Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Most Depressing Episode(s) In Any Series

Castle Bleck

Law & Order: SVU - "Smoked": The victim's daughter ultimately tries to avenge her mother against the bad guy, but Stabler is forced to shoot the daughter to stop her. Afterward, disgusted at the law for forcing him to kill a victim to save a sociopath, Stabler finally resigns.

Criminal Minds - "Zugzwang": The BAU and Reid ultimately fail to save his girlfriend. And worse, it's a murder-suicide, so Reid can't even get revenge like Hotch did against Foyet.

• Brohoof 1

The episode of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air when Will's dad leaves him again. Also the episode shows why Uncle Phil was one of the best characters in the show

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 1

The episode of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air when Will's dad leaves him again. Also the episode shows why Uncle Phil was one of the best characters in the show

Even more depressing after James Avery died.

• Brohoof 1

Every episode that isn't intentionally trying to make you forget the last depressing thing in Clannad and Clannad After Story.87b05dc231985c6900ee5c2f989b183e.jpgn512ff1f4db362.jpg

Everything in this show is sad... the cable repair man has a sad story the cat has a back story, the freaking tiny kitten has a story that makes you want to cry...
anotherdayindangoland023.jpg

tumblr_inline_n8w7oaurCJ1rbpimx.gif

clannad_sad_by_miidoolove428-d7boyov.jpg

A couple come to mind even though there are plenty I'm not thinking of at the moment.

Burn Notice- When Micheal's brothers is shot by a sniper, and it last words was "I'm scared" that hit me, also in the finale when Michael's mother sacrifices her self for the gang by setting of a bomb by hand.

Red vs Blue- This is no doubt my favorite series and a master piece for an online show thats lasted 13 years. The end of season 10 when the guys and Carolina finally track down the director. The sadness in the Directors face as he looks up at his daughter and he is filled with regret as he ruined lives trying to recreate his loved one that he lost at a young age. He asks his daughter Carolina to leave him her pistol as you can only imagine what he did with that bullet after he sealed himself in... such a sad moment.

I'm sure there a some I'm forgetting but those jump to mind.

• Brohoof 1

I thought The Crystal Empire 2 parter was kind of depressing the first time seeing it. It felt depressing how a Kingdom and race of ponies lost 1000 years. Though Atlantis The Lost Empire was more depressing because Atlantis lost over 9000 years. There's no way that can be right.

(edited)

Tom And Jerry - "Blue Cat Blues": Tom and Jerry both ultimately lose their girlfriends, bankrupt themselves for nothing, and then commit suicide via train offscreen.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

~The first season finale of Pokémon. Just seeing Brock and Misty leave Ash caused me to tear up.

~The last episode of Lost. Seeing everyone in the church made me cry. To think they all died at the end. :(

Perhaps not the most depressing but certainly the most emotionally affecting in a long time:

Better Call Saul - S1 E6 - "Five-0"

'Nuff said.  :(

Dude, that scene was insane! Jonathan Banks wins ALL the Emmys for that performance.

I also have to mention a few other things

-Alchemal transmutation of Nina Tucker in Fullmetal Alchemist

-Death of Hughes in Fullmetal Alchemist

-One of the final scenes of Quantum Leap, when Sam tell's Al's wife to keep faith, that he's still alive, and is coming home one day.

• Brohoof 3

Alchemal transmutation of Nina Tucker in Fullmetal Alchemist -Death of Hughes in Fullmetal Alchemist

Can't believe I forgot about those. That Nina Tucker transmutation was so messed up words can't describe it. And Hughes was just straight awesome it made me hate Envy more than anyone that entire series for killing Hughes.

• Brohoof 1

The end of Cowboy Bebop when Spike is covered in blood, its snowing

and he points his finger to the sky and says Bang and just passes out on

the steps.....

'Rose's Scabbard' from Steven Universe. 

Pearl's emotions and actions throughout the episode was rather well done and relatable to how a person would experience loss; anger and depression.

There's also some other episodes from Steven Universe:

• Joking Victim
  • An Indirect Kiss
  • Lion 3: Straight to Video
  • Future Vision 
  • On The Run
  • Maximum Capacity

The most depressing? For me it would be Episode 9 "The Rains of Castamere", Season 3 of Game of Thrones. The death of Robb Stark and his mother was just heart breaking (although I already knew it was going to happen since I've read the books). 

i got one! i got one!

...L's death, DeathNote.

i stopped watching anything, for about a week. the first time an anime characters death actually affected me. like, my eyes widened, and watched in horror as his body slumped to the ground.

• Brohoof 1