Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ancient Aliens, Fact, or Fiction?

Poetic Stone

The idea that aliens visited Earth in the past and influenced our early civilizations is a very extraordinary idea. And to be blunt, the kinds of 'evidence' that shows like Ancient Aliens and supporters of the 'theory' put out, doesn't even begin to cut it.

Really, I think that some of these ideas would make some fun fiction (like the ancient Greek/Roman deities actually being highly advanced aliens?) but they aren't believable for reality.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Fiction. I could go on an on regarding this topic. Much of the "evidence" for ancient aliens is simple not true - like perfectly cut stones that are not perfectly cut. Its a bit hard to explain but the ancient aliens theories presuppose "problems" that a working knowledge of real history clears up.

The ancient wonders of the world were government projects. What the ancients lacked in terms of technology (compared to modern times) they made up for in terms of time and man hours. There are many of these projects around the globe that are in various stages of completion. We know much of how the ancients did what they did (there are a few unanswered questions) in part because they told us (written manuscripts).     

• Brohoof 1

@@whitetiger187 and @@Twilight Dirac: yeah, I've seen how these educational channels were constantly degrading throughout my life. I remember the days when I was a kid, and I was ditching school to go to the TV shop, spot a TV which showed one of these educational channels and watched it, because I noticed I learned more from these programs than when being at school. There were shows about chemistry, physics, mathematics, electronics, computers, all that scientific stuff that mattered these old days. I loved to watch them.

Nowadays, there is so much bullshit on the Discovery Channel & co. that I cannot stand watching it anymore. If I were watching them, my TV would be all covered with my venomous spit :P Phooey! Seems like some chaotic Dark Matter/Energy has crept into these programs recently and started to menace.

And when I saw two guys with a PhD working in CERN, who talked about an atom being a tiny little "raspberry" made of protons and neutrons as little balls, and electrons orbiting them as little planets going around the sun, but with nearly the speed of light (sic!) i was all like:

Twilight_WhatDidIJustWatch_anim.gif

The Bohr planetary model? In the 21th century?

Really?

OH COME ON! ;o

Those guys have all these atoms straight under their noses, they smash them together every day! They should be first one to know how atoms work! And they say that? What a world...

As to the original subject of this thread:

I think there is a lot of evidence in ancient scriptures and drawings that once in our history, thousands of years ago, there was an advanced extraterrestrial civilization visiting Earth and doing some mess in here. Possibly they could even help us evolve, several times actually. Go figure. It might even be that they visit our planet once in a 2160 years to see how we're going.

But the "Ancient Aliens" TV series is a piece of garbage and I laugh my ass off when I watch it. Especially this guy:

882.png

Sometimes I wonder if the true purpose of these shows is to ridicule the subject (of ancient aliens, as well as science) and dumb people down.

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 4

Remember when the History Channel used to have shows about history on it?  Those were the days.  Now we get Ancient Aliens and other nonsense.

Yes, I remember when the history channel, had actual history on it. Now we get shows like pawn stars, what is up with that, and I even have quite an affinity for history in general, but this has become strait landfill. post-31415-0-82511600-1420876644.jpegpost-31415-0-44135400-1420876666.jpg

I think Ancient Aliens is a great comedy show

That show is a comedy now.post-31415-0-36463400-1420877044_thumb.jpg

I don't know.

Therefore aliens.

Its always aliens, I mean for everything. :lol: :lol: post-31415-0-59602100-1420877155_thumb.png

Really, I think that some of these ideas would make some fun fiction (like the ancient Greek/Roman deities actually being highly advanced aliens?) but they aren't believable for reality.

That would be Stargate SG-1, which was an awesome show.  It was on the Sci-Fi channel back when it used to be about science fiction (notice a pattern here). 

• Brohoof 2

Just like much of the other stuff they play on "Education" channels these days, just a bunch of sensationalist tabloid nonsense they put on just to make ratings.  

Its like, what can we pass off as "Education" to push on the people, and be  passed off as history that never happened.post-31415-0-57326800-1420877953_thumb.jpg

No- as a logical and empiricism-loving Venusian myself, these stories about life on Earth are just sheer koolazwanna.

Venusian, huh? that my friend is alien indeed B):lol:post-31415-0-51723500-1420878525_thumb.jpg

post-31415-0-09214200-1420882052.gif

Its an interesting idea, ancient aliens a show to which they (history channel) have obviously put, and with the new season underway, will continue to put alot of money into. So that alone must tell us how the populous, as a whole must be and apparently are lost in this trash. I mean you know as well as I do that these shows would not be pushed into production, much less flourish, if not for viewers which in turn, leads to the advertisers who fund the show, pumping in millions upon millions of dollars for the show. So the shows and like shows will continue, till people are no longer watching.

post-31415-0-43765400-1420880987_thumb.jpg

That would be Stargate SG-1, which was an awesome show.  It was on the Sci-Fi channel back when it used to be about science fiction (notice a pattern here). 

Yes I did like stargate, and stargate sg-1 those were great shows, and yes I notice the pattern.post-31415-0-51415300-1420882622_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Well Ancient aliens, at first, seemed very plausible and they had some pretty good theories... But as time went on, they started running out of actual evidence and started making some ridiculous junk... I mean... They are getting worse and worse and stupendously worse.

Remember when the History Channel used to have shows about history on it?  Those were the days.  Now we get Ancient Aliens and other nonsense.

Yeah... now it seems hunting Ducks is History 0.o

• Brohoof 1

Well Ancient aliens, at first, seemed very plausible and they had some pretty good theories... But as time went on, they started running out of actual evidence and started making some ridiculous junk... I mean... They are getting worse and worse and stupendously worse.

Yeah... now it seems hunting Ducks is History 0.o

Yes I agree there, its as though the History and other channels a kin to this type of broadcasting do not portray themselves in a positive light, in which a starving brain can learn.

post-31415-0-73361200-1420885972_thumb.png

Well not that it's bad to entertain the idea of aliens vising earth's past and making in influence. It can still be an intellectual discussion. Just have solid scientific evidence to back it up with, not some over dramatic BS made to make ratings.

I mean some of the things they have one these shows are so transparently BS that they insult your intelligence more than nurturing it.

Edited by whitetiger187
  • Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

I've watched nearly every episode of the show because I find it hilarious. The main thing I find funny is that whenever they have something that might conceivably have extra-terrestrial origins, they ruin it by introducing more and more stupid variables until eventually every single event in the history of humanity was perpetrated by the aliens.

Even their most intriguing mentions can be disproved by five minutes of Googling, though, which to me makes it all the funnier.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

I don't know if everything they say is true, but I am going to admit there are a few head scratchers here and there. With how vast the universe is aliens probably do exist, as to whether or not they interacted with mankind in the past, to what extent and for what purpose is another matter. What I do find interesting is that nearly every culture has legends and stories about beings coming from the heavens to give knowledge to mankind and if aliens did interact with ancient peoples than the tales of angels, demons, gods ect... would be misunderstandings of advanced technology.Some such as the Hopi for example even having tales of beings who weren't considered "gods" per se but were called "star people".

The show really reaches in certain areas, but is rather interesting. What I like about this show is that it delves very deeply into various ancient cultures and legends which is the kind of stuff I like. It is the kind of show that while you can't take it completely at face value I don't think should be dismissed entirely either.

• Brohoof 1

Fiction because it's stupid. Egyptians built the pyramids. Why the heck would aliens wanna build pyramids.

Because aliens have a thing for multimegaton piles of rock?

I haven't watched the show, but given the scarcity of evidence today for contemporary aliens we are probably comparing our imagined idea of aliens to the imagination of the locals of that point in time.

• Brohoof 1

While the idea itself hardly holds much water, it does make a good story telling device in fiction.