• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

I remembered seeing pony images here and there but I really thought nothing of it. My first real introduction to the fandom was Saberspark's Ballad of the Brony documentary. I watched that, then ended up watching season 1 and season 2 in the span of 3 days.

Well...

One of my friend's mentioned in passing that his brother was being forced into watching MLP by one of his friends at work. I was like "Why lol, as punishment for something?" and he said that apparently people on 4chan think its good or that bit's jsut a big joke (he didn't know).

Well i got home, and bleach was currently on a break of episodes, i had nothing to watch! I decided to watch MLP. I watched 2 episodes (s1e1/2) and i didn't really like it. I think something in me was saying that its just stupid and girly.

Later that night, another friend said he had heard i was trying it, i told him it wasn't my thing, he told me to watch a few more episodes.

I did, and it was after my 4th episode i got hooked. At first i thought it was really odd to like it, then after reading some internet i realized it wasn't, and then learned who Laren Faust was (i love watching PP girls as a kid) and was happy then watching it.

Brony's then taught me to not care what people think, and now i happily watch it and have merchandise, it stopped me being over self conscious about what people think.

I then/now regularly watch episode, it such a relief that i don't have to watch TV trash anymore that's ALL about sex and getting pissed or reality. It's nice to just have a fun / happy show to watch. :)

• Brohoof 1

I saw an intro to a video that involved the Mane 6, and I wondered what this was. I was at a friends house at a point. I started watching it and I was like... this is amazing!

I used to watch it when I was little, (the old gen).

I saw the new stuff on TV and my first thoughts where, wow, 5 year old show. Change channel.

A few days later my friend told me about it, and I began to draw some of their figures, not caring about the show.

When she saw how acurate my ponies where compared to the ones on the show; I decided to try watching some episodes just to see if she was right, and then I started to get interested in it, and walah. I'm not a brony, I'm a pegasister. C:

I don't remember the first pony-related thing I remember seeing...

But listening to a PMV to one of my favorite songs got me to watch the show. While watching the first episode, I remember thinking, "Hey, this isn't bad." Since then, I've see every episode at least once and am part of an awesome forum in the community.

The first pony related thing I remember seeing was an episode of Screwattack's Death Battle show. In this episode, Starscream from the G1 Transformers tv show was facing off against Rainbow Dash from My Little Pony: FiM to find out who would win in a battle to the death. (I won't say who won though, so check it out for yourself if you haven't.) After seeing the episode, I thought, "Okay, I'll admit. That pony was awesome there."

After awhile, I decided to do a little research on the wiki about Rainbow Dash and it turned out that the Rainbow Dash I saw on Death Battle was from a show called MLP: FiM. I then proceeded to look at the show page on the wiki and read the reception. I was surprised to see that not only girls like the show, but that a wide audience of men called "Bronys" liked it too. It got me even more curious.

After all that I have seen about it, I finally caved in and saw the very first episode on Netflix.com to see what all the fuss was about. When the story opening of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna was going on, two thoughts were going through my head, "Am I really doing this?..." "Yes. Yes, you are." After part 1 was done, I pressed next to see how it ends. After that episode, it went on and on and... Well, you know the rest.

So, Yeah. That is my story of how I got into a tv show about a bunch of magical ponies having fun and learning from one another...

Gotta love those ponies. ^_^

One day I was watching random youtube videos and came across a my little dashie reading. (Not sure how I found it but I was board and tired so I watched it.) Amazed by how good it was I decided to show some of my friends the video, and they liked it too. One of them asked if I wanted to watch the first episode with him sense the fanfic was so good.

I said yes, we watched it, we liked it, we got everyone else to watch it, everyone else liked it, MLP:FIM marathon!

And thats how I became a brony! The end. :D

Edited by EWAN

The first pony thing I saw was hotdiggedydemons .mov videos, then after that I started watching PMV's, which compelled me to watch the show!

A friend told me about it in September 2011. Without him, I wouldn't be a brony or a user on this forum. I started liking it on the 4th episode.

Edited by Twilight

I was completely oblivious to mlp until about 6-7 months ago. i hadn't seen the memes, or the vids, or any of that. but i had been watching that 50 memes in 100 seconds vid on YT (no pony at all since it was from 2009) and started looking up the original vids, and then other memes. i had kept seeing Fus ro dah everywhere but didn't know what it was outside of being from skyrim. so i looked it up. the first result was a pony vid (RD and the dragon i think) for the hell of it i clicked. got the joke, in the related section was the flutter yay version, saw that. in that related was the fluttergasm vid, checked that. i don't remember what the comments were outside of someone refering to a character snapping a bears neck. that piqued my interest and made try the first ep. then the second. kept going from there.

wasn't invloved too much with the community though. but i had checked out the brony comms commentary vids as i was going along. didn't know half of what they were talking about. or who. then i started finding the music. i know one of the first was Alex s' remix of luna and elements of harmonics by chain algorythm. not sure how it went from there, or time frame. ended up on Eqd and here.

I've seen so much fan art and some of my Youtube friends had watched a few episodes. Read a Rainbow Dash fan fiction on a LGBT Deviantart group. She stood out to me the most really. I looked her up and the first pony related thing I watched was a clip of her coaching Fluttershy how to cheer. So curiosity killed the cat and I got to watch the first episode.

It was interesting, I thought it would be a cartoon only for little girls. At first, I thought Oh... typical... princesses...

When I saw Twilight use her magic to levitate her books I said to myself "So that's what unicorn horns are for!" and then it got interesting. I was never a fan of the older generations, but I do reckognise Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Applejack. At first, before I knew the characters, I thought Twilight Sparkle was Kimono. XD

Well, I've seen the brony community growing non-stop over time, but I never quite understood why were so many grown men watching MLP. I wasn't a hater though, I just used to find it weird.

After I researched a little more about the community and saw some fan-made music, artwork and fanfics, I decided to give the show a try. And I wasn't disappointed.

So here I am now~

^Copy 'n Paste from my profile. But now more in-depth info towards the thread~

I've seen many fan-created content before becoming a brony myself, but the one that made me watch my very first episode was

. That was such an amazing song, and it was pony-related. I HAD to see the show by myself.

My first episode was the first episode of the first season (derp) and during most part of it I kept asking myself "why am I doing this..." but then I watched another episode, and another, and finally I fell in love with it! :D

After that, I began to look for more fan-made content and to get to know better about this community. And it was amazing~

Well, I will always remember listening to Kitsune and I came across a remix of Fluttershy's adorable "Yay!" But I never moved on from there. I'd heard quite a lot about bronies, but never took the time to look at any episodes. At a time, I even thought it was going to be way too cheesy. Then one of my favorite Youtubers, joshscorcher, started reviewing MLP: FiM episodes. So I watched a few, and I realized they weren't that bad. I watched one full episode, and I was hooked. And now, standing before you is the Pinkie Pie loving Brony, BlimpAtomic!

I heard about the fandom not long after it started to gain a lot of popularity. I never had any major interest, only a vague one.

I watched the show on netflix with a good friend of mine. we both became instant bronies after only watching the first few episodes.

Sometime in January 2012 I believe. For some reason I hadn't even heard of the show until then (odd because I frequent a lot of places that have started discussing MLP lately.

My story is completely generic though. I heard about it on some site, I decided to watch an episode, 1 turned to 2, 2 turned to 26 which in time turned to 52. I didn't know what a brony was until about a month later though. It was then that I officially became part of the herd.

Man, I was just looking at my old Skype conversations I had with my sister. I found the conversation when she first told me about ponies. I'm surprised that I didn't bother spelling and capitalizing. XD

[12/10/2011 3:21:05 PM] Elena: hi im on the computer (I guess I meant that I couldn't Skype with the webcam and all)

[12/10/2011 3:21:14 PM] Elena: not the laptop

[12/10/2011 3:21:29 PM] Christina: Love you

[12/10/2011 3:21:31 PM] Christina: I'm kind of busy anyway

[12/10/2011 3:21:38 PM] Christina: I'm having some guys over ;)

[12/10/2011 3:21:38 PM] Elena: im sorry i left skype on when i left so it looked like i ignored you

[12/10/2011 3:21:41 PM | Edited 3:22:18 PM]: ooh what poop? (Replace poop with guys. It's a joke where I change words to poop with my sister, don't ask)

[12/10/2011 3:22:21 PM] Christina: Some guys from a club I joined.

[12/10/2011 3:22:25 PM] Elena: oh?

[12/10/2011 3:22:28 PM] Elena: and?

[12/10/2011 3:22:32 PM] Elena: what club?

[12/10/2011 3:22:57 PM] Christina: Bronies

[12/10/2011 3:23:03 PM] Elena: huh?

[12/10/2011 3:23:04 PM] Christina: Bros who like my little ponies

[12/10/2011 3:23:07 PM] Elena: oh

[12/10/2011 3:23:13 PM] Elena: but ur not a bro!

[12/10/2011 3:23:28 PM] Elena: and since when did u like ponies? :o

[12/10/2011 3:23:52 PM] Christina: since I joined the my little ponies club

[12/10/2011 3:23:55 PM] Christina: it's mostly guys

[12/10/2011 3:24:06 PM] Elena: is welby part of it?

[12/10/2011 3:24:14 PM | Edited 3:24:18 PM] Elena Seely: i know that he likes my little pony

[12/10/2011 3:24:33 PM] Christina: no

[12/10/2011 3:24:39 PM] Elena: oh

[12/10/2011 3:24:40 PM] Christina: he doesn't go to my school

[12/10/2011 3:24:45 PM] Elena: okay

[12/10/2011 3:25:00 PM] Elena: so what got u so interested in ponies?

[12/10/2011 3:25:10 PM] Elena: joining a cat club would make more sense

[12/10/2011 3:29:48 PM] Elena: ... (She didn't reply)

[12/10/2011 3:29:52 PM] Elena: okay bye

I became a brony about a month ago. I got curious and went on YouTube to check it out. At first I thought it was okay but, the more I watched it the more I liked it.

Same time as my B-Day ^3^. My story on how i became one:

One day i was just derping around on da internet, and i found something that looked quite peculiar. I had no idea what it was going to be. It was just a random video on you tube, it didnt even have Mlp included in the name or description. It looked like a cool video so i clicked on it. Guess what it actually was, Mlp. At first i watched a little bit of it, then like, two minutes later im like "screw this" so i shut off my computer, stared at my plain, white wall in my room, and took a long hard thought on what i just watched. A couple days passed and i started to find the words "brony" and "mlp" all over the place. Of course, being a noobular noob, i had no idea what they meant. So i looked up on google and found the meanings for the two. Again, i shut off my computer and i thought about the "retards" that liked the show (take into account that i wasnt a brony at the time) and then i did more research. A couple weeks passed and i felt all weird, like something inside me was trying to burst out, i couldnt exactly explain what it was. I was just hanging out with my friends the next day and i was telling them about the party i was going to have. I told my friends at my church, school, and in my neighborhood. I was going to go paintballing at a really awesome place in the woods. We borrowed some supplies from the store at the admission counter and one of my friends said he wanted to tell me a secret. I said okay, although i wasnt sure what kind of secret it was going to be. The party was the day before my actual birth day but thats how my parents usualy do it. In the middle of battle he pulls me behind a tree just as i was about to snipe a guy. He did it for two reasons, one being i didnt know someone else was aiming at me as well, two being that he wanted to tell me the secret, PERFECT TIMING RIGHT? Just before the ending signal roared he said "Im...a brony." I couldnt really believe what had just happened. My friend being a brony this whole time without saying a word about it. After that he kept bugging me an how "its not that bad" and how "i should really get into it."At first i thought i was just having a bad dream, but i wasnt. I had a dream that night and i kept hearing over and over "let it out." I woke up at 2:30 to go to the restroom and i said "ya know what...screw it"...and i let it out. I couldnt go back to sleep so i just stayed up watching television. I was things on the science and military channels for a while (nothing good was on, although i love the military channel anyways :P) then Mlp came on. It felt like i had no control over my body, i picked up the remote, shifted through the channels, and clicked on Mlp. My life was changed forever after that. I was never the same again, although i felt happy being a brony and watching the show for an unknown reason at the time. Eventually i started looking through you tube and i found a guy called Wooden Toaster, hes a brony musician who makes the most awesome music. I listened to him and then i punched my self for calling bronies retards the weeks prior to the outcome of me joining the herd. I fessed up to my parents (they didnt have a problem with it), and then i started to learn. I started to learn about bronies and the terms, and how they act. Before when my friends were having conversations about Mlp i had no idea what they were talking about. Then after a couple months of experience i finally became an official brony.

Thats my story guys. I hope you find it to be a tad bit interesting. I spent ten minutes working and editing on this post. I love Mlp and i always will. DERPY FO-EVAH

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Last August I think was when I started liking the show. Members from other forums that I was on that weren't pony related where talking about it and most of their signatures or icons where pony related. I liked the animation and how the ponies looked. So I went on Youtube and watched the first 2 episodes of the first season. As I clicked on the video to watch it I was thinking to myself "Really? Am i going to really watch My little Pony?" I had convinced myself that I was going to hate it. While I was watching it I liked the story and found that the characters where interesting and entertaining. I continued to watch the first season bit by bit to catch up and while at school I found myself writing their names in the edges of my papers and thats when I grew into a Pega-sister/Brony. :)

I guess I became an instant fan when I saw the first two episodes in October 2010. I guess that's also when I became a brony, though I didn't even hear about such term until Season 2 aired.

in late may. I was originally going to hate on the show and i saw this thing were it said if you can watch a few episodes without getting hooked you are a true hater... four months later look where i am :lol:
  • Brohoof 2

I am going to tell you a stor about two sisters a Metal-head that was on it's way to his house, when suddenly he remembered it was his birthday.

He went home as fast as he could, and suddenly he opened the door surprised, looking at a ton of fans which had ponies in their hands, like an offering to a god.

And then, the metal-head decided to stare one of those ponies... In the eyes.... And then he loved the ponies foreverandeverandever.

And that's how I started to dedicate myself to ponies.

I think it was January or February 2012, I am unsure, but I am leaning more towards January.About a month before I became a brony, My sister posted on facebook about how she had watched the show and she didn't really see the appeal, so I gave it a try, I didn't like the first two episodes but I kept watching and started to love it :)My sister also watches the show now, she doesn't consider herself a brony because she hates 4chan and a whole bunch of other reasons.

Edited by ~Flame Dancer~