Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weird Sleep Problems

Alan Crytex

Whenever I'm working, doing something like "Editing video" and stuff, I easily fell asleep, for example, after a minute I lay down on bed, I fall asleep instantly... -_-

BUT whenever I've finished my work, all of them are done, when I'm trying to sleep, it took me like 5 - 15 minutes to fall asleep.... :eww:

Has anyone experience this before or is it just me? :yay:

• Brohoof 1

I have more of a dreaming problem than a sleep problem. I keep on crying out and waking myself up because I am aware that I am in a dream and I get frustrated that i can't move my body or say anything so i end up screaming in my dream but i can never muster more than a whimper and i get so cross I wake myself up doing it. Happens most nights grr.

• Brohoof 2

I can't sleep because my mind keeps telling me about all the things I should be upset about. It also likes to remind me of all the things I should be doing instead of sleeping.

I also have this thing where I can't stop thinking about how I should fall asleep while I'm trying to fall asleep

• Brohoof 3

Because I work at an accounting firm, I sometimes get the days confused around this time because I work six a week at this time. Yesterday morning when I got up for example, I thought it was Saturday. My brother whom I share a room with gets up earlier than I do. I half-asleep told him to go back to be because it was Saturday and he actually listened to me. I went back to sleep, got up at my normal time and this time he was out of the house. I don't even know if that was a dream or real because when I texted him about it, he said he didn't hear me.

• Brohoof 2

sleeping problems is an under statement you name it i have it sometime i sleep in 1 min sometimes 2 hours

but i have narcolepsy so i randomly fall asleep and i dont even know it happend till i wake up

i get sleep paralysis witch scares me really bad

im tired all day every day    

• Brohoof 2

When we moved to our new place, i started going to bed at 11pm instead of the usual 9pm. Sometimes i stay up till 2am and that's not good on school nights.

sleeping problems is an under statement you name it i have it sometime i sleep in 1 min sometimes 2 hours

but i have narcolepsy so i randomly fall asleep and i dont even know it happend till i wake up

i get sleep paralysis witch scares me really bad

im tired all day every day

Oh my god, one time I had sleep paralysis and it terrified me. It felt as if something was moving towards me and I get freaked out if I'm unable to move.
  • Brohoof 2

Oh my god, one time I had sleep paralysis and it terrified me. It felt as if something was moving towards me and I get freaked out if I'm unable to move.

it happens to me like 1 time every 2-3 days

also just so people know narcolepcy has almost killed me lots of times where i would like fall asleep crossing a road or walking down stares or in the bath  

• Brohoof 2

OP, I'd recommend going to a doctor just to be safe.

I'm not a doctor, but if this is happening consistently my guess is that the difference in your emotional states resulting from those activities is what is determining how easily you fall asleep. So, one possible solution would be to find a consistent activity to do every night before you go to bed that helps you to feel happy, relaxed, at peace, and sleepy.

• Brohoof 2

OP, I'd recommend going to a doctor just to be safe.

I'm not a doctor, but if this is happening consistently my guess is that the difference in your emotional states resulting from those activities is what is determining how easily you fall asleep. So, one possible solution would be to find a consistent activity to do every night before you go to bed that helps you to feel happy, relaxed, at peace, and sleepy.

Not now, it's not seems to be a big problem for me but I will soon....

Edited by Alanj2007Games
  • Brohoof 2

I have never been able to fall asleep within 10 minutes or earlier. It normally takes me 30 minutes or longer to fall asleep, sometimes I don't fall asleep after hours so I decide to get on the Forums until my eyes hurt so bad I cannot stay awake or I have to leave for school.

• Brohoof 2

My feet are weird and I need use metal at the end of my bed to keep them in cold temperature, if I dont use that they are too hot and I cant sleep at all

I also have this thing where I can't stop thinking about how I should fall asleep while I'm trying to fall asleep

I have this too sometimes it's so annoying

• Brohoof 2

I have never been able to fall asleep within 10 minutes or earlier. It normally takes me 30 minutes or longer to fall asleep, sometimes I don't fall asleep after hours so I decide to get on the Forums until my eyes hurt so bad I cannot stay awake or I have to leave for school.

Quote, my problem is similar to yours, i'm experiencing chronic depression wich don't let me sleep for hours and, when i finally fall asleep then start to dream messy and inconcludent situations, jumping from one dream to another, so i cannot fully rest my mind because it remains in some way "coscious".

• Brohoof 2

As some one who has spent years bouncing times zones and delt with jet lag and every thing from being blown up (Litterally) to having to spend days picking human remains from my equipment (litterally) Sleep was a issue. it was not untill I found my personal coping mechanisms for the stress that i was able to shut my eyes longer than an hour or two with out waking up in a pool of my own sweat.

First thing you need to do is Isolate the issue(s)

Once you have that pinned down you can make the changes necessary to fix your sleep less night.

There a plethora of things that can cause the sleep issue.

your level of physicalll fitness. diet, sugar and caffeen, stress.....   the list is long.

if you cant pin it down in a week or two talk to a doctor, an out side set of eyes may be see what ails you easier.

• Brohoof 1

Is it an actual sleeping when i say that i didn't had a nightmare in the last 10 Years? :confused:

• Brohoof 1