Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Monster Hunter Club

Panne

The only quests I have left are capture quests, but I've never reached one of those in the single-player quests, so I lack tranq bombs and its ingredients and I'm just poorly prepared for them. :rarity:

I think now's a good time to bring our hunting to an end. Thanks for all your help so far! I look forward to hunting together again soon!

@,

I'm free to add you as a friend now! My friend code is 1306-5158-9717.

Edited by FortyTwo42
  • Brohoof 1

Started playing MH4U yesterday and loving it^^ The Charge Blade is awesome and I'm building up a gunlance as a backup.

At the stage in weapon upgrades that the path splits in three so I'm going the fire element route and getting a second to do the electrical route. 

Not doing the starting ice route as that has negative affinity. 

I finally finished my Tetsu armor and the extra armor and health is really nice but I had to use a gem to get rid of that pesky -1 gathering skill. I just killed the Zamtrios which was pretty difficult because my katana at the moment just has yellow sharpness and well, getting Monster Bone L is still a little far away before I can finally upgrade this thing. Favorite fight so far is against the Nerscylla. I had a really intense and awesome fight against it in a maxed out party. Two insect glaive users jumping around, one hunting horn buffing us and smashing the beast right on its head and me toppling it over with my katana. The online works great and the moments I play are one of the most fun I've had during my runs throughout the series.

Friend Code is 2509-3517-6337 btw if anyone wants to play XD

My friend code is 1306-5158-9717.

Hooray! My friend code is: 4699 8350 8657. I'm just gonna download it now :D

Added all three ^~^ My friend code's 2938 - 7838 - 3151. If that's the right one Brock should appear in your friend's list x3

I'm online most of the time because I travel a lot (Wi-fi's like a way of life here, it's everywhere) so if you want to play just send me a message and I'll hop on any quest you have! I mainly use Long Swords but if my wide attacks begin to annoy just ask me to switch weapon, I also play Charge Blade and Hammer sometimes.

--

Just got a quest to hunt down a Khezu aww yeah. Me and this wyvern go way back to Monster Hunter 1 eleven years ago, so it's always fun to see this one coming back, it's like an old rival of mine x3

Edited by Winterbass
  • Brohoof 3

So far, I use the Long Sword and the Bow, but I'm thinking about learning how to use the Dual Blades now. In previous games, it looked really fun, but I just couldn't get used to its very short range, especially since I'm used to the Long Sword's wide attacking range. But they've added a new attack in MH4U which makes you spin forwards quickly. I find it really helps you close the distance and largely solves my issue with its short range, so it's convinced me to give the Dual Blades another shot.

Added all three ^~^ My friend code's 2938 - 7838 - 3151. If that's the right one Brock should appear in your friend's list x3

I'm online most of the time because I travel a lot (Wi-fi's like a way of life here, it's everywhere) so if you want to play just send me a message and I'll hop on any quest you have! I mainly use Long Swords but if my wide attacks begin to annoy just ask me to switch weapon, I also play Charge Blade and Hammer sometimes.

I added you! I should be 'Cameron' on the friends list and 'Xavier' in-game. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm ready for hunting online at the moment, since the missions I have left to do involve monsters I haven't hunted before, and I need to capture them and I have no tranq bombs yet. But if you needed to hunt any other HR1 monster (any quest from the ones you must capture the monster in), I'm happy to join you!

So far, I use the Long Sword and the Bow, but I'm thinking about learning how to use the Dual Blades now. In previous games, it looked really fun, but I just couldn't get used to its very short range, especially since I'm used to the Long Sword's wide attacking range. But they've added a new attack in MH4U which makes you spin forwards quickly. I find it really helps you close the distance and largely solves my issue with its short range, so it's convinced me to give the Dual Blades another shot.

I added you! I should be 'Cameron' on the friends list and 'Xavier' in-game. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm ready for hunting online at the moment, since the missions I have left to do involve monsters I haven't hunted before, and I need to capture them and I have no tranq bombs yet. But if you needed to hunt any other HR1 monster (any quest from the ones you must capture the monster in), I'm happy to join you!

I used to play around with Dual Blades a lot during Freedom Unite on the PSP, they're a lot of fun and the mobility is great compared to Long Sword. At the moment I just need to kill the smaller monsters in HR1 and kill the Kecha before going up in rank. I didn't do them because I was mostly just helping a friend farm Nercylla armor. At the moment I'm just farming for Khezu armor and when I get that I'll go up into HR2 and do slay some monsters there.

Edited by Winterbass

I used to play around with Dual Blades a lot during Freedom Unite on the PSP, they're a lot of fun and the mobility is great compared to Long Sword. At the moment I just need to kill the smaller monsters in HR1 and kill the Kecha before going up in rank. I didn't do them because I was mostly just helping a friend farm Nercylla armor.

The Long Sword is my most favourite weapon and probably will be until the end of time. Pulling off a spirit combo successfully is very fun! And I think the fade slash helps keep the Long Sword very mobile despite its slower attack speed.

I'm happy to help out with fighting the Kecha and other smaller monsters. Want to do that now? And would you mind if I used this as an opportunity to practise with the Dual Blades?

The Long Sword is my most favourite weapon and probably will be until the end of time. Pulling off a spirit combo successfully is very fun! And I think the fade slash helps keep the Long Sword very mobile despite its slower attack speed.

I'm happy to help out with fighting the Kecha and other smaller monsters. Want to do that now? And would you mind if I used this as an opportunity to practise with the Dual Blades?

Sure, let's go for it! You can use any weapon you want, compared to a G-rank Golden Rajang killing a Kecha is nothing x3 My name's Nargaah in-game

Edited by Winterbass

Sure, let's go for it! You can use any weapon you want, compared to a G-rank Golden Rajang killing a Kecha is nothing x3

Okay, I'll set up a room! The passcode will be 2816.

Hopefully my inexperience with the Dual Blades doesn't lead to any embarrassing moments. :rarity:

But hey, practice makes perfect!

Since I've made my Velocidrome Blademaster armor, I now need to work on a Gunner armor set so I can use the bow too without 6 defense and horrible skills. I've decided to go for the Ludroth set, since that gives the Marathon Runner skill which is very helpful for the bow. However, the Royal Ludroth isn't in this game, so I need to get its parts by trading Velocidrome parts for them. So basically, I need to go hunting the Velocidrome all over again!

But I'll be going to sleep soon. I'll start hunting them again tomorrow. Anyone interested in joining me in several hours time? I have the Guild Quest for them, so finding a quest to hunt them in won't be an issue.

I've gotta say mounting the Kecha Wacha while it is swinging on vines has to be the most satisfying mount in the game. The thing starts bouncing off the walls trying to get you off.

The Kecha Wacha does like to switch zones a lot, doesn't it? I think I was lucky when I was hunting it in singleplayer, since it only alternated between zones 2 and 4. I can't wait until I face it with the bow. Shooting it off the ceiling is going to be really satisfying. Shooting any monster off anything is one of the best parts about using the bow!

I'm about to start hunting Velocidromes now. If anyone wants to join in, just say so and I'll create an online room for us.

Just got MH4U yesterday. Needless to say, my 3DS hasn't been turned off since. I cannot put into words how much I enjoy playing this beast of a game.

Also, the charge axe is freakin' dope. It's like a switch axe drank 15 mega demon drugs and absorbed tons upon tons of pure testosterone. I don't see myself parting with it any time soon.

My friend code is: 2766 - 8328 - 6967 in case any of y'all are interested.

The Nerscylla was a big wake-up call! I've been breezing through the single player so far, then suddenly, sleep, poison, cart. I'm not facing one of those again until I've made some energy drinks. But it was also one of my favourite hunts so far, because it was actually a challenge!

Just got MH4U yesterday. Needless to say, my 3DS hasn't been turned off since. I cannot put into words how much I enjoy playing this beast of a game.

Also, the charge axe is freakin' dope. It's like a switch axe drank 15 mega demon drugs and absorbed tons upon tons of pure testosterone. I don't see myself parting with it any time soon.

My friend code is: 2766 - 8328 - 6967 in case any of y'all are interested.

I've added you! My friend code is 1306-5158-9717.

Hey did you know you can post (non-multiplayer) screen shots using miiverse? Post to miiverse from your 3DS, go on a computer, login at https://miiverse.nintendo.net/ , then get your pics, (Not sure if it works on the old 3DS) you have to post them to a site that mlpforums allows first, because miiverse pictures are banned for some dumb reason...
tumblr_njvhunhINZ1syddaqo1_400.jpg

Hey did you know you can post (non-multiplayer) screen shots using miiverse? Post to miiverse from your 3DS, go on a computer, login at https://miiverse.nintendo.net/ , then get your pics, (Not sure if it works on the old 3DS) you have to post them to a site that mlpforums allows first, because miiverse pictures are banned for some dumb reason...

img-3504572-1-tumblr_njvhunhINZ1syddaqo1

Do you have to make a public post on Miiverse to do this? All I want to do is upload the picture from my 3DS so I can get it from my computer, but it seems like to do so I have to publicly post the picture to the Miiverse community. So I'll end up posting a bunch of random pictures with no context to those on Miiverse.