Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Random Useless Facts

SixShooterOutlaw

Not only do tigers have striped fur, but they also have striped skin.

• Brohoof 2

The most commonly spoken language in the world is Chinese. You can thank China and its 1.5 billion+ population for that.

The moon is not made out of cheese... sorry :(

The original recipe for Coca-Cola contained traces of actual cocaine. This stopped in 1903.

McDonald's is run more like a real-estate company than a fast-food company.

Coca-Cola was first marketed as a medicine, not a soft drink.

Americans refer to soft drinks as soda. Canadians refer to it as Pop.

Despite the current political climate, the United States is still the most powerful nation on Earth.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The most commonly spoken language in the world is Chinese. You can thank China and its 1.5 billion+ population for that.

It's actually called Mandarin ;p

- There is no centre of the universe. You may think there is one, because of the Big Bang theory but actually, everywhere is the centre of the universe. This is because everything in the universe is moving away from each other.

So next time someone says "the universe doesn't revolve around you" tell them they're wrong.

- 1% of the static on your TV is from the aftermath radiation of the Big Bang. 

Yeah, it's still lingering about because it has nowhere to go.

- The Big Rip is a theory for the end of the universe stating that due to the acceleration of the expansion of the universe, eventually it will expand so fast that gravity won't be able to compensate for it, and galaxies everywhere will be torn and shredded apart. Then celestial bodies like black holes, stars and planets, and then lastly the expansion will exceed the speed of light so that atoms' particles will not be able to interact with each other, resulting in a bunch of particles aimlessly floating about.

astronomy is cool

Edited by Ika Musume
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

If you have ever wondered what genetics tastes like (and let's be honest, who hasn't?), cucumbers have an unusually high level of RNA (which, like DNA, is a nucleic acid and is involved in gene expression etc). So, the majority of what you are tasting when you eat a cucumber is RNA!

Well then, RNA is tasty! XD

The longest word in the dictionary is not the longest word ever recorded, though. The technical name for Titin, a protein encoded by the TTN gene, is an incredible 189,819 letters long. You can see its full name here. (There is no way in hell I'm copying it here, it's that damn long.)

Scientists be trollin'! I'm pretty sure they made it that long just for shits and giggles. It made me giggle. XD

Human is the healthiest meat for humans to eat.

So you're telling me being a cannibal is healthy??? 0_0 Actually, I'd say it would depend on the human. Ain't no way eating someone who ate nothing but McDonalds is healthy.

Edited by gyashaa

• 7 years later...

Every death in history has been caused by a lack of oxygen to the brain, by one means or another.

Also, if you see a mosquito biting you on the arm, make a fist and flex it so all the veins start plumping up. Supposedly the mosquito won't be able to disengage from the skin and will explode by being over-inflated by the blood. Not sure this is scientifically proven, but I got this on good authority (from the kid sitting next to me in fifth grade). 

• "Dying because of old age" is impossible. People die due to health issues brought on by old age.
  • Dolphins are extremely intelligent and speak their own language, which we are trying to decipher.
  • Cats meowing exclusively for humans is an urban legend. Cats meow and make various other sounds all the time.
  • Microsoft's official reason for skipping Windows 9 was because "Seven Eight Nine".
    • In reality, it's because they feared that shipping a version of Windows with the number nine could cause compatibility problems with older programs.
  • Queen Elizabeth II was the longest reigning monarch in British history. By extension, King Charles III was the longest heir-apparent in British history.
  • Back during the Cold War, the U.S. government tried creating spy cats with hidden microphones embedded in their skulls.
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

In the hours before his assassination, Martin Luther King Jr. started a pillow fight with the other civil rights leaders.

Abraham Lincoln was very self conscious of his looks and did not believe himself to be good looking. When accused of being two-faced, he replied, “If I had two faces, why would I wear this one?”

If you ever feel like you have a stupid question, just remember that NASA engineers once asked Sally Ride if 100 tampons were enough for a 7-day mission.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

7 hours ago, Stone Cold Steve Jobs said:

In the hours before his assassination, Martin Luther King Jr. started a pillow fight with the other civil rights leaders.

Abraham Lincoln was very self conscious of his looks and did not believe himself to be good looking. When accused of being two-faced, he replied, “If I had two faces, why would I wear this one?”

If you ever feel like you have a stupid question, just remember that NASA engineers once asked Sally Ride if 100 tampons were enough for a 7-day mission.

I think Lincoln is Batman:bea:  

• Delighted Giggle 1

On 2015-07-05 at 5:34 AM, SixShooterOutlaw said:

All the swans in England are property of the Queen.

I didn't know that fact. Who owns them now? (RIP)

• Brohoof 1

Häagen-Dazs was a tribute to Denmark for their fair treatments towards the Jews during World War 2. Even some of the Nazi who are stationed there an an example, Werner Best would tried to prevent the Jews from being deported.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...