Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I definitely think The Crystal Empire Parts 1 & 2 (basically one episode) is the most boring episode of the show. It is the only episode to date that I had to force myself to get through it. It just kept on going with boring filler, especially in the middle, and the villain did not interest me in the slightest. That, along with some other issues I had, are why I consider the season three premiere to be the worst episode in the show.

• Brohoof 3

I definitely think The Crystal Empire Parts 1 & 2 (basically one episode) is the most boring episode of the show. It is the only episode to date that I had to force myself to get through it. It just kept on going with boring filler, especially in the middle, and the villain did not interest me in the slightest. That, along with some other issues I had, are why I consider the season three premiere to be the worst episode in the show.

I do agree that it's the worst premiere in the show,  although it still looks like I liked it better than you did.

Somepony To Watch Over Me

That one was a lot of things that weren't good, but boring? I dunno...

• Brohoof 1

Spike At Your Service. It's slow pace makes it feel as if this episode will never end. I also wasn't interested in the plot and I dislike how the characters were written. At least some of the humour was pretty funny.

I can't say I'm fond of Maud Pie either, for similar reasons as SAYS. Unlike SAYS, I didn't really care for the humour here. I guess it's because I'm quite the stranger towards dry humour.

Well, this definitely proves "If everyone liked the same stuff, there'd be an awful shortage of haggis".  Some of the most named episodes were among my favorites.

Still, I can't believe NOBODY mentioned episode 50 MMMystery on the Friendship Express.  It beat out some pretty stiff competition to be the Most Annoying & Pointless Episode Ever

Although, Spike At Your Service, Just For Sidekicks, & May The Best Pet Win, were all contenders in a tough league

"Swarm of the Century"

"The Mysterious Mare Do Well"

"Family Appreciation Day"

"Baby Cakes"

"MMMystery on the Friendship Express"

"Daring Don't"

"Twilight Time"

Yah these ones are on the list of eps i skip...

• Brohoof 1

For me, it's Leap of Faith. Not only was the story extremely cliched, but it was literally just a point A. to point B. type story with nothing new to offer. There was a song in it but it wasn't that memorable. Some might It Ain't Easy Being Breezies is more boring, but at least that had some adorable and amusing moments to it. This one I can barely even remember what happened in it.

I'm going to take this as "Episodes one wouldn't like to rewatch' so, heres my list. Ahem!

Friendship is magic : Boring

Rainbow falls : Rainbow Dash is a jerk

Green isn't your color : don't care

The breezy episode : Don't care

Just for sidekicks: Boring

Fillivanilli: Like the songs but kind of don't care

I'm kind of split between Apple Family Reunion and Baby Cakes.

I never found Winter Wrap-Up to be anything special for some reason. Even the song wasn't anything great.

Don't forget that that shoehorned hibernation lesson for the EI rating.

Edited by SpaceOnion
  • Brohoof 1

3rd place = It Ain't Easy Being Breezies. Although the design of the Breezies were good and it had a good key moment for Fluttershy about tough love. (No PPG pun intended)

2nd place = Castle Mane-ia. Pointless, boring, predictable and had no spooky moments or funny moments whatsoever.

1st place = Pretty much every Spike episode to date. Seriously, why can't the writers give the little guy some slack? Or at the very least some character!

Spike at your Service, Just for Sidekicks - I don't like Spike, but in those episodes I wanted kill him. I thought Spike is good assistant, but in this episodes he show me that no.

Well, this definitely proves "If everyone liked the same stuff, there'd be an awful shortage of haggis".  Some of the most named episodes were among my favorites.

Still, I can't believe NOBODY mentioned episode 50 MMMystery on the Friendship Express.  It beat out some pretty stiff competition to be the Most Annoying & Pointless Episode Ever

Although, Spike At Your Service, Just For Sidekicks, & May The Best Pet Win, were all contenders in a tough league

Seriously? It's my favourite episode :P .

Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 and Maud Pie. They're not bad episodes per se, but the former dragged on far too long with the brother's song and Maud Pie is just...dull. I guess that fits with her character, but the episode itself didn't really have much going for it otherwise.  

• Brohoof 1

• 8 years later...

I found "Apple Family Reunion" pretty unremarkable, though even that one had moments I liked (Babs Seed returning and the pretty catchy song "Raise This Barn"). Shows how much I like FIM that I can say that about my least favorite episode.

• Brohoof 2

Discordant Harmony is absolutely my choice since, it took me multiple tries at different times to finish the whole episode when it was originally released. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Well, I got a brand new answer from eight years ago. :P

Applejack's "Day" Off. Other than Rarity's pruny face in the beginning, nothing interesting happens. By far the most ordinary, plain episode of the series.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023-05-17 at 11:45 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

Well, I got a brand new answer from eight years ago. :P

Applejack's "Day" Off. Other than Rarity's pruny face in the beginning, nothing interesting happens. By far the most ordinary, plain episode of the series.

I think I almost fell asleep when I watched that one. :ButtercupLaugh: Not the worst episode of the show, but certainly among the least memorable.

• Brohoof 2

Probably AJ’s Day Off, episode was so slow I remember checking the time multiple times and being surprised that it was ways off. Only memorable parts were the RD scenes, and that’s not even me being biased.

One thing I did eventually get from the episode though given the season it was from was that I’d rather have a boring episode than a bad, aggravating episode 

• Brohoof 2

definitely Applejack's Day Off 

took me a couple years to finally get pass it in my rewatch. 

There are worse episodes that are not boring but very infuriating but Applejack's Day Off while also infuriating for a few reasons is just a complete snorefest 

:worry:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Looks like this one found some extra legs :laugh: As a matter of fact, my new answer is also Applejack's Day Off. It's not every day I gave a thumbs down to an episode, just for being so lazy as to drag out and make a spectacle of absolutely nothing worthwhile happening, but there it is XP