479 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Wouldn’t it make sense for Twilight to lose her Alicorn wings when she loses her cutie mark? 🤔

Maybe the wings are physically permanent after becoming an alicorn? But one might lose the ability to fly with them if they lose their cutie mark/magic. I can’t remember if we see any of the ponies flying after having their cutie mark stolen despite rewatching these episodes not too long ago. So many unanswered questions about alicorns like that :double-shock:

• Brohoof 2

The cutie marks have anything to do with Alicorn power, I actually don't think the ability to fly with wings has anything to do with magic at all (at least not in G4's original concepts, in G5 it is for sure)

I believe the magic of Cutie Marks serve to store someone's talents and powers, so removing them result in a individual losing control of its own will, but not to straight leave a individual weak or without energy (which is required to use magic)

But the show is really ambiguous when it comes to that, apparently the loss of cutie marks here is a result from the same kind of magic used by Discord in the Return fo Harmony, as both are used to manipulate the characters' talents, then, making them lose their colors, that represents them not acting the way as they should (Discord gave an extra by making everyone mean), which is different from when Tirek stole the magic of everyone, there, everyone got powerless, but they also have their cutie marks stolen, then we see that they only lose the color of their eyes, but apparently their talents are kept? It's never said, it's really confusing.

• Brohoof 2