after I finished season two not long ago i now consider myself officially a brony.

Its really hard to pinpoint what made me become a brony...Lets see..

I first saw a crossover compilation on smosh, but I just thought artwork was the only thing related to the meme.

After that, I started searching for a twilight parody(movie, not the pony) and came across mrponiator`s "twilight to the rescue".

I then saw thefinebros` "teens react to my little pony", and I was drawn in to the fact that GROWN MEN watched this show.

Eventually, I figured the show seemed good enough to try out, and ended up watching the entire first season in just two days.

I had no idea a show made for little girls could be so good!

I first noticed the brony phenomenon in that infamous Death Battle video that has Starscream getting curbstomped by Rainbow Dash. I just watched it one morning to see what the hub-bub was about and I found myself smiling and laughing throughout the show, it was just so cute and funny! :)

So, one day at school, I was talking to two of my best friends and then they brought up mlp. Turns out they were bronies. The really only thing I knew about the show was online ytp's (before the PONY.MOV series started). Honestly I thought that a guy liking mlp was dumb at the time, so I made fun of my friends. They were persistent however, and instead of getting mad, they ended up convincing me to watch an episode. So on one saturday night, I went on youtube and looked up the 1st episode, and it ended with a major cliffhanger, and I hate cliffhangers. I decided to watch the next episode, then the next, then the next, so on and so fourth, untill I watched all the episodes released at the time. Then after admitting being a brony to my friends, every time a new episode came out, we went on skype and started it at the same it, just for fun. Wow, I just typed a PARAGRAPH!!!!

....I think it was a month ago when my Xbox live friends were talking about and I got jelly from not being able to understand anything they were talking about so a 24 hour YouTube marathon of MLP FiM , a mini fridge stocked to the brim with all sorts of sweets, and 20 fanfiction later here I am thinking about MLP while watching The Hunger Games!

I became a brony last October. The first experience I had with bronies at all was seeing countless pony avatars on a dungeons and dragons (mostly) site for roleplayers called Giant in the Playground (GitP). I thought it was a little strange, but I tolerated their choice (not actually knowing there was G4).

I was then clicking the random button over and over again on Know Your Meme like I do quite often for lulz, when suddenly I came face to face with Princess Trollestia's page. It took me a moment to realize what I was even look at, then I began reading and thought it was hilarious that she was such a troll and in a cartoon like this. I had to watch it to see for myself I decided, so I did, and I got hooked from episode 1.

So essentially, you can thank Trollestia for me becoming a brony! :P

I started to see pony related pictures online in September of last year. I mentioned it to one of my (not really but sort of) friends and he told me it was MLP. I got interested and watched the first few episodes and loved them. I watched the rest and found myself waiting for season two. I found out a little after I started liking it that it had a large male fanbase and considered myself a brony from then on.

It actually kinda took two attempts to bronify me.

First time i was bored, and heard about the whole brony thing and started watching the episode "The Best Night Ever". The intro i thought was a bit silly / boring, so i stopped.

Later, when i was bored again, i tried another episode. This time i did the Daring Do episode.

That's when i finally became a brony.

Also, in the episode, replace Rainbow Dash with me... and you pretty much have my entire story.

(edited)

Ah, Celestia bless RES and the pegasister sub-community there. :) I was directed to Minty Fresh Adventure by a close friend, who is sadly no longer among our ranks, and wanted to know more about Zecora. I knew there was only one way to do that and not get the wrong information. I watched the show, though watching two back-to-back episodes took its toll on my internet a day later. :lol:

EDIT: Remembered the 'when'. 23th of June, 2012, 12:07 PM when I started watching.

Edited by AbominableAnon