Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Any Pro-Wrestling Fans Around?

Denim&Venöm

And breaking news. 
We won't be getting Johnny Dynamite, Johnny Honor or 'Strong' Johnny Style anytime soon. 

Cause guess who just re-signed with the -E. 

I hope he goes to NXT. Give me Morrison vs. Velveteen Dream. 

• Brohoof 1

20 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

'Strong' Johnny Style

Hahaha! Nice. ^_^

20 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

That's cool. I think Johnny will be an enhancement talent or he will be a mid-card champion at least one more time. 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

That's cool. I think Johnny will be an enhancement talent or he will be a mid-card champion at least one more time. 

He's been at this game a while now. Almost 20 years. He might be looking for a big pay out before he hangs up his boots and focuses on acting before he's too banged up. 

Though I'm hoping he doesn't go the enhancement route cause too many guys are already getting that treatment. I'm hoping he goes to NXT where he could get a Drew McIntyre style revival before his main roster call down. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

I'm hoping he goes to NXT where he could get a Drew McIntyre style revival before his main roster call down. 

Hey, you can watch NXT now (Maybe).

If you can, how are you liking it so far?

I keep forgetting when it's on, TBH. 

42 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Hey, you can watch NXT now (Maybe).

If you can, how are you liking it so far?

I keep forgetting when it's on, TBH. 

I haven't been watching. I don't watch WWE on principal. I don't like their presentation, their production, their writing, their mentality or how they treat their guys. 

But it's on Wednesday Nights at 7pm central. The first half anyways. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

I haven't been watching. I don't watch WWE on principal. I don't like their presentation, their production, their writing, their mentality or how they treat their guys. 

I usually just watch Wrestling With Wregret for full Raw/Smackdown reviews & WWE's Youtube for "older matches"*, nowadays. 

*These matches usually happened within the last ten years or so. :P

Edited by Sparklefan1234

1 hour ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I usually just watch Wrestling With Wregret for full Raw/Smackdown reviews & WWE's Youtube for "older matches"*, nowadays. 

*These matches usually happened within the last ten years or so. :P

I just go with WrestleTalk reviews. Shorter, funnier and to the point. Rather hear how good a match was over waiting through three hours to watch it. 

And I'd watch older matches but my current intake between NJPW and ROH is more than enough. Now I've gotta add AEW to the dockett.  

• Brohoof 1

On 9/26/2019 at 6:02 PM, Denim&Venom said:

And breaking news. 
We won't be getting Johnny Dynamite, Johnny Honor or 'Strong' Johnny Style anytime soon. 

I hope he goes to NXT. Give me Morrison vs. Velveteen Dream. 

I agree with your assessment there. Morrison will end up on NXT, at least for the time being. I think he'll ultimately end up on Smackdown. Really hope WWE doesn't screw up his second run. Would love to see the WWE Championship on him.

46 minutes ago, Fiendstorm said:

Really hope WWE doesn't screw up his second run. Would love to see the WWE Championship on him.

Unless he's been working on his promo skills I don't see John Morrison winning a WWE Championship anytime soon, TBH. 

Plus, he's not like Jeff Hardy where people think he's cool due to being a daredevil.

It is with a heavy heart I must announce the passing of Rick Bognar AKA Fake Razor Ramone. 

Dude was dealt a bad hand in his career, made the best of it and became a cult icon because of it. 

May his legacy live on. 

razor-ramon-2.jpg

• Brohoof 1

So there was apparently a bit of madness during the U.S. tour of NJPW during their NYC show. NY state law says there needs to be an ambulance present at sporting events and somehow the private ambulance company used for the Hammerstein ballroom 'got a call' that the sold out wrestling show, going on later that night, was cancelled. Thus NJPW couldn't start their show and had to delay it by 90 minutes. 

It could've been a misunderstanding. NJPW wasn't familiar with the regulations. Someone on staff made the wrong call. Somebody else using the venue tried to cancel their event and New Japan's reservation got axed by mistake. 

But the circumstances are a bit suspect. The ambulance company didn't double check for the sake of their 6 figure payday from a sold out event? And it only took one call? From someone who apparently knew how the Hammerstein was used as a wrestling venue?  

th?id=OIP.xkhqBT8A5rj3mG9fBTUlJgHaJv&pid=Api&P=0&w=300&h=300

It's not out of the realm of possibility that with wrestling getting uber competitive again, companies might try and pull some shady tactics on one another, just like during the 90s. again, we don't quite know but nothing can exactly be ruled out as of yet. 

We're less than half an hour from the premiere of AEW Dynamite. The first live international premiere of a wrestling company almost 24 years removed from the last time it happened, on the same channel it happened. 

We're in for a history making night everypony, and we get to watch it all go down before our very eyes. We can all look back on this and go 'I was there for that.' 

Though it is a shame that Dynamite won't be broadcasting live from the Mall of America with the first match being Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs. Bryan Pillman Jr.

Edit: and holy crap! Tony Schivone and Jim Ross are on commentary together! 

• Brohoof 1

29 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Tony Schivone and Jim Ross are on commentary together! 

My dream has become a reality. "The boyhood dream has come true.", so to speak. 

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

My dream has become a reality. "The boyhood dream has come true.", so to speak. 

It's a big deal. Despite being the voice of Nitro, Schiovone wasn't even on the first episode of Nitro. So he more than deserves this. 

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

We're less than half an hour from the premiere of AEW Dynamite. The first live international premiere of a wrestling company almost 24 years removed from the last time it happened, on the same channel it happened. 

We're in for a history making night everypony, and we get to watch it all go down before our very eyes. We can all look back on this and go 'I was there for that.' 

Though it is a shame that Dynamite won't be broadcasting live from the Mall of America with the first match being Jushin 'Thunder' Liger vs. Bryan Pillman Jr.

Edit: and holy crap! Tony Schivone and Jim Ross are on commentary together! 

Great to see them together again.

• Brohoof 1

And the results of the first round are in:

NXT: 891,000 viewers

AEW: 1.409 Million. 

More specifically, AEW did a 0.68 in the 18-49 demographic compared to NXT 0.32.  AEW wasn't too far off from what Smackdown did on average. 

The first battle of the Wednesday night war goes to the elite. The the elite. 

Also congrats to Brian Zayne for getting a try out with Ring Of Honor. 

• Brohoof 1

Some thoughts on the debut of AEW Dynamite: 

My favorite thing about AEW was the commentary team. 

I don't know if AEW will use their "indy" wrestling style every week,

but if they do, fans might get burnt out quickly & the wrestlers will have to keep doing crazier more dangerous stuff to keep the fans engaged. 

30 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Some thoughts on the debut of AEW Dynamite: 

My favorite thing about AEW was the commentary team. 

I don't know if AEW will use their "indy" wrestling style every week,

but if they do, fans might get burnt out quickly & the wrestlers will have to keep doing crazier more dangerous stuff to keep the fans engaged. 

Yeah the commentary was a highlight. 

But counterpoint, if they do go towards a more mild sports entertainment style, then fans will just flock back to NXT. They have to do something to keep fans engaged. What should that middle ground be though? 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Denim&Venom said:

But counterpoint, if they do go towards a more mild sports entertainment style, then fans will just flock back to NXT. They have to do something to keep fans engaged. What should that middle ground be though? 

There's gotta be some way to make sure that a large portion of your roster isn't on the injury list

due to them performing too many crazy moves every week. 

Would pre-taping shows like NXT & Smackdown did work to lessen potential injuries & give the AEW talent a bit of a break? 

Edited by Sparklefan1234

30 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

There's gotta be some way to make sure that a large portion of your roster isn't on the injury list

due to them performing too many crazy moves every week. 

Would pre-taping shows like NXT & Smackdown did work to lessen potential injuries & give the AEW talent a bit of a break? 

Not really. Taping or not, the crazy stunts were still happening. The real issue was the frequency of matches. WWE guys are working 5 days out of the week. Even a match with modest levels of intensity would wear down the best athletes if done 300 days out of the year.  

Last I checked, AEW were only gonna do 3 shows a week. The live taping and two live events, and even then those live events would have different rosters. So everyone would really be working only twice a week. So they'll be able to get away with more and have more time to rest. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Last I checked, AEW were only gonna do 3 shows a week. The live taping and two live events, and even then those live events would have different rosters. So everyone would really be working only twice a week. So they'll be able to get away with more and have more time to rest. 

Wow. Tony Khan really is doing good for wrestling & its fans. :grin:

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Wow. Tony Khan really is doing good for wrestling & its fans. :grin:

Hiring everyone as employees and not independent contractors is a good start too. 

• Brohoof 1

Welp, as you've all probably heard, people are talking about the finish to HIAC last night. 

They're certainly talking alright. 

Spoiler

People are hating the end to that show. Fans are saying it was second only to the finger poke of doom.  They are loosing their minds. For the second year in a row, a HIAC match ended in a no contest. Seth was made to look weak and ineffectual with the Fiend shrugging off most of his offence, while the Fiend has lost his mystique and aura of menace after being brutalized by Seth's weapons laden assault.  I didn't think it was possible, but WWE have neutered their own death match. They have taken any semblance of logic and smashed it with the Fiends mallet into paste thinner than Ramblin' Rabbits Bohemian Breakfast Spread!

But why should they care? This show was an afterthought, what with the Raw "Season Premiere", the counter programming to AEW, the Fox move and the up coming draft. I bet they're gonna pull what they did with Survivor Series last year and completely sweep this under the rug. Outside of the title changes, not a single thing will be referenced. 

Good thing we have an alternative that we can count on. 

This weeks AEW main event has been announced, building off the fall out from last week as the Hangman looks to make it up to his Elite brothers by helping Dustin get some payback. 

image.thumb.png.d4f6efa43951a1df1fba72087a941245.png

And in other news, it was revealed last week that CMLL has been going through an internal restructuring as of late and have changed their policies. This had the effect of RUSH quitting CMLL and now working ROH full time. This also had CMLL tell Dragon LEE not to take part in PWG: BoLA, which he did anyways and was fired over it. He's a pretty big free agent now and it'll be interesting to see where he wants to go now. Odds are it'll be back to NJPW and appearances with ROH on a more regular basis, but AEW and business opportunities with AAA aren't out of the question either. 
Rush-and-Dragon-Lee-e1569674853200-696x391.jpg

Spoiler

Also congrats to RUSH on winning the ROH World Championship.