Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which one speaks louder - Action or words?

Odyssey

Which one speaks louder?  

36 users have voted

1. 1. Which one speaks louder?

• Words
    • Action

This is a baited question with and a very unfair vote.   Both are equal and are very situationally dependent.

Think of your friends, when they need a hand are you there to lend it to them or do you hide in the shadows and hope someone else picks up the slack.

When your friends are feeling down are you there for a shoulder to cry on or offer words of encouragement.

To me both acts are the same, action carries the same weight as words when given at the right times. 

Rarity is the best pony!

This is an interesting topic because on one hand, you have the saying "Sticks and stones can break my bones but words can never hurt me". But on the other hand, you have nonviolence approaches, which involve using words instead of actions, being influential in turning things around. In my opinion, actions speak louder. Why? Because not only do they get people's attentions, they can injure and even kill people. This type of pain, which hurts people both physically and emotionally, is far more worse than just emotional pain. They also scare people a lot.

Both are powerful, it's like putting your money where your mouth is, for economics, it is important to speak and do, in order to make capital. Words need teeth, and hands need thoughts, it is a symbiotic existence to have words and actions, work in harmony and unison, the balance between the two is a measure of hard work, to simply to move from one extreme to another, can leave many goals unfulfilled, so it is action and words that speak louder together, rather than one or the other.  

• 2 weeks later...

Action. You can say whatever the fuck you want, but if you don't back it up with action your words quickly lose meaning and credibility.